Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Toy

I recently got a good deal on a Taurus PT-1911 .45 ACP.  I had some fun shooting a box of target rounds through it a couple of weeks ago at my friend's "gun range".  I was actually able to make a pretty good 8 round pattern on a target and was able to hit a golf ball from 15 yards with it.  I bought a couple of more boxes of target rounds as well as a box of hollow points to keep around the house.

One thing that I'm still getting used to is the heinie sights on it.  I may change them out for a different set of sights unless I get a little better with these current sights.

The gun is a little bit big as a carry weapon for my taste, but it does make a great home defense solution.  For carry, I'm looking at the Kimber Micro 9.  I had the opportunity to try one of those out, and I really like it.

So what do you carry or have for home defense?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was a little hesitant to click on this thread.

Have you seen my baseball?

Those sights are neat looking. Style wise they're up my alley.

I have a Sig Pro SP2022 .40

My wife carries a Ruger LCR 38 in her purse
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I have a couple..

One should definitely be at bottom of the St. Johns though..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I like the vertically stacked sights.  Might have to think about that for my carry tandem.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Those sights are neat looking. Style wise they're up my alley.

I have a Sig Pro SP2022 .40

My wife carries a Ruger LCR 38 in her purse

I don't know if I like the sights yet.  I'm kind of "old school" when it comes to that.

I've never shot a Sig of any kind.  How does it handle?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I like the vertically stacked sights.  Might have to think about that for my carry tandem.

It's a different thing for me, though while I think about it, in a defensive situation precise aiming isn't a key, it's about pointing.  I wasn't really looking for a .45, but the price was right and the original owner had maybe shot one box (50 rounds) through it.

I'm going to go out and pop off some more rounds tomorrow and test it out some more.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 03:25 PM by realtorpat.)

I have a Kimber 1911.  For home defense its too big to carry on my frame 

I have a Glock 23C cal I could carry but I don't 

A mossberg pumpaction shotgun

a Mossberg International 817

the bottom half of an ar15  

Also you shouldn't call it a toy, makes us other gun owners look bad and gets the lefties all up in arms.   Even if it is a high powered semiautomatic engineered killing machine thats fun to go pew pew with.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I have a shotgun in the bedroom and a 1911 .45 in the living room for the house. A rifle my step sister gave me that I haven't done anything with yet. She inherited it when her grandfather died and didn't want it. I think it's a 30.06. Now I gotta go look at it and refresh my memory. It's old, 1970's era IIRC. He took care of it though and shot it a couple of times a year for maintenance after he couldn't hunt anymore. I want to conceal carry but haven't found a piece that fits well enough in my hand that I can also carry. I have medium sized hands and long fingers and everything I've held so far in our price range is just too small. 

My husband has a couple of 9mm for conceal carry. What he's wearing clothing wise depends on which one he carries on any given day. He also has one for the house. 

We have something in every part of the house so we can grab it ASAP if there is a threat. Only once have I had to grab my shotgun and once I grabbed my .45. Both times were legit, especially the shotgun time. Thankfully nothing came of it.

Quote:I don't know if I like the sights yet.  I'm kind of "old school" when it comes to that.

I've never shot a Sig of any kind.  How does it handle?
Sigs are a great gun to shoot.  Buddy of mine as the SEAL version of the P226 in 40 cal.   Smooth as butter to shoot, but twice the cost of what I prefer.

I prefer Glocks.  My buddies refer to them as the iPhone of guns, and since I'm an iPhone guy, that explains my affection for Glock.  Personally, I just like the reliability.  Both of my carry options are Glocks, as is one of my home protection firearms.  Both the girls in the house are well versed on how to handle the Mossberg.  I'm pretty sure that just hearing someone rack that puppy would make most home invaders wet themselves.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I can slap fight like a sensei.

I carry an M&P Shield 9mm with XS sights and a crimson trace laser. I really like that Kimber in 9mm.

Wife has a S&W .38 airlight hammerless revolver with crimson trace grips.

I've got an M&P Full size 9mm, Sig P226 9mm from W Germany, and a handful of other novelty pistols.

For home defense? Nothing beats a Mossberg 500 (or Remington 870). Also have a couple of said pistols scattered around the home.

Rifles and shotguns are another story AR, .270, couple of .22s, couple 12 guages, grandpas old .410 and Goose gun.

Next on the list, AR10, AK47.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

The only gun I really want to add to my collection is a Kel-Tec PMR-30. I don't know what it is, but I've always wanted a .22 Mag semi-automatic pistol. Unfortunately, they are on back order at all the gun shops near me. 

Quote:I don't know if I like the sights yet. I'm kind of "old school" when it comes to that.

I've never shot a Sig of any kind. How does it handle?

Sigs are great. The SP2022 is an entry level model, you can pick one up for about $300 but they have the same quality and reputation you expect from Sig. Solid accuracy with the stock sights.

For the price, you can't go wrong. My Father-in-law is a Hernando County deputy and he uses a Sig for his carry.

I prefer them over Glock for sure. From a pure style standpoint, the Sig looks much sexier than any Glock. I also seem to be a better shot with them for whatever reason.

Stock photo of a SP2022

[Image: SP20221.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I would kill for a Mauser C96 or a Luger P08
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Everyday carry: Sig228 and CRKT

Handguns:

Colt 1911

Colt 357 python

Colt 22

Beretta 9mm

Shotguns:

Browning auto 5

Remington 870

Remington 887

Rifles :

Remington 30.06

Winchester 308

A couple of other weapons that were liberated and those stay in the safe. 

Quote:Sigs are great. The SP2022 is an entry level model, you can pick one up for about $300 but they have the same quality and reputation you expect from Sig. Solid accuracy with the stock sights.

For the price, you can't go wrong. My Father-in-law is a Hernando County deputy and he uses a Sig for his carry.

I prefer them over Glock for sure. From a pure style standpoint, the Sig looks much sexier than any Glock. I also seem to be a better shot with them for whatever reason.

Stock photo of a SP2022

[Image: SP20221.jpg]

Sig makes a great looking gun, and I haven't found one yet that I don't love to shoot, including this one. My best friend owns one of these models, and absolutely loves it.  It's in his carry rotation, and usually his go to if he's carrying a 40.  He also owns a P226, and a Mosquito, which is the gun we let the kids shoot when they first go to the range.

Everyday Carry:  Ruger LC9s

At home:   Winchester SXP Defender 12 Ga.

FN  FNS9

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2017, 08:41 PM by Sammy.)

Quote:Everyday Carry:  Ruger LC9s

At home:   Winchester SXP Defender 12 Ga.

FN  FNS9

I have an LC9 with viridian laser ... I'ts okay, I kind of consider it my throw around gun, which means it was cheap enough that I don't worry too much about taking care of it.

I still have my first ever hand gun. It's the only gun I've ever shot and I love that I can get it in lots of different colours.

I'm talking, of course, about the one and only Nerf SuperSoaker Scatterblast.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...