Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Bigger Bust Cyprien or Joeckel
Cyprien
Joeckle
[Show Results]

Bigger Bust? Cyprien or Joeckel?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 11:40 AM by Jags02.)

Yes Joeckle was selected 2nd overall but he atleast has had some good games.  The joke is a good run blocker and if you take out the last game of the 2015 season he has had a solid year.  I'm not saying he's a reliable blindside tackle but he is serviceable.

Cyprien has sucked since he was drafted.  He looks the part but plays like crap.  I can only remember one good game out of Sliprien since he was drafted. Sliprien was drafted high at 33rd overall but has not shown any kind of evidence to point out he was worth the pick.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Had it been too long since you posted a negative thread?  Had to get it out of your system?

Quote:Had it been too long since you posted a negative thread?  Had to get it out of your system?
I guess you couldn't wait so you could throw in your useless two cents in here.  Good Job

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

So do you even football?

At least I still want Joekel on the roster to backup at LT whereas I can't even say I want Cyp on the roster. I don't mean to cut Cyp straight out, but I'd like to see him waived in the cut downs after legitimately being beat out.

'02

I vote waffles

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

When the Jags turn it around will you disappear?
Huh

Such an array of thought provoking threads lately.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Yes Joeckle was selected 2nd overall but he atleast has had some good games.  The joke is a good run blocker and if you take out the last game of the 2015 season he has had a solid year.  I'm not saying he's a reliable blindside tackle but he is serviceable.

Cyprien has sucked since he was drafted.  He looks the part but plays like crap.  I can only remember one good game out of Sliprien since he was drafted. Sliprien was drafted high at 33rd overall but has not shown any kind of evidence to point out he was worth the pick.

Please LT Luke Joeckel is the biggest fail, hands down.  He was taken 2nd overall in the 2013 NFL Draft and was the first pick of GM Dave Caldwell & HC Gus Bradley to be the elite anchor to the offensive line for over a decade... instead he got injured after they traded Monroe away to move Luke to his Left spot from right (where he had struggled) and was out the rest of the season after what like one game after the trade.  Then he failed in his 2nd year, and was even benched a few times in those last two years forcing them to sign Beachum & place him on the trade block in less than 3 years since they took him....

Johnathan Cyprien was taken in the 2nd round (that in itself is a huge difference being the 2nd overall pick in the 1st & comparing it to a guy in the 2nd, come on...)  The Jaguars use their SS as a run stopper and pass rusher kind of like an additional SAM/SOLB on the field to which at times he did very well.  He struggled at the start of his rookie year but towards the end got rather good at his role.  He then got injured, and had horrible supporting DBs that also made him look worse.  He had a bad year and while his starting role is in question most feel he should remain for depth if nothing else .. but Luke they just want gone...

Luke is my answer.. and Luke probably wont even be on the roster at the start of the season while Cyprien will be.

Luke Cyprien all day

honestly Jonathan Joeckel

"After the draft, I’ll let my mind clear a little bit and talk to Luke a little bit, too," Caldwell said. Joeckel has not done anything on the field to earn the fifth-year tag, and the Jaguars added his likely replacement in Kelvin Beachum. If Caldwell is looking to trade Joeckel, picking up the option could make a deal more difficult. It would be surprising if he decided to activate the fifth year. The deadline to make a decision is May 2. - Source Florida Times

You only need to hear the GM Caldwell's comments above about Luke that he didn't make about Cyprien to know the answer to this poll...

I vote lame [BLEEP] thread.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:honestly Jonathan Joeckel
JJ stinks!

Quote:I vote lame [BLEEP] thread.

Agreed, and where is blank #2?

You know how they say "There's no such thing as a stupid question"?

They're wrong.

Luke's a 34 C I'd say where as Cyp is probably around the 32 B range,suppose it depends on your preference?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 03:53 AM by ColoJag.)

Beachum has to beat Joekel first and Sample has to beat Cyp first before we start talking about getting rid of either

The Florida Times Union expects the Jaguars to decline LT Luke Joeckel's fifth-year option because it will make him easier to trade.

LT Luke Joeckel became expendable when the Jaguars signed Kelvin Beachum to a one-year deal with a four-year option - rotoworld

It would be surprising if he decided to activate the fifth year.

----------------------------------

of course rotoworld also wrote

Cyprien has started every game he's been healthy the past three seasons, but is a liability against the pass and had a team-high 21 missed tackles last year. The Jaguars could start sophomore James Sample and convert Cyprien into a sub-package linebacker to limit his coverage exposures. The Florida Times-Union expects Sample to open 2016 opposite FS Tashaun Gipson

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 06:52 AM by Caldrac.)

It's Joeckle. He was the 2nd overall pick. This is a gimme'. At least with Cyprien you can point to the overall lack of pass rush up front for most of our secondary issues. LT is mostly a one-on-one position with a DE. You can either anchor down and handle it. OR, you get blown back and blown up. Luke's issues are under a larger microscope. In Cyprien's case. You can look at the plays and see. "Oh okay, he got burned because so-so QB had 10 seconds and another 5 seconds to get some gatorade if he wanted to on that one" or "Okay, the play broke down and it's been 10 seconds, he can't run with that guy forever, at some point somebody on that front four has to stick a dagger in that QB". And that's been the case for the last three years with our defense.

Our pass rush is garbage. You saw it in mostly two games on an eye opening level. The first one being that San Diego game where old man Rivers was running for first downs on 3rd and long situations. In those cases you could say the secondary WAS doing it's job and the front seven was just stinking it up. And then obviously when we sent nine guys after Mariota and he pulled off one of the greatest QB runs in a long time maybe since the old Vick days (By the way, he's 4.5 or 4.6 guy compared to Vick's 4.2 or 4.3 speed in his prime).

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."