Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills Release Mario Williams

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016, 12:51 PM by BklynJag.)

The New York Daily News' Ebenezer Samuel "figures" the Giants will "at least call" free agent LE Mario Williams.

Come on Dave, give him a call.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The New York Daily News' Ebenezer Samuel "figures" the Giants will "at least call" free agent LE Mario Williams.

I agree with you that we should pursue Mario Williams, but be honest.

Should the Jaguars do what you suggest and give him a call, but he still signs elsewhere, you will give the team grief for it, won't you?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:The New York Daily News' Ebenezer Samuel "figures" the Giants will "at least call" free agent LE Mario Williams.

The problem with Mario is that he can sign right away with a club. If we're targeting a bigger free agent pass rusher, like Vernon or JPP, trying to sign Mario now doesn't make much sense. I have a feeling we're going to make a very aggressive push for Vernon.

Quote:The problem with Mario is that he can sign right away with a club. If we're targeting a bigger free agent pass rusher, like Vernon or JPP, trying to sign Mario now doesn't make much sense. I have a feeling we're going to make a very aggressive push for Vernon.
why not get both?

Quote:why not get both?

Exactly.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016, 06:04 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Fowler, Bosa, Bruce Irvin, and Mario Williams. We will have the most feared dominating D NFL history.

Quote:I bet you loooved the Hugh Douglas signing.

What's you guys take, Newbie or Tack fan?

Quote:What's you guys take, Newbie or Tack fan?

Nevermind, he's a newbie.

I was looking up where he's originally from and it's North Carolina, hopefully he's interested, I'd definitely kick the tires. I also found his combine stats just to compare with Bosa's numbers.(yes I realize these are 10 years old.)

Pre-draft measurables

Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP

6 ft 7 in 295 lb 4.73 s 1.59 s 2.75 s 4.36 s 7.19 s 40.5 in 10 ft 0 in 35 reps

All values from NFL Combine
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Quote:why not get both?

I highly doubt we're going to pay Mario $10-12 million per season to be a backup (like he'd even want to be anyways) to Vernon who will likely make $15-17 million and then have Fowler as the third option at LEO.

Quote:I was looking up where he's originally from and it's North Carolina, hopefully he's interested, I'd definitely kick the tires. I also found his combine stats just to compare with Bosa's numbers.(yes I realize these are 10 years old.)

Pre-draft measurables

Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP

6 ft 7 in 295 lb 4.73 s 1.59 s 2.75 s 4.36 s 7.19 s 40.5 in 10 ft 0 in 35 reps

All values from NFL Combine

But he also has 25 pounds on Bosa. As an athlete Bosa is not in the same league as Williams or Watt.

NFL.com's Conor Orr lists 6 potential landing spots for Mario Williams, and Jacksonville is among them.  Sorry no link.  It's there.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I dunno why didn't Rex Ryan want him?  Isn't Rex Ryan a great Defensive coach taught by his father Buddy Ryan?

I wouldn't sign him without a work out thats for sure...

The #Giants are eyeing both Charles Johnson and Mario Williams as they seek pass-rush help: https://t.co/cCpfS41jrF https://t.co/PFaJvHAHye

Not sure if you ever have taken notice during the offseason Bklyn, but it's as much about UFA's eyeing teams as much as it its teams eyeing UFA's.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:But he also has 25 pounds on Bosa. As an athlete Bosa is not in the same league as Williams or Watt.

Williams is a lot more nkemdiche like than he is bosa like.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Not sure if you ever have taken notice during the offseason Bklyn, but it's as much about UFA's eyeing teams as much as it its teams eyeing UFA's.

Ummmmmm ok, your point?

Quote:Ummmmmm ok, your point?

You complain about young men that "got away" more than Taylor Swift.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:You complain about young men that "got away" more than Taylor Swift.

Who complained?

Quote:Who complained?

That's basically all you bring to the table.