Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Janoris Jenkins turned down 5 years/$45 Million

Here's a link to the story.  He seems ready to chance it in free agency.  I think he would be a good grab for us.

tinyurl.com/j9dem44

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Here's a link to the story.  He seems ready to chance it in free agency.  I think he would be a good grab for us.

tinyurl.com/j9dem44
I wouldn't pay him more than the Rams are offering

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Sorry I screwed up the link, it was on Rotoworld.  We have so much money to spend I honestly don't care if we overpay, we just need to bring in some more talent.  He would easily be an upgrade in our secondary.  With our cap situation, it's time to open up the checkbook.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2016, 05:01 PM by Vino.)

I think Johnson is a better fit in this defense. Jenkins is undersized (long arms tho). Will be interesting to see if Dave cares.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I do fall more on the Johnson side of these two, Im not sure I would fully go all in on Jenkins. I wouldnt mind us signing him but....IDK I have some doubts on him myself.

The Rams are leaning towards tagging Johnson so as much as I'd like to have him, he is probably off of the board.

Quote:Here's a link to the story.  He seems ready to chance it in free agency.  I think he would be a good grab for us.

tinyurl.com/j9dem44
Good news for us, looks like they will tag T.Johnson and let Jenkins walk

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I prefer Johnson too but whatever. We need players and Jenkins is a good one. Caldwell put this team in a position to where money is not an issue allowing us to focus on acquiring talent. If Caldwell likes him then I love it

Quote:I think Johnson is a better fit in this defense. Jenkins is undersized (long arms tho). Will be interesting to see if Dave cares.
haha how about we just get some good football players. I'm tired of saying we need big corners. We need a Leo and Otto. How about we just get good football players. Jenkins is a pretty good player. Will we have to overpay yeah it's free agency you have to.

I am all for trying to sign him. Jaguars need to look for players at defensive end, free safety, OTTO and cornerback. Jenkins is a playmaker and still young. If they can sign him, I'd find my safety in the draft- either Ramsay in the 1st or Joseph in the 2nd.

Sign him.

Need to sign him. Time to spend some money or Lose 12 games next year and have 60 mill in cap space... No thanks.

His market value is probably higher than $9 million. I think he goes between $10 and 11 million which would put him just outside the top 5 corners I believe.

I like his fit here as he brings playmaking to the secondary.

Pay the man. The Jags desperately need a playmaking outside corner

The franchise tag, worth the average of the top players at the respective position, is just under $14m per year now for a CB.  Jenkins is speculated to be looking for a long term deal with a $14m per year figure.  Jenkins felt the team gave him a low-ball offer with a $9m per year figure (5yrs for $45m, which would have made him the 12th highest paid CB in the league), and just fired his agent for not supporting and attaining his higher target.  By league rules, Jenkins can not be represented by another agent for 5 days, making it more difficult for the Rams to work out a deal by March 9th.       

Thanks for that little tidbit ATLjag, I didnt know the NFL had a rule about that. Very interesting move by Jenkins. A planned move maybe?

They seem to value trumaine more even tho Jenkins has been more productive. I don't think he fits our defense but I wouldn't be against the signing.

Jenkins is right though, 9 mil AAV is a pretty big low ball. He's going to get offered several million more per year by plenty of other teams. 

I don't understand why people keep saying he doesn't fit our defense. Our defense was terrible last year. How doesn't a high tier playmaking cornerback not fit our defense more than any other cornerback on our roster? Don't be delusional, we need any playmaker we can get on that side of the ball.

Quote:I don't understand why people keep saying he doesn't fit our defense. Our defense was terrible last year. How doesn't a high tier playmaking cornerback not fit our defense more than any other cornerback on our roster? Don't be delusional, we need any playmaker we can get on that side of the ball.

Haha yeah..

I see Gratz running around out there... why can't Jenkins? We need playmakers so bad. We have some solid guys, but we need big plays on defense more than anything.
Shock the world