Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Edge rushers in 2016 draft

Any sleepers that have caught anyone's eye? For me it's Matt Judon, stats are off the chart and tested out very well at the combine. I've only seen 1 game tape and he definitely looks the part. Another guy I like who's not really a sleeper but it's possible he makes it to the 2nd is Dodd of Clemson, pretty impressive tape even though he's only had 1 really good season.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Charles Tapper who lit up the combine and Alex McCalister who might have the best bend out of everyone in this year's draft.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It sure is going to be interesting to see what Dave does in terms of pass rushers. I do think we are in a position to take a chance on Noah Spence in the second round. Unless of course he's a total jerk and obviously we wouldn't want that in the locker room.

I'm also interested in Tapper and Mcallister for late rounds.
Shock the world

Quote:Charles Tapper who lit up the combine and Alex McCalister who might have the best bend out of everyone in this year's draft.

I predict the Jags will draft at least two edge rushers, one in Round 1 or 2, and another in Rounds 3-5. I also think Dave will make a play for a veteran via trade. All the panic among the sports writing community shows why they're writers, not front office material. Not saying the edge rusher roster will be exceptional, but it'll look more promising than last year's once the dust settles. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Correa is a big sleeper in the 38 range. Could go even earlier.

I'm praying we find some steal of a pass rusher like we found Hurns as a receiver.
Shock the world

Quote:Correa is a big sleeper in the 38 range. Could go even earlier.

He'll go first round. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I keep seeing how Correa has impressed people but he is still a 6'3" 243 lb DE with little 3-4 experience.

He will get overdrafted because of his 12 sacks in 2014, not his 7 sacks in 2015.

Personally, I think he is a high 3rd rd talent, and could see the Jags interest in him at 69 but at 38, I would rather have Jonathan Bullock to Correa everytime.

I'm thinking Spence,Floyd,Shaq Lawson or Ogbah with the 2nd round pick and maybe take a flier on Victor Ochi in the 5th.

Quote:I keep seeing how Correa has impressed people but he is still a 6'3" 243 lb DE with little 3-4 experience.

He will get overdrafted because of his 12 sacks in 2014, not his 7 sacks in 2015.

Personally, I think he is a high 3rd rd talent, and could see the Jags interest in him at 69 but at 38, I would rather have Jonathan Bullock to Correa everytime.
That's pretty darn solid LEO size to me, maybe add 10 lbs. The biggest problem for Correa is his trex arms...they are Melvin Ingramesque. I thought he was a very strong 1st round probability until the combine measurables. Probably pretty 50/50 now. 

His cutups are awesome though. I think he could adjust to be a very good LEO prospect. 

I think that Correa could be a good Leo pass rusher, but he is not that quick and once the OLT grabs him, he is done.

And at this stage of free agency, you've got to think that any of those players is a better bet than the few remaining DEs on the market.

Quote:And at this stage of free agency, you've got to think that any of those players is a better bet than the few remaining DEs on the market.

I really wouldn't be too upset if we took a flyer on somebody like Long or Werner if the price was decent.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

You know, I think Bjoern Werner could be an interesting player. I think he is a 3 to 5 sack per year guy at the Leo spot. If he took a 2 to 3 Mil contract he could surprise people.

Ochi.

You gotta be creative with him, but I love how violent and heavy he is.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Lawson is my new rusher i like lol. He has the production, leo build, jumps of the screen when you watch him and the athleticism.

I hope they grab 2 edge rushers in the draft, especially for what the good veteran rushers are now getting in free agency.

Quote:Charles Tapper who lit up the combine and Alex McCalister who might have the best bend out of everyone in this year's draft.

McCalister is my guy, if he is there in the 4th/5th then I hope Dave gets him.

His game was built for the LEO spot.

Quote:Lawson is my new rusher i like lol. He has the production, leo build, jumps of the screen when you watch him and the athleticism.
Yeah but we'd have to take him at 5.

I know we need Leos but i cant see us just rolling with pretty much 3 rookies. I could see 2 but 3 idk