Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For the people that are against "paying" Malik Jackson

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2016, 09:15 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:I was think more of 3T

Maybe Muhammad Wilkerson, but we already have 2 very good 3Ts and good depth there too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone advocating that we pay this guy 14 million dollars a year has to explain to me why he has the same amount of Career Sacks as Andre Branch. 

Quote:Maybe Muhammad Wilkerson, but we already have 2 very good 3Ts and good depth there too.

I know we have Odrick who is our 5T and Marks who just cane off his second season ending injury. Nothing else behind that. Wilkerson would be a fabulous addition if he makes it to free agency.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2016, 09:35 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:I know we have Odrick who is our 5T and Marks who just cane off his second season ending injury. Nothing else behind that. Wilkerson would be a fabulous addition if he makes it to free agency.
Alualu is solid depth. Michael Bennett is a developmental prospect.

If Malik Jackson came with a normal price tag in the $8 million dollar range, sure, it doesn't hurt to add more good, young players, but $14 million is way, way overpriced. His own team won't budge off $10 million.

Paying Wilkerson $14 million is a little more reasonable. I don't know I would endorse that move, but I wouldn't be against it in that I would know that at least we signed a double digit sack guy that can play 3 or 5. Not needed, but a clear improvement, whereas Jackson is a likely very expensive lateral move.

Quote:Alualu is solid depth. Michael Bennett is a developmental prospect.

If Malik Jackson came with a normal price tag in the $8 million dollar range, sure, it doesn't hurt to add more good, young players, but $14 million is way, way overpriced. His own team won't budge off $10 million.

Paying Wilkerson $14 million is a little more reasonable. I don't know I would endorse that move, but I wouldn't be against it in that I would know that at least we signed a double digit sack guy that can play 3 or 5. Not needed, but a clear improvement, whereas Jackson is a likely very expensive lateral move.

And to be honest in any other cirumstance i would probably share your same sentiments. But this defense is just void of a lot of talent espcially talent that can get after the qb and push the pocket. Based on the OPs info he does just that. Coupled with the ridiculous amount of money we have (80 million according to over the cap) every single player who can either force turnovers or push the pocket should be in play.

I get your argument, the money may not make sense. My argument is that the money doesn't matter or shouldnt in our situation.

Quote:And to be honest in any other cirumstance i would probably share your same sentiments. But this defense is just void of a lot of talent espcially talent that can get after the qb and push the pocket. Based on the OPs info he does just that. Coupled with the ridiculous amount of money we have (80 million according to over the cap) every single player who can either force turnovers or push the pocket should be in play.

I get your argument, the money may not make sense. My argument is that the money doesn't matter or shouldnt in our situation.

We need pass rush, but he doesn't deliver any noticeable increase from what we have. We have guys that can generate 4 to 7 sacks from 3 and 5 tech.

I get that people see how much money we have and want to overspend, and we can. But we have to overspend intelligently. People see the huge amounts of money and know the cap is going to continue to rocket, but you have to spend proportionately still or you will turn an enviable position into a poor one pretty quickly. Every player on your roster is going to make a few extra million when their contracts are up. Most players are still on old contracts. We can afford to overspend - just not by 40% on an unneeded luxury player.

Marks coming off an injury--again-- is a huge question mark. Simply relying and expecting him to return to 2014 form is foolish. Jackson is an ascending player reaching FA at the perfect time. Pay the man.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

He will probably be the best defensive lineman on the market. He will immediately become our best defensive player if we sign him.

Quote:Anyone advocating that we pay this guy 14 million dollars a year has to explain to me why he has the same amount of Career Sacks as Andre Branch.

Really? Is this your argument?

Wallbash
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 12:31 AM by surfon.)

Quote:Marks coming off an injury--again-- is a huge question mark. Simply relying and expecting him to return to 2014 form is foolish. Jackson is an ascending player reaching FA at the perfect time. Pay the man.
Got a chuckle looking at your forum name and this post. Quite lawyeresque everyone should get paid.

Marks will be fine two unrelated injuries and it was a torn triceps muscle not really a big deal and not a "huge" ? or foolish.