Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would who rather have at 5?
Myles Jack LB/S
Jalen Ramsey CB/S
No opinion/Corn/Who Cares
[Show Results]

Ramsey or Jack

Quote:On the radio about an hour ago, Pete Prisco (who I believe has said Jack is the best player in the draft) said he thinks the concerns for his knee are real.  And that he's likely to have only a 7-8 year career.
Also, the ortho Dr they bring on the radio every Thursday believes the reason he's not running is swelling in the knee still. Swelling in the knee is caused by arthritis. Arthritis is something that can flair up at any time due to over use. It could be a legit concern which could cause him to miss practices and games..... I guess if they pass on him, we'll know for sure, obvs. But, he said the injury he had he should MORE than be back from by now, unless it's arthritic. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"We listen to our doctors," Reese said. "If our doctors say the risk is too high, we don't take them. It's like school. F is bad and A is good. If it's a C, there's some risk. If there's a D, there's a lot of risk, and if it's an F, we're not going to take them. It's hard for us to take a D. We rarely take a D." - ESPN

In Todd McShay's most recent mock draft,

he's dropped UCLA linebacker Myles Jack all the way down to the No. 17 pick,

because of the thought that some teams will downgrade Jack due to his knee injury.

PFF thinks that the Jaguars should trade up to Ramsey (and you all are acting like Jack goes over him at #5).

Jacksonville Jaguars: 5th overall
It’s not all about the quarterbacks as the Chargers stand to select the best non-QB in the draft and that should warrant interest from a number of teams in the top 10. This may be the most likely option for both the Jaguars and the Chargers. Among the top non-QBs it the draft – Joey Bosa, DeForest Buckner, Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, and Laremy Tunsil – Ramsey is the best fit for the Jaguars, capable of playing as a cornerback in their scheme with a floor of playing a slot/free safety hybrid as a movable defensive chess piece.

The rest of the elite prospects would upgrade the Jaguars roster, but nothing like what Ramsey could do for that defense. The Jaguars should not risk losing out on Ramsey to either the Chargers or the Cowboys, both of which are distinct possibilities. As for the Chargers, Buckner is their best fit and a drop to No. 5 should still allow them to get their man if the Jaguars take Ramsey and the Cowboys would likely take Bosa, not Buckner, in that scenario. The cost to move for two picks should not be too steep for Jacksonville, making this perhaps the most realistic trade scenario for the No. 3 pick

Jack... Time for Poz to ride off in the sun..

I'm really starting to think that Jack might not be the best fit. He seems to fill a position in need but he might not see his second contract. I would rather want Ramsey because he is healthy and if he drops to 5 which is more likely because of the trades, that would be a steal for us. If Jack falls which he might, you could trade up for him. 

Quote:Jack... Time for Poz to ride off in the sun..
This.  Caldwell even said that if we got Jack he'd be out there day 1 in our Nickel packages, which is the majority of what we are in.  But if Sample is not working out as planned I can see Jack in at SS and Poz out there at MLB in our 4-3 packages.

I say Ramsey.  Jack's knee scares me

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Where was the option for both? People would of destroyed the OP if that option was available. Dave is a Genius! When Dave took Jack in the 2nd, that was a mic drop moment if have ever seen one!

Haha what a stupid poll

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016, 11:20 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

[Image: i6vyvzk2amvgjarcollf.gif]

What about both

Yeah, there's no both option...and Dave is laughing at you since you made it an either or poll.

Mind still blown right now.....Both option update still under construction 

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Very few people on this message board or even other NFL Team message boards would've figured that the jaguars would draft both!

Quote:Jalen Ramsey will be drafted before Myles Jack IMO it wont matter what the poll thinks unless GM Dave Caldwell is willing to trade up to get Jalen.

I dont even really understand how people could see Myles Jack as better than Ramsey?

I never thought that both the Chargers & Cowboys would've passed on Jalen Ramsey.. while Bosa & Elliott might turn out to be Pro Bowl players (I think Jalen Ramsey has the best potential of being a future Hall Of Fame player)!

and guess what?????

He's a JAG!

AWESOME SAUCE!

[Image: 1238895886504840879.jpg]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

This is fun to look at now haha Smile)))))

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Think about this for a second folks. Jerry Jones let both Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack walk past him in this draft.

Jerry freakin' Jones could have had both!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Still cant believe we got these 2.  The 2 best athletes in the draft, 2 elite, and 2 of the top 3 or 4 players in the draft.  2 of the 3 guys we wanted in the 1st.  Crazy.  This defense has the potential to be great with Fowler coming back and our FA additions.  Was like a dream come true draft.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2016, 10:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)