Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Source: Broncos are reportedly "quietly" preparing to part ways with Peyton Manning

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_29570...e-off-into

Thanks for the memories Peyton! It's been a great career.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who knows if it's true - but they'd be dumb not to have contingency plans - and I'm sure they have more than one already well constructed.  

Still, that article is written by a guy well known for "hot takes" for the sake of attracting clicks/attention. 

Manning is going to force Denver to release him so that he'll have total leverage to retire-unretire without Denver owning his rights. I've never cared for Manning and personally I hope he ends his career like other greats in another uniform with diminished skills. He's a me-first guy.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote: 

In John Elway's last four seasons, he had a combined record of 51-17 (75 percent) and won two Super Bowls. He could have won another in the 1996 season. 
Hahahahahahahahaha

He wants to retire a Clot. So yes he will force their hand. He has no interest to play. But he wants 19 mill garenteed or to retire a clot.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Man I hope he just hangs it up.

A report came out today saying he plans to retire Monday

Quote:A report came out today saying he plans to retire Monday

What took him so long?

He was always going to retire if he won the Super Bowl.

Is he just the 2nd all-time great QB to retire after a Super Bowl win, the other being Elway?

I can't think of any others who went out on top like that.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_29570...e-off-into

Thanks for the memories Peyton! It's been a great career.
It did seem to me that Peyton still kind of wanted to play, hmm i wonder possible Brett Favre retire and come back thing possible?? probably not.. doesnt seem like something Peyton would do...