Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think we have to draft Bosa or Buckner now.

We have three pass rushers, one who is essentially a rookie coming off a torn ACL, the other two are more situational. The position is so thin, it's alarming.

Ramsey and the CB from Florida might be good, but those positions aren't as thin as LEO.

We are going to have to take a pass rusher with the first pick, and probably take at least one more DE in the draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 09:26 PM by Adub28.)

After free agency so far I'd say Buckner is the last guy we need to pick, Bosa or Jack is the pick imo. I wouldnt be opposed to move up into the back half of the first round for a guy like Floyd or Ogbah if they slip.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Not Buckner.

I wonder if there is any chance that Dodd falls to the back of the 1st?  He is my favorite pass rusher behind Bosa

Noah spence

I hope they get an offer from a quarterback-needy team to move back and get an extra 2nd rounder. If they trust Spence to stay clean, he could end up a better pass-rusher than Bosa. They could then take an offensive lineman and OTTO in the 2nd. If they don't get a trade offer, the pick has to be Bosa or Jack. Either would be a good choice, but I think Jack is the better player. They could still get a pretty good pass rusher in the 2nd.

Yeah not landing Vernon or Ayers kind of tied our hands.

Second round also an option IMO

Myles is just better, rather not make a lesser pick just for need.

Myles Jack or Ramsey still. Any chance dave knows this is the year we need to take the next step and trades up for the guy he loves? Boss also my favorite guys tape to watch.

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

We can't reach on a position. That's how we get players like Blaine Gabbert or Tyson Alualu. Take the best player it's not like we are exactly rich with depth other than maybe WR.

So my pick is Jack.

Maybe they love Noah Spence after coaching him at the Senior Bowl and are confident that they can get either him or Bosa in the first round and come back in the 2nd for Ogbah, Dodd, Floyd, etc.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Second round also an option IMO
Yea, I think it's Bosa, Jack or Ramsey still. Bosa and Jack leading though.

If you take Jack, hope one of Lawson, Ogbah or Spence is in the 2nd round maybe.

Most likely Jack or Bosa. Malik and Buckner play the same position

Buckner makes absolutely zero sense now with Malik, Marks, and Odrick all in here at 3T/5T.

Quote:Not Buckner.
I don't want Buckner either

Buckner duplicates a lot of what Malik, Jared, and Tyson bring to the table so I don't think they go that route. I think they will feel that Bosa can line up at LEO and other spots that they'd still consider him. He's still #1 on Jags board, IMO. I think Myles Jack does climb a bit with the sudden depth in the secondary. That said, Prince is on a one-year deal so it's not like he's reason not to take Ramsey if he's the best one there. 

On the surface, I think signing Gipson might signal not having interest in Jalen, but I believe otherwise as having a center fielder like Gipson actually allows us to fully utilize Ramsey's talents. 

We can line him up outside against a big corner and slide either Prince/Aaron at nickel.

We can have House and Prince/Aaron outside and use Jalen at nickel either to cover or blitz.

With Aaron being a good blitzer also, I think it really allows us to move Jalen/Colvin around if we want to send a corner blitz. Let's say its an obvious passing down (let's go 3rd and 12 + which i believe is the stat that the Texans used on that article saying we never blitzed in that down/distance).

Our front four can have our lightning package (however you want to shake up this rotation). Prince and House cover the two outside WRs. Colvin and Ramsey inside with Telvin as the sole LB. Gipson and Cyp are our regular starting FS/SS. It looks like a pretty traditional dime look. But with this personnel, we can send Colvin or Jalen on a blitz. We can send them both. We can send Cyp on a blitz and drop Jalen back (basically they flip flop). Or we can send them both while Colvin covers. 

This lineup would have tremendous speed to rush, cover, and blitz from different positions (Telvin at LB). And if they decide to throw a quick pass or draw/screen, Colvin/Ramsey/Cyp are big enough hitters to prevent that. Factor in that they said to be moving Fowler and Malik around and we can really create a lot of confusion for the offense.

Of course, similar possibilities exists with Myles also

I'm still uncomfortable with Ramsey. He didn't have a great year at FSU last season.

Quote:I'm still uncomfortable with Ramsey. He didn't have a great year at FSU last season.

Is he a CB or FS depending on what teams think. Hard to value a FS as high as a CB

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 01:10 AM by Eric1.)

Quote:Is he a CB or FS depending on what teams think. Hard to value a FS as high as a CB
That's the thing, where do you think he projects best at. Safety? CB? Both? Use him all over in the Secondary? Inside and outside at CB, FS, with a little bit of SS as well maybe. He can play up, around and in the box. He can blitz from S or nickel CB.

He's a very interesting prospect. I like him best as a Safety, but there's a lot of people who like him best as a CB. It never hurts to have a guy who could possibly excel in both areas, if need be.