Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Feleipe Franks QB UF

What do you all think of him? Apparently he's the front runner for the starting spot at QB at Florida. Great frame, great arm.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't know how he's been doing as of recently but I know that he was, and probably still is, incredibly raw. He has pretty good potential and if I was UF, I would give him the majority of the snaps so he can actually get meaningful, game-time experience.

Quote:What do you all think of him? Apparently he's the front runner for the starting spot at QB at Florida. Great frame, great arm.

I'm not certain how anyone could have any real 1st hand opinion given the fact that most of us haven't seen him in any real action (other than HS YouTube highlights.  With that in mind, I'd imagine most responses will simply be a reiteration of what we hear on the radio.

I heard he has competition...

http://www.alligator.org/sports/football...f7d10.html

Don't sleep on Trask. If Franks is the superior athlete but Trask is the safer play... We could see McElwain take the safer route. If the OC likes you... I think you have a leg up.

While I suppose LDR has a chance to earn his spot back, he's behind the ball with his shoulder injury.

It's between Trask and Franks easily, it always has been. Last year was literally a throw away year since idiot Mcelwain didn't want to give the reigns to the QB of the future (which Trask was ahead of Franks last year). Anyone who knows anything about UF knows Trask/Franks is the starter this year. Hopefully will be Franks but if he doesn't get his jitters under control from what I heard about him from earlier practices then Trask could definitely give him a run for his money. Trask would have been rated as high as Franks but he had extra curricular stuff going on which hampered his rating. 

Also apparently ex Notre Dame star Malik Zaire is looking to transfer to UF. 

Quote:Also apparently ex Notre Dame star Malik Zaire is looking to transfer to UF. 

From a college game perspective, I actually liked him better than Kizer.

Quote:Also apparently ex Notre Dame star Malik Zaire is looking to transfer to UF. 
Calling him a star is a bit of a reach, don't you think?

In order for him to transfer to UF, the SEC needs to change the graduate student transfer rules.  Right now, the Gators can't bring him in because they've had a couple of grad students transfer in who couldn't maintain the grades.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Calling him a star is a bit of a reach, don't you think?

In order for him to transfer to UF, the SEC needs to change the graduate student transfer rules.  Right now, the Gators can't bring him in because they've had a couple of grad students transfer in who couldn't maintain the grades.

You must know more than the experts because apprently he's being looked at as a serious immediate starter. 

Also, yes I called him a star because that's what he's looked at as... I don't want him coming anywhere near UF, it should be between Franks/Trask this year and nobody else. I figured UF learned their lesson by transferring garbage in last season but I guess not. 

Franks has more upside. Trask is more polished right now. Saying Franks has more upside also doesn't diminish Trask's potential. They both could be very good college QBs. I have no interest in Zaire, so I hope they don't modify the rules for him. I think him coming in late would just cause tension in the locker room. We have 2 guys who can get the job done that need their shot. 

Honestly, whichever of the 2 or 3 get the job, the gators are going to be the best off under center since Tebow....maybe minus the one season Grier started to turn it on. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:You must know more than the experts because apprently he's being looked at as a serious immediate starter. 

Also, yes I called him a star because that's what he's looked at as... I don't want him coming anywhere near UF, it should be between Franks/Trask this year and nobody else. I figured UF learned their lesson by transferring garbage in last season but I guess not. 

I have never heard anyone refer to Zaire as a Notre Dame star.....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Franks has more upside. Trask is more polished right now. Saying Franks has more upside also doesn't diminish Trask's potential. They both could be very good college QBs. I have no interest in Zaire, so I hope they don't modify the rules for him. I think him coming in late would just cause tension in the locker room. We have 2 guys who can get the job done that need their shot. 

Honestly, whichever of the 2 or 3 get the job, the gators are going to be the best off under center since Tebow....maybe minus the one season Grier started to turn it on. 

There is no modifying the rules for him. He's a graduate, he doesn't have to sit out any time to come to UF. Not sure where FBT got that information but he could start immediately. Still don't want him to but he could. 

Quote:I have never heard anyone refer to Zaire as a Notre Dame star.....

I literally don't care about arguing about something so insignificant as that but yeah he was their star. 

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2017, 12:18 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:I literally don't care about arguing about something so insignificant as that but yeah he was their star.

He was their star QB?

6 total touchdowns in the last 3 seasons. doesnt sound like a "star" to me. 

ill let fbt comment on the rules because i am uneducated in that dept. 

My money is on trask winning the job this season btw.

Quote:You must know more than the experts because apprently he's being looked at as a serious immediate starter. 

Stars usually have a resume that backs that up.  Luke Del Rio has a more impressive resume, so I guess little JDR is a star too, right?

Just because he played at ND doesn't make him a star. 

Feel free to post links to all of the "experts" who think he was a star at ND.  As far as being a serious and immediate starter, that says more about the talent they have on the roster currently than anything he has accomplished.  And I think that if you look at the young guns they've got, those "experts" are no more expert than you or I.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:He was their star QB?

6 total touchdowns in the last 3 seasons. doesnt sound like a "star" to me. 

ill let fbt comment on the rules because i am uneducated in that dept. 

Two grad student transfers the Gators brought in last year bascally flunked out.  Under SEC rules, that means the Gators can't bring in another grad student transfer for 3 years.  The Gators are supposedly trying to get the rule changed. 

Franks is Florida's best shot at an NFL QB

Quote:Franks is Florida's best shot at an NFL QB
It sounds like he is going to be the guy heading into the fall. 

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:It sounds like he is going to be the guy heading into the fall.

Probably have a better idea after the upcoming spring game.