Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Irvin to Raiders

Sorry guys and gals. Happens. The sky is not falling we still have Jackson could have Vernon. A long Free Agency to go.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Still got the draft too

More reason to go after Vernon. The draft is the best way to find talent. Glad he's going to a team we normally do not play.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 10:19 PM by Kotite.)

The side by side comparison of Mark Davis and Shad Khan is all you need to call this a foolish move. Curious to hear the numbers. They must have really overshot. JDR better not [BLEEP] this up.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Not that big of a lost tbh. As long as we get Vernon I'm fine. Irvin would have been a cherry on top type of pickup for me.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

This is disappointing, but in reality I would rather see them sign Vernon. Just offer him what he can't refuse. Then go after one more elite player in the secondary- preferably Jenkins or Sean Smith. It should be easier to land one of the guards for a reasonable price and Ivory won't cost that much. If that happens, the Jags will have added two impactful defensive linemen, a starting cornerback and starting guard. The draft plan would be to hopefully find their starting safety and OTTO in the first 2 rounds. Ideally, Ramsay will be their in the first, but a combination of Jack and Karl Joseph wouldn't be too shabby either. Their horrible defense of 2015 would be replaced by:

Fowler/ Jackson/Miller/Vernon with Marks, Jones, Davis and Alualu in the rotation

Jack, Poz and Telvin Smith

Joseph and Cyprien/Sample

Jenkins and House with Colvin at the nickel

This would be 6 significant upgrades from last year which should place the defense in the top 10-15.

This kinda stinks. If we get Vernon then great, but if we just end up with Jackson this is going to be an extremely disappointing free agency period. 

I was wanting Janoris Jenkins from the Rams since Trumaine got tagged and he fired his agent and didn't like the offer the Rams were giving him, but now it appears they're offering him more money and he's going to stay. 

Really hope we get Vernon or this is going to suck. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:This is disappointing, but in reality I would rather see them sign Vernon. Just offer him what he can't refuse. Then go after one more elite player in the secondary- preferably Jenkins or Sean Smith. It should be easier to land one of the guards for a reasonable price and Ivory won't cost that much. If that happens, the Jags will have added two impactful defensive linemen, a starting cornerback and starting guard. The draft plan would be to hopefully find their starting safety and OTTO in the first 2 rounds. Ideally, Ramsay will be their in the first, but a combination of Jack and Karl Joseph wouldn't be too shabby either. Their horrible defense of 2015 would be replaced by:

Fowler/ Jackson/Miller/Vernon with Marks, Jones, Davis and Alualu in the rotation

Jack, Poz and Telvin Smith

Joseph and Cyprien/Sample

Jenkins and House with Colvin at the nickel

This would be 6 significant upgrades from last year which should place the defense in the top 10-15.

Odrick
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Odrick

Why do people like him? He was extremely underwhelming last year. 

Quote:Why do people like him? He was extremely underwhelming last year.

He was good at times. He's a good rotation player.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:He was good at times. He's a good rotation player.

So basically he's going to be the guy that comes in less now with better pieces around him thus hopefully making him better as well right? 

Quote:So basically he's going to be the guy that comes in less now with better pieces around him thus hopefully making him better as well right?

I hope so. That's one of the benefits of having a deep rotation of DL.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Damn you JDR.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 10:22 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Sorry guys and gals. Happens. The sky is not falling we still have Jackson could have Vernon. A long Free Agency to go.

JDR is turning into Will Muschamp !!

Quote:Why do people like him? He was extremely underwhelming last year. 

Not to mention, when they put him on the scoreboard to hype people up, he is really frightening.

But what about Irving?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:But what about Irving?

You aren't going to let that go anytime soon, are you?  Confusedweat:

Here you go!

[Image: giphy.gif]

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon