Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't COUNT a MARQUIS because of injury (Marqise Lee)

Our favorite team finally has an explosive young Wide Receiver Duo that is the best in the NFL with Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson, and while Rashad Greene is the likely 3rd WR on the line at the start of the season, don't forget about a certain WR from USC Marqise Lee.  He is my guess of the Jaguar that is going to have a breakout season this year.  If only he can remain healthy enough to make a difference on the field.

His college highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIjzTV0r1po

As a Jaguar against Falcons (25 sec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JilR9m7V69w

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

85% Probability of being injured and missing games in 2016

Marqise Lee Injury Report log

Year   League    Area             In depth report

2015     NFL        Knee         Lee injured his knee during OTAs and had to sit out the program. He is scheduled to miss minicamp too

2015     NFL        Leg           Lee pulled his hamstring in training camp and had to sit out of several practices

2014     NFL        Ankle        Marqise Lee missed time at OTAs with a right ankle injury and spent some time in a walking boot.

2014     NFL        Leg           Lee missed 3 games with a pulled hamstring he suffered in week 2 of the regular season

2013     College  Knee         Lee suffered a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his left knee during a punt return against Arizona State.

Marqise Lee is coming off a season where he was hobbled by ankle and hamstring injuries. He injured his knee during OTAs and there is a very good chance he misses some games this season as a result of injury - sportsinjurypredictor . com source

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Agreed. Still flashed when he was healthy - just the massive question of whether he can stay on the field. Fingers crossed here because I'm still hopeful of him living up to his second round billing.

What have you done for me lately? If he doesnt break out this season, gotta think about parting ways.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:What have you done for me lately? If he doesnt break out this season, gotta think about parting ways.

Or at least stay healthy and contribute more.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If he can not get hurt then I think he will breakout too. His YAC is explosive, but his hands are meh. I always liked the dude, hope he pans out..

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

I remember some mocks had him going top 10-15 at one point (maybe his JR year, not sure). He's very talented and can bring a different element to this offense. Robinson/Hurns/JT will get the majority of balls but if Lee can provide some big plays throughout the season our offense is that much better.

LOL watching that circus catch by Lee, then the camera follows him to the sideline wincing in pain. 

Even if he's healthy, I wonder who he's going to steal yards and TD's from. Bortles will probably throw less TDs than last year because Ivory may be able to score near the goal line. Assuming (and hoping for) full health, I guess the Allens may get a couple hundred yards less between the two of them. But Greene and Thomas are also in line to pick up the slack. Does Lee take Bryan Walters' yards?

Point being, if the offence stays healthy, don't expect Lee, even if he's healthy, to have an 800 yard, 7 TD season.

He has all the talent in the world but I think his confidence has been shot because of all the injuries and the emergence of two Allens 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Playmaker waiting to happen. Chammmppiioonnshhiiippp

Quote:He has all the talent in the world but I think his confidence has been shot because of all the injuries and the emergence of two Allens 

Injuries I'll give you. It sucks as an athlete to be oft injured when all you want to do is get out there and play/contribute.

If anything, the emergence of the two Allens will be a monumental boon if he plays up to his potential and can stay on the field.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

85% Probability of being injured and missing games in 2016

Marqise Lee Injury Report log

Year   League    Area             In depth report

2015     NFL        Knee         Lee injured his knee during OTAs and had to sit out the program. He is scheduled to miss minicamp too

2015     NFL        Leg           Lee pulled his hamstring in training camp and had to sit out of several practices

2014     NFL        Ankle        Marqise Lee missed time at OTAs with a right ankle injury and spent some time in a walking boot.

2014     NFL        Leg           Lee missed 3 games with a pulled hamstring he suffered in week 2 of the regular season

2013     College  Knee         Lee suffered a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his left knee during a punt return against Arizona State.

Marqise Lee is coming off a season where he was hobbled by ankle and hamstring injuries. He injured his knee during OTAs and there is a very good chance he misses some games this season as a result of injury - sportsinjurypredictor . com source

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlights are cool and everything but you hit the nail on the head with the reality of the situation

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 03:33 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

I hope he steps up from the injuries in the past.  He has something special, speed.  Lee testing Safeties leaving 40in vert ARob 1 on 1, A1 route running hurns 1 on 1, smh.  I'm getting to excited and he hasn't made it to wk 1 yet, i'll sit back down. 

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2016, 06:08 PM by Caldrac.)

They just need to keep him limited during practice and pre-season and find a way for him to make some wrinkles in the line-up. Give him 10 - 15 snaps with realistically 3 - 5 of those being intended for him out of the Slot and he could be a game changer this year. Just need him to stay healthy.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Would be awesome to see him stay healthy and become a beast on the field....

This guy reminds me of Mike Sims Walker.  All the potential but can't stay on the field.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

If Lee stays healthy enough to demonstrate his spirit then I think he will make the team better. We have an opportoony to have a top 5 offense in the league, man! People will start to associate explosive plays with Jay-gwires football.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:LOL watching that circus catch by Lee, then the camera follows him to the sideline wincing in pain. 

I mean that play sums up Lee's NFL Career so far he has flashes of great potential but he simply can't remain healthy, BUT I think this year will be different for him!  I have my fingers and toes crossed for the guy.

Quote:This guy reminds me of Mike Sims Walker.  All the potential but can't stay on the field.

I can see the comparison with the injuries yet MSW did dumb stuff like going to hang out with his gf instead of preparing for the game & what not.

Quote:They just need to keep him limited during practice and pre-season and find a way for him to make some wrinkles in the line-up. Give him 10 - 15 snaps with realistically 3 - 5 of those being intended for him out of the Slot and he could be a game changer this year. Just need him to stay healthy.

The albino tiger has a special regiment to help reduce his injuries I think it will pay off this year.

Quote:If Lee stays healthy enough to demonstrate his spirit then I think he will make the team better. We have an opportoony to have a top 5 offense in the league, man! People will start to associate explosive plays with Jay-gwires football.

I doubt that it will happen but could you imagine if GM Dave Caldwell drafts LT Tunsil with the 5th overall & then trades up and drafts Center Ryan Kelly so that Linder can remain at RG and have Cann at LG with Parnell at RT that would be the best Oline since Coughlin was here.

Quote:If Lee stays healthy enough to demonstrate his spirit then I think he will make the team better. We have an opportoony to have a top 5 offense in the league, man! People will start to associate explosive plays with Jay-gwires football.

Blake Bortles said he is excited to finally get an "extended period" of work with WR Marqise Lee this offseason

A 2014 second-round pick, Lee has played just 23 games in two seasons and has yet to put together an extended run of health. "It’s been hard to get on the same page and work for an extended period of time, so I’m excited he’s here and he’s healthy," Bortles said. "He’s super talented." Lee is expected to battle 2015 fifth-rounder Rashad Greene for the No. 3 receiver role. If healthy, Lee should be able to win the job. Apr 23 - 9:03 AM -Rotoworld.

"Marqise is extremely talented and going into his third year, I expect good things out of him and our coaching staff does, too," Caldwell said. "He has an element in terms of speed and explosion ... that is hard to find."-Feb 26th Rotoworld

---------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind all those that doubt the Albino Tiger, he's only 24 years old!