Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would who rather have at 5?
Myles Jack LB/S
Jalen Ramsey CB/S
No opinion/Corn/Who Cares
[Show Results]

Ramsey or Jack

Based on need I would want Jack but it would be really really hard to pass up on Ramsey if he was there at 5. I doubt Ramsey is there at 5. If he is you take Ramsey because his ceiling is very high, perfect corner for our system, and nowadays you need more DBs because it is a pass first league now. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I actually think Jack's ceiling is higher than Ramsey's.

The math gets hairy though when you consider the fact that Ramsey's position is more important.

Jalen Ramsey will be drafted before Myles Jack IMO it wont matter what the poll thinks unless GM Dave Caldwell is willing to trade up to get Jalen.

I dont even really understand how people could see Myles Jack as better than Ramsey?

Quote:VHIII is so overrated on this board.

He's like the Odell Beckham of Cornerbacks
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 01:16 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Jalen Ramsey will be drafted before Myles Jack IMO it wont matter what the poll thinks unless GM Dave Caldwell is willing to trade up to get Jalen.

I dont even really understand how people could see Myles Jack as better than Ramsey?

I see it as Ramsey is an ideal safety, but with the ball skills of top NFL receivers, he isn't a great elite corner.  We have Safety help already and K Joseph is a better S IMO.  That leaves Jack at LB or Bosa at DL and Jack is the better pick.  

VH3 is the better corner as well, so based off Athleticism and strength alone, Jack is better suited to handle the box duties than a S who isnt even the most talented football player at the position and the 2nd best CB.  

Ramsey is only #1 based off being 2nd best at two positions when the other players are suited for one.  Still, like Casserly said in an interview on NFLN, you can't project a player based off a few games at one position.  Plus, he's not even the best in this draft at either projected position; but instead of seeing Ramsey as overhyped, ppl say it's VH3 smh.  UF players must really set off Jags fans.

Ppl questioning VH3 love are probably infatuated with Ramseys strength more than film; because its obvious who the better CB is, not just before 5 yards, but overall.  Same with S.  Watch KJ tape then Ramsey and tell me who's the better S.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Ramsey said he wanted to play for his hometown. Think he still wants to do that at 15? Doubt it.

Ramsey just wanted to go #1 overall IMO with the Titan hometown talk...

I would be happy with Vernon too... some say at #5 is too high but I feel if you like the guy and he fits a need who cares if he is considered a leap by a few picks... get the guy you want.

That being said if the 49ers wanted to trade next years first & this years 7th to move up with this years & next 2nd round too they would have to do it.. and could still land Vernon possibly..

If you had Ramsey there (compared to Charles Woodson) you take him, then why not trade back up into the first to get Ragland outside of top 10 to replace Poz eventually?

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport...agland.php

Interesting thing about Walter Football reviews

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport...reaves.php

They had Jaguars as the team listed first where Vernon might land up in.... FYI

Except there is nothing about Ramsey's game remotely similar to Woodson.

I'll be happy with Jack or Ramsey but if I have to choose then I'm talking Jack. I think the difference between Jack and other linebackers in the draft. Is bigger then difference between Ramsey and the other Corners or safeties.

Quote:I'll be happy with Jack or Ramsey but if I have to choose then I'm talking Jack. I think the difference between Jack and other linebackers in the draft. Is bigger then difference between Ramsey and the other Corners or safeties.

Alot shorter but exactly the point i was trying to make earlier.

Season Tix, Section 409

Updated 4/20/2016 Jaguars Draft

#    5.) * + LE Joey Bosa, Ohio State Jaguars want to focus on front 7 and take best Edge Rusher. Allowing Marks & Jackson on the inside next to NT Miller.

#  38.) Center Ryan Kelly or if gone Nick Martin (Nick was compared to Alex Mack whom the Jaguars really wanted)
#  69.) CB Jonathan Jones, Auburn (proj 3-4th) 5'9", 186lbs, 4.29 40 yard at workout (4.33combine)

#103.) WILL/LEO/or MILB Nick Vigil, Utah State -maybe CB Will Redmond if he falls

#146.) MILB B.J. Goodson, Clemson 4.62 40 (same as Reggie Ragland), 30 Reps, 34 1/2" Vert, 6'1", 242 lbs {CBS projects 4-5 round pick could be Telvin steal)

#181.) SOLB/MILB Travis Feeney, Washington (proj 6 due to injury)  6'4", 230lbs, 4.41 40yd, 40"Vertical 10'10" Broad

#201.) SOLB De'Vondre Campbell, Minn (6-7th round) 6'4", 232lbs, 4.53 40, 2.71 20, 1.6410yd, 34"vert, 9'8" Broad

#231.) CB Brandon Williams, Texas A&M (7th-UFA) 5'11", 197lbs, 4.34 in 40, former RB switched to CB practice squad high potential

Notes:

Regarding 5th overall pick, it could go so many ways...

