Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills Release Mario Williams

@RapSheet I'm told by a source Bills DE Mario Williams has been informed he's been released.

Does this mean some team can sign him immediately?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope so. Do it now!

Quote:@RapSheet I'm told by a source Bills DE Mario Williams has been informed he's been released.

Believe he can be signed now.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016, 01:50 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

Quote:Believe he can be signed now.

Lock him up by the end of the day.

What sort of contract would he be looking for?

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016, 01:54 PM by ATLjag.)

Yes, if released, he can be signed immediately.  

Demarcus Ware, at 31, the same age, signed a 3 year $30m deal with Denver.  I would assume a contract for Mario would be somewhere similar to this one.

Mario would probably sign with a winning team... but he would be perfect as a LEO.
No commercial messages in sigs

If we don't want Vernon, this is the guy we should be targeting. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Mario would be a sweet consolation if we don't get Vernon

Quote:@RapSheet I'm told by a source Bills DE Mario Williams has been informed he's been released.

Yes, some foolish team that likes old defensive ends with an arrow pointed sharply down can overpay him at this point.

Quote:Yes, some foolish team that likes old defensive ends with an arrow pointed sharply down can overpay him at this point.

Patriots will sign him. Championship!

I think Mario Williams would be a "smarter" signing than Olivier Vernon.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Yes, some foolish team that likes old defensive ends with an arrow pointed sharply down can overpay him at this point.

Only one season removed from 14.5 sacks. I think he has a year or two of high level play left.

I'm sure his best days are behind him, but I still think he has some gas in the tank. Strangely, I'm not too worried about last season if he was really dogging it at times in Buffalo's 3-4 instead just being ineffective.

Quote:Only one season removed from 14.5 sacks. I think he has a year or two of high level play left.
I agree with this.  His sack totals dropped in large part due to scheme.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yep, sign him now. Money isn't an issue. He will play anywhere for cash.

Quote:Yep, sign him now. Money isn't an issue. He will play anywhere for cash.
Right now, the Jaguars don't have to clear anything to sign him.

Other teams might.

Sign him now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm sure Williams is going to take a look around and check his options before signing with a new team 15 minutes after his release....a deal for Mario would probably cost half what it would cost to attempt to sign Vernon.  I'm sure Dave will kick the tires on this at the right time...

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Come on Dave do it. Add him and Irvin.

I want to live in a world where Mario Williams is on the Jacksonville roster at a reasonable price.

I don't ask for much, other than a new car every six months, my own private island, an open tab at seven bars of my choice and a 25,000 square foot home, but can I have this one thing?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!