Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do Jag fans deserve QB Blake Bortles?

I watch this guy in interviews being incredibly humble despite having a terrific 2nd year in the NFL, and I wonder why so many fans continue to think negative about him.

I have to wonder if it has something to do with the media's view on him after he struggled in his rookie year.  They forgot to mention that when he was drafted the franchise said he wasn't going to start his rookie year.  They may not recall that he had to play behind the Jaguars worst Offensive line in franchise history, and the worst oline in the NFL.  They may not want to allow the fact that he had all rookie injured WRs whom themselves struggled with dropped passes, or the fact that his OC was fired after his rookie year for lack of production & not coaching Bortles right according to the Head Coach.

We witnessed Blake Bortles Quarterback Rating jump from 69.5 to 88.2 after only one year, and not since Dan Marino had a QB so young scored so much with so much passing yards in his 2nd year in the NFL.  He is only going to get better with an improved Offensive line, an added running threat with Free Agent Chris Ivory & hopefully a much improved defense.

Why aren't more Jaguar fans as excited as me that the team has it's best franchise QB in Jaguar history.  There I said it.  I know it has only been one year, but he is better than Mark Brunnell.  He simply needs his LT Tony Boselli, to have the time to throw.  That is why I for one will not be upset if pick #5 is LT Tunsil.

Simply look at this link;

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...assing.htm

Guess who is now at the top of the passing record list... He threw for more yards, and TDs, with higher rating than Mark (not sure why Blake wasn't in the ProBowl).

boom

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01/29/b...tannehill/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles is a beast. I deserve to watch him every Sunday.
Shock the world

I heard Steelers fans bash Big Ben early in his career after a bad game, wanting to trade him. Fans are irrational.

After all the years we have had as Jags fans we deserve him more than anyone.  Some "fans" are just trolls.  It will always be like that!

All very valid and great points.   My rant was simply after reading a few anti-Blake threads, even ones that don't seem that bad such as would you trade Blake for....

no..

He is the most valuable player on the team right now.. don't trade him for anything!

Look at what the Rams & Eagles have given up in hopes of finding a QB like Blake Bortles...

Bortles wasn't in the Pro Bowl because of an injury.

[Image: n1A1mll.jpg]

People been putting the jags aside for years.. That's just always how its been.. But well be good again..

Let's slow down for a second, he hasn't won us anything yet.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I disagree, he's won us respect.  For once the media is actually talking about the Jaguars passing attack.. haven't heard of that in a very long time... since Mark Brunnell really..

Everybody here loves him.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:I disagree, he's won us respect.  For once the media is actually talking about the Jaguars passing attack.. haven't heard of that in a very long time... since Mark Brunnell really..
I disagree, he has not won 'us' respect; he's only won himself respect. He hasn't won the team much of anything yet. Mark Brunnell on the other hand helped take us to the AFC championship. Our best record with Bortles is a pathetic 5-11. Not totally Bortles fault, but he was a part of it. Let's wait until he's done something tangible for the team before we crown him.

If anyone has something negative to say about him after the year he had playing behind that cardboard cutout O-Line should climb on top of Mathews bridge and take a head dive

[Image: giphy.gif]

If Bortles keeps throwing pick sixes, throwing the ball beyond the line of scrimmage, and holding the ball too long staring down receivers, we will never win a CHhhhhhammpppiionnnshhiiipppp.

I think everyone is very excited that we seemed to have finally solved the QB position, however, there's always caution when you don't have that much experience with the guy. I think everyone is more cautiously optimistic than giddy with wild abandon. We've Jaguared for too many years to know how this works. Smile

However, every Jag fan I know <3's BB

Why do these threads exist?

Mind numbingly stupid premise.

Quote:Why do these threads exist?

We read these to prove we deserve bortles duh

Quote:Why do these threads exist?

I'm with you on this. Common sense is a stranger to most nowadays.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Deserve?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]