* If LT Tunsil is there at #5 for some weird reason he is the pick, along with Ryan or Nick at center in the 2nd completes the Offense which puts them in the Top 3 in the NFL come next year.

+ If Jalen Ramsey is there he is the pick, could happen as Peterson CB & S Eric Reed were picked 5th overall in previous drafts with similar hype.

====================

In this scenario you fill the SOLB & MILB slots without having to use 5th overall on a risky injured Myles Jack & get either Jalen Ramsey or Joey Bosa instead.. (which a CB & Pass rushing DE are more of a premium position than an OLB).

Jack and is not even close.

Quote:Updated 4/20/2016 Jaguars Draft

# 5.) * + LE Joey Bosa, Ohio State Jaguars want to focus on front 7 and take best Edge Rusher. Allowing Marks & Jackson on the inside next to NT Miller.
# 38.) Center Ryan Kelly or if gone Nick Martin (Nick was compared to Alex Mack whom the Jaguars really wanted)
# 69.) CB Jonathan Jones, Auburn (proj 3-4th) 5'9", 186lbs, 4.29 40 yard at workout (4.33combine)
#103.) WILL/LEO/or MILB Nick Vigil, Utah State -maybe CB Will Redmond if he falls
#146.) MILB B.J. Goodson, Clemson 4.62 40 (same as Reggie Ragland), 30 Reps, 34 1/2" Vert, 6'1", 242 lbs {CBS projects 4-5 round pick could be Telvin steal)
#181.) SOLB/MILB Travis Feeney, Washington (proj 6 due to injury) 6'4", 230lbs, 4.41 40yd, 40"Vertical 10'10" Broad
#201.) SOLB De'Vondre Campbell, Minn (6-7th round) 6'4", 232lbs, 4.53 40, 2.71 20, 1.6410yd, 34"vert, 9'8" Broad
#231.) CB Brandon Williams, Texas A&M (7th-UFA) 5'11", 197lbs, 4.34 in 40, former RB switched to CB practice squad high potential

Notes:

Regarding 5th overall pick, it could go so many ways...

* If LT Tunsil is there at #5 for some weird reason he is the pick, along with Ryan or Nick at center in the 2nd completes the Offense which puts them in the Top 3 in the NFL come next year.
+ If Jalen Ramsey is there he is the pick, could happen as Peterson CB & S Eric Reed were picked 5th overall in previous drafts with similar hype.

====================

In this scenario you fill the SOLB & MILB slots without having to use 5th overall on a risky injured Myles Jack & get either Jalen Ramsey or Joey Bosa instead.. (which a CB & Pass rushing DE are more of a premium position than an OLB).

4 linebackers in a row?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 11:29 AM by Haterade.)

Ramsey simply because there's no health question. He's a more athletic Aqib Talib

I think I saw either Kiper or Mcshay mock draft.. Had Myles Jack falling to pick 17..
Shock the world

No chance of Jack falling that far. Jack's saying that the knee is fine and he's been working out for teams. It's all smokescreen and I fully expect us to pick him at 5

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 02:36 PM by VisitingCobra.)

Quote:No chance of Jack falling that far. Jack's saying that the knee is fine and he's been working out for teams. It's all smokescreen and I fully expect us to pick him at 5

On the radio about an hour ago, Pete Prisco (who I believe has said Jack is the best player in the draft) said he thinks the concerns for his knee are real.  And that he's likely to have only a 7-8 year career.

Quote:On the radio about an hour ago, Pete Prisco (who I believe has said Jack is the best player in the draft) said he thinks the concerns for his knee are real. And that he's likely to have only a 7-8 year career.

The average 1st rounder has a career of 9 years.

Quote:On the radio about an hour ago, Pete Prisco (who I believe has said Jack is the best player in the draft) said he thinks the concerns for his knee are real.  And that he's likely to have only a 7-8 year career.

Since Gus & Dave flew to Cal. to personally work him out, i think if he's the pick we have zero concerns.  

Season Tix, Section 409