Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Mack has Voided his Contract

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 04:34 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

I liked Mack during the transition tag phase but who in the draft or FA would be the better fit at C?

Also if Cann is movedto C,  who is/are the G(s) most like that we should get to replace Zane via FA or the draft?

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Also if Cann is movedto C,  who is/are the G(s) most like that we should get to replace Zane via FA or the draft?
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...y-tracker/

Sort that list by position and go to G...FA guard is completely loaded with talent of all ages.

Quote:https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...y-tracker/

Sort that list by position and go to G...FA guard is completely loaded with talent of all ages.
Thanks.  Much appreciated.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

So what do we do if Linder and/or Cann just flat sucks at Center and now we're stuck with no one
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:So what do we do if Linder and/or Cann just flat sucks at Center and now we're stuck with no one
Draft a kid next year and be glad you didn't pay 10m a year for Mack.

Quote:So what do we do if Linder and/or Cann just flat sucks at Center and now we're stuck with no one

I've got news for you: playing center is easier than playing guard or tackle. I've heard interviews with multiple former NFL offensivle linemen say this. It's a non-premium position. I don't think we're going to overpay again like we attempted to do two years ago. Cann, Linder or somebody in the draft can do it if Bowanko can't. We'll need to sign another G to replace Beadles, especially if Linder or Cann move to C but I'm not on the Mack train.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I've got news for you: playing center is easier than playing guard or tackle. I've heard interviews with multiple former NFL offensivle linemen say this. It's a non-premium position. I don't think we're going to overpay again like we attempted to do two years ago. Cann, Linder or somebody in the draft can do it if Bowanko can't. We'll need to sign another G to replace Beadles, especially if Linder or Cann move to C but I'm not on the Mack train.

I disagree.  They are all difficult in their own respects and require their own specific skill sets.

Quote:I've got news for you: playing center is easier than playing guard or tackle. I've heard interviews with multiple former NFL offensivle linemen say this. It's a non-premium position. I don't think we're going to overpay again like we attempted to do two years ago. Cann, Linder or somebody in the draft can do it if Bowanko can't. We'll need to sign another G to replace Beadles, especially if Linder or Cann move to C but I'm not on the Mack train.

100% disagree.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

As I debated in the other thread where I said LT is less premium of a position than FS in today's NFL (because exotic pressure comes from from every angle instead of stud rusher vs stud protector all game like in the Boselli days), the opposite can be said for C. Diagnosing and making the line calls to protect the QB is getting harder and harder, and the C is the one that does that. It's not hard at all to find very smart people who will tell you center is the most important position on the offensive line right now.

If Dave is convinced that Cann or Linder is smart enough (I'm sure they're both talented enough physically) to do that, switching them over and having that position locked down for the foreseeable future with a young stud is a very valuable thing.