Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We can take a week off now.

I'm happy with Malik, Taj, Ivory, and Nortman.  We can stop now and focus on the draft and some second tier players (Zach Brown)  No more big deals though please.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm happy with Malik, Taj, Ivory, and Nortman. We can stop now and focus on the draft and some second tier players (Zach Brown) No more big deals though please.

Three Pro Bowlers and a punter, not bad. Totally agree with Zach Brown, could be a stud at the OTTO spot.

Quote:Three Pro Bowlers and a punter, not bad. Totally agree with Zach Brown, could be a stud at the OTTO spot.
2 Pro Bowlers. Malik didn't make it.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 08:19 PM by realtorpat.)

Quote:Three Pro Bowlers and a punter, not bad. Totally agree with Zach Brown, could be a stud at the OTTO spot.
I like his Speed at LB, the only players left that somewhat interest me are Zach, Prince Amuk....., and Casey Hayward.  But I'm okay with waiting a couple days with the hope of paying them less.

Edit: adding Patrick Robinson to the list of corners I wouldn't mind 

Go Jags!

All are young with plenty of football in front of them.  

I think we still need another pass rusher (Robert Ayers), an offensive lineman (Jeff Allen) and a cornerback (Sean Smith) before we can slow down. Other teams have a lot of money and we have many holes on this team.

Quote:I think we still need another pass rusher (Robert Ayers), an offensive lineman (Jeff Allen) and a cornerback (Sean Smith) before we can slow down. Other teams have a lot of money and we have many holes on this team.

Allen is goneski

Highly doubt Caldwell is done. I bet we sign 2 more players today.

Quote:I think we still need another pass rusher (Robert Ayers), an offensive lineman (Jeff Allen) and a cornerback (Sean Smith) before we can slow down. Other teams have a lot of money and we have many holes on this team.

I'm not a big fan of Ayers, apparently Allen is gone.  I like Sean Smith but I don't want to pay him what he is going to command and would rather go after a guy like Patrick Robinson, Casey Hayward, or Prince Amuka....

Go Jags!

Quote:I'm not a big fan of Ayers, apparently Allen is gone.  I like Sean Smith but I don't want to pay him what he is going to command and would rather go after a guy like Patrick Robinson, Casey Hayward, or Prince Amuka....

It looks like Sean Smith is off the market.    Casey Hayward probably will get the best contract of the other CBs you mentioned but none likely will get what Smith agreed to with the Raiders.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707911197069352960

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport<span>Verified account </span>‏@<b>RapSheet</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707911197069352960' title="4:49 AM - 10 Mar 2016">5h5 hours ago</a>
</div>

<p class="">The <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash'>#<b>Raiders</b></a> and CB Sean Smith agreed to a 4-year deal worth $40M, source said, with $20M guaranteed

Quote: 

It looks like Sean Smith is off the market.    Casey Hayward probably will get the best contract of the other CBs you mentioned but none likely will get what Smith agreed to with the Raiders.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707911197069352960

<div>
<div>Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@<b>RapSheet</b> 5h5 hours ago
</div>

The #<b>Raiders</b> and CB Sean Smith agreed to a 4-year deal worth $40M, source said, with $20M guaranteed

</div>

I think you will be correct on that assumption. 

Go Jags!

meeting with Prince tomorrow.

Go Jags!

Quote:meeting with Prince tomorrow.

I believe this is Prince's first FA visit. 

Quote:  I believe this is Prince's first FA visit. 

Ya I haven't seen him come up anywhere else, I think I would prefer Patrick Robinson more.  My Giants friend complains a ton about him in ways many around here complain about Gratz.  If I was picking I would probably go Patrick Robinson > Casey Hayward > Prince Amuka....  although I don't watch enough of any of them to know how accurate my assessment is

Go Jags!

Quote:Ya I haven't seen him come up anywhere else, I think I would prefer Patrick Robinson more.  My Giants friend complains a ton about him in ways many around here complain about Gratz.  If I was picking I would probably go Patrick Robinson > Casey Hayward > Prince Amuka....  although I don't watch enough of any of them to know how accurate my assessment is

Of the 3 CBs,  I like Casey Hayward the best.   As someone who watches around 10 Packers games a season,  my impression of Hayward is he has versatile CB skills and is consistent.   Sam Shields is a more flashy/ speedier type of CB but he's not as consistent as Hayward seems to be.   If a team is looking for a versatile # 2 CB,  Hayward is a very good option.

Hayward is only 26, fitting the FA age that Dave appears to targeting.  I was surprised that Amukamara is still only 26 also.  

Quote:Hayward is only 26, fitting the FA age that Dave appears to targeting.  I was surprised that Amukamara is still only 26 also.  

ya Robinson is 28 so probably more towards the younger guys I'm guessing.  I wouldn't mind any of them.

Go Jags!

Amukamara isn't used right from what I gather in NYG. It's not about talent but injury problems. Him and Heyward are at the top for me followed by Robinson.

Quote:Amukamara isn't used right from what I gather in NYG. It's not about talent but injury problems. Him and Heyward are at the top for me followed by Robinson.

No one else on the FA list intrigues me as far as DBs go,  I still like Zach Brown otherwise FA is pretty much over as far as I'm concerned.

Go Jags!

Quote:No one else on the FA list intrigues me as far as DBs go, I still like Zach Brown otherwise FA is pretty much over as far as I'm concerned.

Lot of very solid players left...