Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WELP: Norman

Quote:It seems like this team is afraid of becoming good.

This.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It seems like this team is afraid of becoming good.
Nah man. It's just big time players don't want to come here. Or they come here in the late stages of their career and take a vacation. lol

Don't do it.

Quote:Nah man. It's just big time players don't want to come here. Or they come here in the late stages of their career and take a vacation. lol

I think we're past the Aaron Ross days
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It seems like this would make too much sense to grab him. We have a CB who's suspended 4 games and a rare opportunity to add a big time talent at a position of need (somewhat) and the cap space to do it. I don't understand, in this particular case, why they wouldn't be completely interested. Unless there's something this FO knows about Norman that others don't, I don't get the non-interest, if that turns out to be the case. 

Quote:It seems like this would make too much sense to grab him. We have a CB who's suspended 4 games and a rare opportunity to add a big time talent at a position of need (somewhat) and the cap space to do it. I don't understand, in this particular case, why they wouldn't be completely interested. Unless there's something this FO knows about Norman that others don't, I don't get the non-interest, if that turns out to be the case.

Get ready to be slammed. How dare you question the front office.

Jags always seem to be the bridesmaid in these situations. I don't think its that they don't want to come here, I just think Jag GM's think they are smarter than everybody and it affects their judgement.

Jags should sign him.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Why have we not signed him already?? This could be the turning point our team needs just like when the Eagles signed Asomugha

Quote:Get ready to be slammed. How dare you question the front office.
Sometimes players come available that seem exciting, but you really know they don't fit or there's not a need. In this case, those two things don't fit. This would be a major upgrade and a need. It would really give us so much freedom in the draft. Again though, unless they know something everyone else doesn't seem to know, it seems strange to hear there's lack of interest. It could just be another smokescreen by Dave. If they want him, I would have to think, they could get him.

Quote:Why have we not signed him already?? This could be the turning point our team needs just like when the Eagles signed Asomugha

They have the money. They tried to spend the money on Vernon and didn't succeed, so in their eyes, the money was going to be gone anyway. Why not make the money gone and give it to Norman?

Quote:Get ready to be slammed. How dare you question the front office.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a moron.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a moron.

How so? Because i want the team to improve. Because i want to make sure i dont witness yet another 5 win season.

Quote:They have the money. They tried to spend the money on Vernon and didn't succeed, so in their eyes, the money was going to be gone anyway. Why not make the money gone and give it to Norman?

That's pretty bad logic. "Ok guys we admitted we went way out of our comfort zone for a LEO that was a big hole for us, but hey lets just throw the money at the next big name player regardless of the situation". If they like him and think he will play at a similar level that he did with Carolina in our system then yeah we should get him, but from all accounts it doesn't appear as if that's the case. This is how teams like the dream team eagles got themselves into trouble. Thinking you are ok with your cap and can just sign every player. Once you spend big on a bunch of free agents that don't pan out, your large cap room seems not so large anymore when you need to resign all your studs on their rookie deals.

Let's be real, Norman isn't signing here even if we wanted him. He will sign with a big market. From what I understand, Norman loves media attention so he would never consider little ol' Jacksonville and their dopey head coach.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 12:20 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Quote:Let's be real, Norman isn't signing here even if we wanted him. He will sign with a big market. From what I understand, Norman loves media attention so he would never consider little ol' Jacksonville and their dopey head coach.
Nah man, you get Coach Bradley the great motivator speaker that he is, in a closed off room with Norman, he will sign here.

Quote:That's pretty bad logic. "Ok guys we admitted we went way out of our comfort zone for a LEO that was a big hole for us, but hey lets just throw the money at the next big name player regardless of the situation". If they like him and think he will play at a similar level that he did with Carolina in our system then yeah we should get him, but from all accounts it doesn't appear as if that's the case. This is how teams like the dream team eagles got themselves into trouble. Thinking you are ok with your cap and can just sign every player. Once you spend big on a bunch of free agents that don't pan out, your large cap room seems not so large anymore when you need to resign all your studs on their rookie deals.

All I am implying is they were willing to throw the kitchen sink at a guy to make our defense better, and it didn't work. They have a second chance to do that.

Quote:How so? Because i want the team to improve. Because i want to make sure i dont witness yet another 5 win season.

No. Basically because you make such stupid statements.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If Coach Bradley wants him and if Norman wants to come here, make it happen.

Otherwise, we are probably OK at corner.  Maybe not as good as we would be with Norman out there but some of that depends on fit and the type of corner we ask him to play versus the type of corner he has been playing for the past 2 years.

Fun fact, Josh Norman's brother is Renaldo Norman who plays for the Jacksonville Giants.