Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monday is like April Fools in March!

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 10:25 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Yes Monday the day teams can discuss numbers and players play devils advocate.

The rumors that make us as fans hope to satisfy that need. Just for free agency to start and curl up in a ball.

But look at the bright side 31 other teams fans do it too!

And all us Pro football fans love it and like Pringles cant get enough.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If those FA wish lists are any indicator theres gonna be alot of jags fans curled up in disappointment

Quote:If those FA wish lists are any indicator theres gonna be alot of jags fans curled up in disappointment

There will be a lot of doom and gloom around here on March 10th for sure. 

Every message board on every team. Has a magical wish list. Not just Jacksonville.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Can't wait to see who they are talking to on Monday.

I dont think ive ever wanted the weekend to be over already on a Fri except this one lol

Most people were happy last year with the FA class we brought in.  I think this year will be the same. 

Is it Wednesday yet?

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016, 12:49 AM by wg171.)

I think there should be a lot of optimism. The Jags have the state of Florida, a lot of cap space, a week division and a dramatically improved offense.

This team is primed for the playoffs if they can improve the running game and improve a sieve for a defense. In my opinion adding a couple of free agents won't be enough to turn this team into a playoff contender. The defense simply needs more talent.

The team can and should be able to do better. If they can there is no reason this team cannot make the playoffs.

I may indeed be disappointed but I would rather be optimistic than pessimistic.

Ok so let me get this straight..

Wednesday is when we can OFFICIALLY sign players, but Monday we could see reports along the lines of "Jaguars and Bruce Irvin working together on a 4 year contract."
Shock the world

Please PLEASE PLEASE just remember that about 99% of the information that comes out from Monday through Wednesday is from Agents. And Agents' number one priority is to drive the demand for their player as high as humanly possible.

When you hear stuff like "team X really loves player Y" that is as close to a lie as you can get. Teams cannot openly express interest in a player under contract.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Please PLEASE PLEASE just remember that about 99% of the information that comes out from Monday through Wednesday is from Agents. And Agents' number one priority is to drive the demand for their player as high as humanly possible.

When you hear stuff like "team X really loves player Y" that is as close to a lie as you can get. Teams cannot openly express interest in a player under contract.
oh yeah they can. They just aren't supposed to

Quote:oh yeah they can. They just aren't supposed to

So then why would they let it get out to the press? It would be a bad thing for them to get busted via the press for expressing interest.

On the other hand, an Agent can actually benefit from the press, and it's in his interest to get his player mentioned as much as possible.

See the point in trying to make?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!