Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Janoris Jenkins turned down 5 years/$45 Million

No kidding. When Gratz and Nick Marshall are starting I think we have room for Janoris Jenkins.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No kidding. When Gratz and Nick Marshall are starting I think we have room for Janoris Jenkins.

Don't forget Peyton Thompson... Sad
Shock the world

I hope Trumaine hits free agency and Jenkins gets tagged. Trumaine's height and length is perfect for Gus. I would easily pay him 12 million a year.

Quote:I think Johnson is a better fit in this defense. Jenkins is undersized (long arms tho). Will be interesting to see if Dave cares.

Just get playmakers.

Not the biggest fan of Jenkins,plays very undisciplined and takes a lot of risks resulting in him being burned.

Has great big play potential but I prefer CBs who stay disciplined and don't give up the big plays.

Jenkins may be seen be some as an "undisciplined" player, but also is a ball-hawk, attaining interceptions and breaks up passes.  PFF had him rated as the 25th best CB in the league last season.  In 2014, he was a pro-bowl alternate.  The Rams made him a fair offer.  With the latest cap increase, as fair as the offer was, some team will pay him more.  On a side note, he grew up in Pahokee, and probably wouldn't mind playing closer to home if the money is right.   

Quote:Jenkins may be seen be some as an "undisciplined" player, but also is a ball-hawk, attaining interceptions and breaks up passes. PFF had him rated as the 25th best CB in the league last season. In 2014, he was a pro-bowl alternate. The Rams made him a fair offer. With the latest cap increase, as fair as the offer was, some team will pay him more. On a side note, he grew up in Pahokee, and probably wouldn't mind playing closer to home if the money is right.

He's a good #2 CB but ask any Ram fan and they'll tell you hes a bit of an enigma. Given up a lot of big plays with the way he plays the last few years.

He's overshooting his value. Not worth top 10 money, even when you have it to burn. Not the most disciplined player on or off the field.
Only a chump boos the home team!

To reinforce my point. He has given up 22 TDs in the last 4 years. Pass.

Quote:To reinforce my point. He has given up 22 TDs in the last 4 years. Pass.

Almost as many as Patrick Peterson.

Sean Smith is my #1 CB

Quote:Almost as many as Patrick Peterson.

Its a bit different when one is a #2 CB and the other routinely shadows #1 WRs. Do you think Jenkins is as good as PP?

Jesus, you turds!!! Pass on a top 15 CB! Then complain when we win 4 games next year and have 90 million cap space. [BLEEP] is wrong w you guys!

We can get him for 11-12 million a year. Do you realize what we paid non contributors like Marcedes and House? How many TDs did House give up over last year? I'm sure it was more than Jenkins even with him being benched games!

Why do you not want to sign one of the best FA corners? You're either slow, or a Tack fan. There's no logic. If he improves our squad that's great.

Quote:Its a bit different when one is a #2 CB and the other routinely shadows #1 WRs. Do you think Jenkins is as good as PP?

Obviously not, but this secondary lacks playmakers and Janoris is one.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016, 08:33 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:Obviously not, but this secondary lacks playmakers and Janoris is one.
He has a knack for returning INTs for TDs I'll agree with that. I just dont really like his style of play but each to their own obviously.

I think he's overated and only has 10 INts in 4 years behind the Rams defensive line.

His attitude sucks too.

Not wanting to attempt to upgrade from House, Gratz, Colvin, is suicide. If he's a flop, cut him and his dead money won't even hurt us over the next 4 years because we are 90 million under the cap. We are picking 5th in the draft. I'd say it's time to upgrade some talent.

Not every CB is going to be Sherman, Norman, or Revis.  Does Jenkins have some warts in his performance? ....yes.  Is he a signficant upgrade in the Jax secondary? ....yes.  

Quote:We can get him for 11-12 million a year. Do you realize what we paid non contributors like Marcedes and House? How many TDs did House give up over last year? I'm sure it was more than Jenkins even with him being benched games!

Why do you not want to sign one of the best FA corners? You're either slow, or a Tack fan. There's no logic. If he improves our squad that's great.

Dude. Watch the games again. House played very well the majority of the time. The vast majority of TDs and big plays he gave up came when the QB had 4, 5 or 6 seconds to stand in a clean pocket, make a sandwich, then find his number one receiver improvising a route downfield.

I pulled my hair out watching it during the games - but when you watch it again, it was lack of pressure on the QB most of the time.

You can't expect him to shut down Hopkins and the like when they've got all day to get open.

Quote:Dude. Watch the games again. House played very well the majority of the time. The vast majority of TDs and big plays he gave up came when the QB had 4, 5 or 6 seconds to stand in a clean pocket, make a sandwich, then find his number one receiver improvising a route downfield.

I pulled my hair out watching it during the games - but when you watch it again, it was lack of pressure on the QB most of the time.

You can't expect him to shut down Hopkins and the like when they've got all day to get open.
Totally agree. It's almost impossible to guard someone for 5-7 seconds all the time. We get a consistent pass rush in here and House will make the pro bowl.