Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Bruce Irvin

Irvin, Osemele, Sean Smith and Lamar Miller in free agency.

Bosa, Joseph and then best defensive tackle available in the 3rd (maybe Austin Johnson or Willie Henry).

Starters would be:

Bortles

Yeldon/Miller

Joeckel, Osemele, Linder, Cann, Parnell  (talk of Linder moving to center)

Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Greene

J. Thomas

Fowler/Marks/Miller/Odrick with Johnson and Alualu in the rotation

Smith/Poz/Irvin

Sample or Cyprien/Joseph

House and S. Smith at corner

Colvin as nickel.

Barring significant injury to Bortles, this team is consensus favorite to win the AFC South.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can already feel a horrible contract coming

According to the following article,  the Falcons are $30.6 million under the salary cap.  Though the Falcons can certainly afford Bruce Irvin,   if this becomes a bidding war,  the Jaguars have more flexibility to go the extra mile:

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/footbal...ree/nqZrM/

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 10:42 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Irvin had his best year under Gus Bradley with 8 sacks

I know Irvin is from ATL and Quinn his other former coach is there but we can out bid ATL and Jax isnt that far anyways, we are def in play

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

He's just a guy. I watched him closely this year. Non impact player

Quote:What better way to fix the OTTO than to sign the original OTTO?

Wasn't he actually a DPR under Bradley and under Quinn he moved to LB?

Quote:What if Ramsey goes to SD and Boas goes to Dallas?

Then draft Buckner and have a young stud on the D-Line...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:He's just a guy. I watched him closely this year. Non impact player

This is ridiculous. Irvin is way more than just a guy. He wasn't asked to blitz as much this season with Bennett and Avril upfront.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 11:13 PM by BklynJag.)

@pfrumors Armed with over $70MM in cap space and in need of defensive upgrades, the Jaguars have emerged as early contenders for soon-to-be free agent linebacker Bruce Irvin, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

I wouldnt mind this move. I just hope he wouldn't be the only pass rushing addition.

Thread already exists here:  http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ng-to-pft/

I'd be happy with Irvin, but we need to use him much more as a pass rusher than Seattle did. I think I saw he was only used as a pass rusher on 40% of his snaps this year, and coincidentally it was his worst season. 

Oops

I would still want to add another pass rusher besides Irvin.

Quote:I would still want to add another pass rusher besides Irvin.

I think Dave's plan for the defense is to target Irvin and Jackson and land them both. Draft Ramsey and if he isn't there he would probably pick Jack or VH3.

I'd love to see Fowler, Jack, Irvin and Smith together.

Quote:What if Ramsey goes to SD and Boas goes to Dallas?
Then draft Jack

Achilles...just to be clear...Bullseye and Pirk are DEFINITELY two different posters/people.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:According to the following article,  the Falcons are $30.6 million under the salary cap.  Though the Falcons can certainly afford Bruce Irvin,   if this becomes a bidding war,  the Jaguars have more flexibility to go the extra mile:

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/footbal...ree/nqZrM/
This is part of the reason why I say that if money is his primary motivation, he'll come here.  If he wants to be in Atlanta above all else, he'll go there.

Quote:I would still want to add another pass rusher besides Irvin.
Me too.

Mario Williams and Irvin coming off the left side of the defense would be nice to see.

Quote:Irvin, Osemele, Sean Smith and Lamar Miller in free agency.

Bosa, Joseph and then best defensive tackle available in the 3rd (maybe Austin Johnson or Willie Henry).

Starters would be:

Bortles

Yeldon/Miller

Joeckel, Osemele, Linder, Cann, Parnell  (talk of Linder moving to center)

Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Greene

J. Thomas

Fowler/Marks/Miller/Odrick with Johnson and Alualu in the rotation

Smith/Poz/Irvin

Sample or Cyprien/Joseph

House and S. Smith at corner

Colvin as nickel.

Barring significant injury to Bortles, this team is consensus favorite to win the AFC South.
I'm not sure if I would want Linder at C.

Yes, he would lend perhaps the most physical presence at the position we've had since Cheever, and that would be a good thing.

But my thing is, at RG, he's proven to be able to do a good job against Watt.  Watt lines up and rushes against guards far more than C.

I suppose by pure numbers of snaps and games, it would be better to move him to C, but to the degree there can be sense of security against Watt, I'd sure like that.