Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which RB would you take between these two?

<b>Joe Mixon, Oklahoma - </b>

OR

<b>Leonard Fournette, LSU - </b>

I am leaning towards Mixon even with his off field problems... Kid is fast and he can catch... Fournette reminds me of Eddie George a bruiser that can block. Mixon is a speedy back that can catch... 

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM by Ronster.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leu4jnkWaQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MKKnCz8OSc

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:I am leaning towards Mixon even with his off field problems... 

I'd love to see your choice if Mixon punched your wife or sister in the face.

Quote:I'd love to see your choice if Mixon punched your wife or sister in the face.

I would beat him like a red headed step child. With that being said, people mess up and make mistakes..Maybe he learns from it,  maybe he ends up like Manziel. One thing for sure, the kid can play..

Quote:I would beat him like a red headed step child. With that being said, people mess up and make mistakes..Maybe he learns from it,  maybe he ends up like Manziel. One thing for sure, the kid can play..

"Damn, baby, I'm sorry.  I just accidentally knocked out three of your teeth.  I'll try not to do it next time!"

Mixon has a second gear Noone else does.

But there's no way TC takes him.

No way

Quote:Mixon has a second gear Noone else does.
But there's no way TC takes him.
No way
Yeah, He'll go the Bengals with Marvin Lewis and be a pro bowler.

Fournette

For every one guy like this who turns their behavior around, there are 3 others who continue to get into trouble or at least provide distractions in the locker room. Probably the best move that T.C. ever made was when he took Boselli over Lawrence Phillips. According to several reports, Phillips was his 1st choice until very close before the draft. Do you think he's glad he passed on Phillips? No way he takes Mixon. I don't care if he's a combination of Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. I do hope this kid never has any more incidents like this and learns from his mistakes. Just not as a member of the Jaguars- too much risk!

Look.

That video ruined his career?

Wrong...HE ruined his career.

He is a violent abusive woman beater.

And I would be furious if we draft him.

I hope he goes un drafted I'd like to see him punch malik Jackson or Sen marks like that.

[BLEEP]

Said it in another thread.

The easiest thing in the world is saying you'd take Mixon when you are not the one putting his job (and reputation) on the line by doing it. 

;

;

Quote:Said it in another thread.

The easiest thing in the world is saying you'd take Mixon when you are not the one putting his job (and reputation) on the line by doing it. 
Is it putting your job more on the line to take the less talented RB top 5, or the more talented but with baggage RB in the 2nd round? I don't think the answer is cut and dry.

Gross...

I'm anti either of this guys....

so much like most Novembers, I'll refrain from voting

and just complain a lot.

LF isn't worth the #4 overall selection.

Mixon is a personal issue with me... I just don't think the kid has a good head on his shoulders with his whole incident KO'ing some girl.

If we could snag Mixon in the 4th or later I'd be better with it than spending a first on LF.

(If we go RB in round 1, I hope it's in a trade down scenario and we can get Cook TBH... but I'm much more of a 3rd or 4th round RB guy)

He is going to be drafted by some happy team

I think it's a good chance Mixons issues and attitude will get worse once he becomes a millionaire.

Was just going to start this thread.

LF, in my eyes, is the superior back for the NFL. He's big, fast, and violent. In today's game where tackling is poor, LF's traits make him that much better. He adds a dimension to the offense we haven't had in a while.

Mixon, IMO, is faster and has more wiggle. I think he'll be a good NFL back.

With all that said I wouldn't take either of them at 4. LF I would love a trade down for him. Mixon's value is probably a first round talent but his off field issues make him a round 2/3 player. I wouldn't take him in the 2nd, 3rd would be good for me.

All this is for nothing though if we don't get better along the offensive line. It's imperative we get a mauler at guard and a quality tackle to replace Parnell should his play slip again.

Quote:I would beat him like a red headed step child. With that being said, people mess up and make mistakes..Maybe he learns from it,  maybe he ends up like Manziel. One thing for sure, the kid can play..

Obviously you haven't read other posts about this guy. He remains largely unapologetic and acts like people should just get over it. I have yet to see any remorse from him. Still want him?

Quote:He is going to be drafted by some happy team

And I'm pretty sure they will eventually regret it. He's gonna be an immediate P.R. nightmare and I have a strong gut feeling his off the field issues are far from over.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2017, 01:38 PM by wg171.)

I'd choose Mixon. He is MJD's #1 rated RB and should allow the team to take another position with their first pick

I expect he will be a PR problem initially but winning is what fills the seats

Quote:<b>Joe Mixon, Oklahoma - </b>

OR

<b>Leonard Fournette, LSU - </b>

I am leaning towards Mixon even with his off field problems... Kid is fast and he can catch... Fournette reminds me of Eddie George a bruiser that can block. Mixon is a speedy back that can catch... 

depends where. ive stated plenty of times something like solomon thomas or jon allen rd 1 and then mixon anywhere else is better than fournette rd1 with a lesser DT in rd 2. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."