Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The new Jaguars

As promised, I am back for the 2016 NFL Draft after staying away during the busiest part of free agency. Here are my thoughts about what we did to improve our roster before the draft.

Malik Jackson: I love how fast Dave Caldwell acted during the legal tampering period to get this guy before anyone else had a chance. He is the upgrade we needed at defensive tackle.

Tashaun Gipson: We finally filled our bottomless pit at free safety. Again, a smart decision to act fast instead of wait around for someone else.

Chris Ivory: The media made us look bad for helping T.J. Yeldon. I have always favored two running backs splitting carries when there is no Adrian Peterson on the roster.

Brad Nortman: I know we tried to keep Banger, so this signing makes me wonder if this only fills a hole in the roster or vastly upgrades the position.

Prince Amukamara: Why did he get a prove-it contract instead of a multi-year deal? He is probably the upgrade at cornerback we have been waiting forever for.

Kelvin Beacham: I wondered why we did not sign Russell Okung instead when he was available. Of course any significant upgrade over Luke Joeckel is a good thing.

Overall: Grade A.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They also signed Mackenzy Bernadeau

Quote:They also signed Mackenzy Bernadeau

#feelthebern

Grade C

See Bklyn, this is how you make a quality thread.

Welcome back, JW!

As for Prince...it's a prove it deal to prove he can remain healthy and test the waters I would think.

Beachum >>> Okung

Quote:See Bklyn, this is how you make a quality thread.

Welcome back, JW!

As for Prince...it's a prove it deal to prove he can remain healthy and test the waters I would think.

Beachum >>> Okung
Reeeeeeeeeeeach

Is this ***Official***?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Is this ***Official***?
It's the ***official Official***
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Welcome back. Gipson was a huge signing for us. I think everyone was thrilled with free agency. Very excited for the draft.

The media is loving us now for signing Jackson, Gipson, Amukamara, Ivory, and Beacham while other teams just lose free agents. I am excited about seeing all of them wear teal, black, and gold along with 8 draft picks and Dante Fowler.

When we signed Amukamara, I thought about people on this board wanting us to draft him.

Quote:See Bklyn, this is how you make a quality thread.

Welcome back, JW!

Beachum >>> Okung

U ok bro? Still thinking about me huh

Great free agency, only 2 glaring problems left, depth and impact at LB and DE.

Welcome back to March

Quote:Is this ***Official***?

I don't think that it's officially ***Official***.  I ***Officially*** declare this thread as being unofficial.   :nuke:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I don't think that it's officially ***Official***. I ***Officially*** declare this thread as being unofficial. :nuke:

I thought it was only "official" if amelialand makes it official? Well that's what I was told.

Quote:I thought it was only "official" if amelialand makes it official? Well that's what I was told.

I'm not sure if that's officially the case.  Maybe someone with official authority on the matter will give us an official report.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:U ok bro? Still thinking about me huh

Welp

Quote:As promised, I am back for the 2016 NFL Draft after staying away during the busiest part of free agency. Here are my thoughts about what we did to improve our roster before the draft.

Malik Jackson: I love how fast Dave Caldwell acted during the legal tampering period to get this guy before anyone else had a chance. He is the upgrade we needed at defensive tackle.

Tashaun Gipson: We finally filled our bottomless pit at free safety. Again, a smart decision to act fast instead of wait around for someone else.

Chris Ivory: The media made us look bad for helping T.J. Yeldon. I have always favored two running backs splitting carries when there is no Adrian Peterson on the roster.

Brad Nortman: I know we tried to keep Banger, so this signing makes me wonder if this only fills a hole in the roster or vastly upgrades the position.

Prince Amukamara: Why did he get a prove-it contract instead of a multi-year deal? He is probably the upgrade at cornerback we have been waiting forever for.

Kelvin Beacham: I wondered why we did not sign Russell Okung instead when he was available. Of course any significant upgrade over Luke Joeckel is a good thing.

Overall: Grade A.
where did you go?

[Image: giphy.gif]

7-9 record.

Improvement.

Somehow Gus keeps his job.

Patience still required.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2016, 06:40 PM by ATLjag.)

^not this.

This fanbase has gotten gun shy about hoping for a better record this season.  It's understandable given the last few seasons.  However, with the improvement to the roster in the offseason, and the growing of the youth investment, this team should be no worse than 8-8.  I might even go out on a Duval-tattooed tree limb and say 9 or 10 wins.