Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
IF Tunsil Drops to 5, Does Caldwell do it?

I know the Defense is in  need but this could happen.  A few experts have Ramsey #1 overall.   The Joke hasn't been exactly reliable on the left side.  Tunsil is a plug and play LT that would be an immediate upgrade.  By the time the draft turns around, the DE and Safety position could be upgraded.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If no trade option, why not?

Joeckel's contract is ending soon.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Depends. If Ramsey, Bosa, Jack, and Buckner are the players that go in the top 4 then he doesn't have a choice.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Also Ramsey is a titanic sized reach at #1. I hope the Titans do it tbh.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Yes.

The unspoken thing about Joekel is...

If we're ready to part ways, we've got to replace him.

And if you aren't willing to spend the pick or the money in FA for a top prospect/player, you're likely not to improve the position simply with "change."

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 09:29 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

Quote:I know the Defense is in need but this could happen. A few experts have Ramsey #1 overall. The Joke hasn't been exactly reliable on the left side. Tunsil is a plug and play LT that would be an immediate upgrade. By the time the draft turns around, the DE and Safety position could be upgraded.

Moot point. No way San Diego wouldn't take him in that scenario, but yeah he'd be a no brainer. Slide Joeckel to guard or even swing tackle for a year or trade him for a 3rd or 4th roundpick.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

No way SD would pass up Tunsil

Remember when joekel was a surefire plug and play LT?

Dave picking an LT twice in the top 5 in less than half a decade would be a fireable offense. 

Quote:Remember when joekel was a surefire plug and play LT?
this, Joeckel was just as good or better as a prospect

Quote:Dave picking an LT twice in the top 5 in less than half a decade would be a fireable offense. 

Not if one of the two hits.

Only if both fail.

Quote:Remember when joekel was a surefire plug and play LT?

My thoughts exactly.

It would be a wasted pick.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Scared.

Some are.

Flat out chicken [BLEEP] to find the best players.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 10:38 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Scared.

Some are.

Flat out chicken [BAD WORD REMOVED] to find the best players.
So you're guaranteeing he's a better player than some of the others available at positions of greater need?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Depends. If Ramsey, Bosa, Jack, and Buckner are the players that go in the top 4 then he doesn't have a choice.
There's no way Browns or Cowboys pass on Wentz so at least one of them will be there.  

Quote:I know the Defense is in  need but this could happen.  A few experts have Ramsey #1 overall.   The Joke hasn't been exactly reliable on the left side.  Tunsil is a plug and play LT that would be an immediate upgrade.  By the time the draft turns around, the DE and Safety position could be upgraded.

If Tunsil is still there, and Ramsey, Jack, Bosa, and Buckner are all gone, then I think Dave will look for a trade down, and failing that, will take Tunsil.  

And then he'll come out and say, "This was far and away the best remaining player, and I couldn't get someone to give me any decent value on a trade down, so I took him."  

I think if there's a substantial gap between Tunsil and the next best player, I don't think Dave will just pass over Tunsil and take someone else. 

No

We better not draft another freaking tackle in the top 5.

Tunsel is no Boselli
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:We better not draft another freaking tackle in the top 5.

Because... why?