Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If you could add 1 previous player...

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2016, 04:20 PM by JagFanatic24.)

If you could have any Previous Jaguar...1 offensive player and 1 defensive player, who would you take and why?

Treat it as if your a GM and you still have the draft coming up and include the players we just signed.

Your goal would be to fill out the roster to make a Super Bowl run.

I would go with Fred Taylor on offense. (Boselli was hard to pass over with the Joke at LT). Went with Taylor because he could simply take a game over and score at any time.

On defense I would go with Tony Brackens. (Almost picked DD). Because he would be the king at LEO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maurice...Jones...DREEEEEWWWW

MJD

Boselli

Brackens

Will their careers pan out in a similar fashion? Fred had some problems staying on the field but he has about two more seasons worth of games played over MJD who was relatively consistent.

I'd probably take MJD, but not by much

On defense give me Rashean Mathis and I'll continue my search for a pass rusher.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Brackens would be a beast at the LEO and Darius playing that Chancellor-role would be tempting.

I'd go with

Offense - Fred Taylor

Defense - Tony Brackens

Fred Taylor

d. Darius 

Pretty simple for me 

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Brackens and boselli

Quote:Maurice...Jones...DREEEEEWWWW

Honest, respectable, question oface5446....

What year did you start watching the Jags play or became a fan? 

I would like to know if this is relative to the "newer" jag fans across the country. This, and your fondness of our helmet scheme. 

Fred Taylor and Brackens.... hands down. 

Offense - Honestly if we are going with who we have on the team now and with the upcoming draft our biggest hole is Center. So none other than Mr. Brad Meester. We need a solid reliable center.

Defense - Same Logic, we need a shut down corner..it was hard but I have to go with him over Mathis,

Mr. Aaron Beasley.

Boselli and Brackens 

... and I don't know how anyone can come to any different conclusion. 

Good question.....

Boselli in his prime on offense for sure.

Gotta go Brackens on D.  He was such a big-play guy.

That's a very easy question. Boselli was dominant and the Jags situation at left tackle is still questionable.

On defense, Brackens by a mile.

The only guy I hated to leave off was Jimmy Smith. Imagine defenses trying to stop him, A. Rob, Hurns and Lee or Greene. Gerhart could probably run for a thousand yards with a receiving corps like this.

Quote:Boselli and Brackens 

... and I don't know how anyone can come to any different conclusion.

Two answers, Kelvin Beachum our new LT. Who's our true center on our team anymore? No one.

Second answer is two parts, Fowler Jr, and Joey Bosa. Tony who?

I dont see how people would prefer Brackens when we don't truly have a solidified secondary. I'd take Darius, Beasley, Mathis easily over Brackens being in our current situation.

Quote:I dont see how people would prefer Brackens when we don't truly have a solidified secondary. I'd take Darius, Beasley, Mathis easily over Brackens being in our current situation.
Would you take Talib and Harris over Ware and Miller?

Apples to oranges? Your comparison is not good.

My point was, we have a very good defensive line as it stands. Our secondary not so much.

So if you were to ask me using Jaguars players, would I prefer Darius over Brackens with the roster how it is today I'd still tell you yes. If we actually had playmakers on the back end it would stop QB's from abusing our corners/saftey's.

I want to change my picks to

Boselli and Brackens. Yeldon will do just fine behind Linder, Cann, and Boselli and Parnell.

Offense: Tony Boselli

Defense: Tony Brackens
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>