Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning's Stats

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 10:30 AM by C'MON JAGS.)

I figured Peyton Manning's stats deserve a thread all to their own, so here it is:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...nnPe00.htm

Wow, just wow. He made the playoffs 15 out of 17 seasons play, now that is pretty darn impressive.

He had just 2 losing seasons in his career.

Also, I was aware of the nickname "The Sheriff" for him, but I did not know he was also known as "The Caveman". I thought that was the guy who replaced him in Indy.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I figured Peyton Manning's stats deserve a thread all to their own, so here it is:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...nnPe00.htm

Wow, just wow. He made the playoffs 15 out of 17 seasons play, now that is pretty darn impressive.

He had just 2 losing seasons in his career.

Also, I was aware of the nickname "The Sheriff" for him, but I did not know he was also known as "The Caveman". I thought that was the guy who replaced him in Indy.

What?  Are they suggesting giving a QB credit for wins when everyone knows it's a team game? /sarcasm

Then there's this:

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts'>Blake Bortles Facts ‏@BortlesFacts </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/706505028366798848' title="10:41 AM - 6 Mar 2016">1h1 hour ago</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Peyton Manning retires holding the NFL records for most passing yards and touchdowns, but he never beat Blake Bortles.

Congrats Peyton.  There will be few as good in our lifetime.  Another will be retiring in the next few years.  Much easier to celebrate his retirement than watch your team try to beat him.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 01:38 PM by realtorpat.)

His stats are great,  but his postseason stats are not nearly as strong.  Never really elevated his game on the biggest stage.  His two super bowl wins came at the hands of a strong defense and running game.

Very good player I just don't think he played as good as he should have when it really mattered. 

also a personal preference I don't like how he played football, I share this sentiment with Marvin Harrison.  He played with constant fear of doing something wrong, or getting hit and that fear caused him to check down too many times and resulted in huge pick 6s like in the saints superbowl.

Marvin Harrison sticks out to me for one play where indy was down in the closing minutes and facing a 4th n 8 or similiar Marvin caught the ball 3 yards shy with a defender a couple yards from him and instead of fighting for the first he went down 2 yards before the first to avoid the hit... With the game on the line.

His non NFL arm in the last few years got a lot of players seriously hurt (Austin Collie).  Throwing late over the middle because it was his bread and butter.  I also don't like many of the rule changes him and his owner authored and got passed.  The NFL has catered way too much for this guy.  

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

His second ring absolved his post season record, IMO.

Like Marino having no rings, it would have been a bad way to go out with fewer rings than your little brother, who isn't nearly as good.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 01:56 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:His second ring absolved his post season record, IMO.

Like Marino having no rings, it would have been a bad way to go out with fewer rings than your little brother, who isn't nearly as good.
Being in a weak division for the forseeable future (NFCE), little brother Eli may still have a shot to get another ring and finish with more than Peyton. If the Giants can sneak into the playoffs, they could get hot at the right time just like the last two. You never know.

Anyway, glad Peyton is hanging it up before Brady. That allows both guys to get in the HOF at different times. They both deserve their own spotlight, not having to share acceptance at the same time.

This era is finally coming near it's end (Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers). The new Era is starting to be "ushered" in.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Having lived in New Orleans and watching Archie in the Dome and Peyton and Eli play HS football, it is the beginning of an end of an era.

I am glad he is hanging it up and not doing a one year deal with the Rams.

I am glad he is still walking.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:This era is finally coming near it's end (Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers). The new Era is starting to be "ushered" in.

I was thinking the same thing.

Just like "the greatest generation," unfortunately... I don't see a room full of people in waiting to take their place that can fill their shoes.

Out with a dozen, in with less than a hand full.  Interesting to see how it plays out.

Quote:His second ring absolved his post season record, IMO.

I dunno it's a team sport and sometimes you can have a HOF player on a team that simply stinks at almost every other position (See J.J. Watt DE).