Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are we built to win now?

Assuming we get a CB, DE, and a LB early in the draft.

I'm pretty sure we have enough picks to get a center and go BAP after that.

Are we built to win now or do I need to be cautious with my excitement?

Thoughts

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Thoughts

I think Oreos are an overrated snack item.

Quote:Assuming we get a CB, DE, and a LB early in the draft.

Thoughts

Clearly Khan and Dave don't think the team is ready or they would have gotten a real head coach. Until the seat warmer is replaced the team isn't ready for real success.

Quote:I think Oreos are an overrated snack item.

Seconded.

Quote:Assuming we get a CB, DE, and a LB early in the draft.

Thoughts

I don't consider us built to win now. I think we're at the stage where our window to make a run is just opening with our young core maturing into their 2nd-3rd years.

I like Oreos but not the double stuffed ones.

I like Gus too, he's looking double stuffed lately.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We are still missing a center or a guard. As much as we need help in the front 7 and at corner we need just as much help at center.

Quote:We are still missing a center or a guard. As much as we need help in the front 7 and at corner we need just as much help at center.

I think this is a major need that isn't talked about as much. Moving Joeckel inside to guard is a flawed plan. This offense has loads of potential but the interior o-line is a ?

Win the SB? No.

Win the division and a game in the playoffs? I honestly think so.

Orenos

Our offense should be top 10, our defense should be very improved. I would be upset and disappointed if we didn't get at least 8 wins.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2016, 01:04 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:I don't consider us built to win now. I think we're at the stage where our window to make a run is just opening with our young core maturing into their 2nd-3rd years.
pretty much agree...I think we are built to the point of being good, but just not quite good enough to appease most fans...we will have to see what manifests on the field before we can even try to guess what Mr. Khan might think

Quote:Clearly Khan and Dave don't think the team is ready or they would have gotten a real head coach. Until the seat warmer is replaced the team isn't ready for real success.
So their intentions is to have a person they think is a bad coach develop their team.

Pretty stupid assertion.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"We had a team meeting when we initially started training camp and we talked, our objective is to build a team that owns the AFC South.  And that means year-in and year-out, we're owning the AFC and the South division."

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"This year, we built the team. It's built and it's time"

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I think you're wrong.

Quote:I think you're wrong.
See that title in red below my avatar? That means I can do things to your member profile. With that in mind, would you like to reconsider your opinion?

Your overrated

Quote:

"We had a team meeting when we initially started training camp and we talked, our objective is to build a team that owns the AFC South. And that means year-in and year-out, we're owning the AFC and the South division."

"This year, we built the team. It's built and it's time"

Who said this

Quote:Who said this

Gus last year, speaking about what he and Caldwell expected from the team.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d80f1221b...rebuilding

You seriously don't remember all the "It's built" quips over the course of the last year?  That's where it was born.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:So their intentions is to have a person they think is a bad coach develop their team.

Pretty stupid assertion.

Gus can keep the players happy no matter what. He is the ideal coach of a team that has no chance of winning. Now it's time for a coach who puts winning as the top priority.

There's no excuse for 5-11 vs. last season's schedule where over half the games were against QBs who were backups, former career backups who recently became starters for lack of a real franchise QB, or rookies. That includes all six games against our division opponents.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"