Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills Release Mario Williams

Quote:I want to live in a world where Mario Williams is on the Jacksonville roster at a reasonable price.

I don't ask for much, other than a new car every six months, my own private island, an open tab at seven bars of my choice and a 25,000 square foot home, but can I have this one thing?!

You forgot the Victoria Secret/Playboy Bunny girlfriends.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dreaming of Mario, Irvin, Fowler pass rush. Somehow if we land Ramsey or Jack to boot. Wow.

Id take him for a nice deal, I believe he has a few years left in him as long as hes used correctly.

Apparently he was taking plays off in Buffalo?
Shock the world

Honest question, why would he want to come here? He's made a ton of money and like the other veteran FA's, will be chasing a ring. Forte and Weddle and Williams will all want to go to contenders.

Quote:You forgot the Victoria Secret/Playboy Bunny girlfriends.

Oh, I didn't forget. Not at all.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Honest question, why would he want to come here? He's made a ton of money and like the other veteran FA's, will be chasing a ring. Forte and Weddle and Williams will all want to go to contenders.

I feel like the win now thing should be thrown out of the window. Jacksonville is ready to win now and need defensive guys to really take the next step.

If we are getting really specific, then yeah he would choose Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Panthers, but we coming!
Shock the world

He sees potential of making the playoffs in a weak division, believes in our offense. Sees the potential of the D can be solid.

Quote:Honest question, why would he want to come here? He's made a ton of money and like the other veteran FA's, will be chasing a ring. Forte and Weddle and Williams will all want to go to contenders.

What I believe is a way to entice him is to provide him with an opportunity. Tell him this in order to get him to sign with your squad;

"Mario, you're going to be asked to do just one thing; get the Quarterback. I'm not going to sign you to a lot of guaranteed money, but I'll load that contract up with performance bumps for sacks. You get to rotate as much as you want in order to stay fresh, but your job is to get the Quarterback. This is your chance to show the staff in Buffalo that you are damned good at one thing, the one thing they didn't let you do."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

If thats the case, we won't sign anyone of worth.

I don't know I feel like we'll be signing chris clemons 2.0

A 3 year deal would be good for Mario Williams, he will be a much better version of Clemons 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I don't know I feel like we'll be signing chris clemons 2.0

I'm hoping it'd be more like Julius Peppers 2.0

I understand where you're coming from. You have to convince free agents that the Jaguars are in a position to start winning now. It'll go a long way if someone like Mario Williams buys in.

Oh, and getting an opportunity to show up his former team and JJ Watt twice a year

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We play the Bills this year too.

Mario, here's a mountain of money with no state income tax, a chance for revenge twice a year on a team that let you walk (Houston), a weak division with an emerging team, beautiful weather, and Gus Juice.   

After thinking about it, I'd rather look elsewhere instead of Williams. It's very tempting, but I like the idea of Vernon and Irvin, and then signing Jaye Howard. Williams scares me a little because of age, injury history, and questioned effort.
Shock the world

Quote:Mario, here's a mountain of money with no state income tax, a chance for revenge twice a year on a team that let you walk (Houston), a weak division with an emerging team, beautiful weather, and Gus Juice.   
He's not a spring chicken. His window is very similar to Ware from a few years ago. His situations is very different than lets say Vernons. Williams already has had 2 monster contracts with loads of money.

I agree we are up and coming but lets be honest here.... Patriots, Bengals, Steelers, and Broncos are all able to win now. We have won 5 games or less in how many seasons in a row? Our arrow is up but we are 3 years away from competing in the AFC championship game. Those 3 years are probably Marios window.

If we land Vernon and Irvin, that's one hell of a FA period tbh. Throw in Gipson and possibly Mack or someone like Brooks, I'd be exstatic. I wish they wouldn't have so many days between tag day and contract talk days lol

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Yep, sign him now. Money isn't an issue. He will play anywhere for cash.

I bet you loooved the Hugh Douglas signing.