Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't COUNT a MARQUIS because of injury (Marqise Lee)

Quote:Playmaker waiting to happen. Chammmppiioonnshhiiippp

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...d-TD-catch

Lee (Elvis) has left the building...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I still pinch myself to see if it's true that the Jags have 4+ viable, potential long term fixtures at WR. After all the battles to land just one guy in that position since Smooth, for Marquis Lee to be battling for #3 'speaks volumes'.

If Lee breaks out this year, with Allens maintaining play and Greene establishing himself as standout PR/utility man, something will have to give in 2017 and beyond. Teams will do what it takes to eat into talent concentration in Jags WR corps. We won't keep em all, despite cap space.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Many feel that the team has the best quality depth at WR than any other position on the team.

Quote:Blake Bortles said he is excited to finally get an "extended period" of work with WR Marqise Lee this offseason

A 2014 second-round pick, Lee has played just 23 games in two seasons and has yet to put together an extended run of health. "It’s been hard to get on the same page and work for an extended period of time, so I’m excited he’s here and he’s healthy," Bortles said. "He’s super talented." Lee is expected to battle 2015 fifth-rounder Rashad Greene for the No. 3 receiver role. If healthy, Lee should be able to win the job. Apr 23 - 9:03 AM -Rotoworld.

"Marqise is extremely talented and going into his third year, I expect good things out of him and our coaching staff does, too," Caldwell said. "He has an element in terms of speed and explosion ... that is hard to find."-Feb 26th Rotoworld

---------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind all those that doubt the Albino Tiger, he's only 24 years old!

But how old is he in "injury years"?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

"We haven't had him in a lot of practices until the end of last year,” Gus said. “Just to see him practice and he can build up and stack up good practice after good practice because he does need some technique work. His issue is not his skillset. His speed is something that we don't have, and his athleticism. I think just stacking up really good practices. _News 4 Jax

side note:

In an ironic twist, Bradley said if one player has stood out in the last couple of weeks it’s Aaron Colvin

Meanwhile... I'm still stuck on the fact that the title of the thread spells his name 2 different ways...

Also, until he's consistently on the field producing, I'm uninterested.  He's a distant #3 if not #4 at this point to me.  Perhaps this  year he changes that.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

“It’s been good,” Bortles said. “He does a lot of things that not a whole lot of people who can do. The way he comes in and out of cuts, and the ability to run with the ball in his hands after the catch … he definitely has a lot of added value. It’s cool to see him healthy, feeling good and running around.”

I think a few teams might sleep game planning against the Jaguars in regards to WR Lee, I expect that he'll make some spectacular catches this season!

Quote:Meanwhile... I'm still stuck on the fact that the title of the thread spells his name 2 different ways...

Also, until he's consistently on the field producing, I'm uninterested.  He's a distant #3 if not #4 at this point to me.  Perhaps this  year he changes that.

It was a play on words.. for fun

MARQUIS
a nobleman ranking above a count and below a duke.

On the radio, they said he looked good in OTAs

Hopefully he will break out. I started a conversation his rookie season early, wondering if he was going to be a bust or not. I took a ton of flack for it, but I did wonder. It happened a lot in college at USC, and it's happened a lot here. Let's hope that this kind of streak is over and he becomes the kind of wideout that he was drafted to be. If that happens, this offense can be scary good.

It all hinges on him staying healthy though. Here's to hoping he does. :yes:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

“You see him doing more things to take care of his body,” Bradley said. “We still have continued conversations. I think he’s starting to take ownership of it more, I feel a lot."

“My thing is just being healthy,” Lee said. “That’s what’s going through my head. When Coach Gus asks me my mindset, that’s it. That’s all I worry about.”

======================

I think this year will be different for WR Lee with a better chance of staying healthy long enough to produce some great moments during games.