Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malik Jackson likely hitting open market

Quote:Way off by two because you're arbitrarily deciding who is and isn't a pass rusher. All the dudes HH listed rush the passer when he drops back to pass as a primary responsibility. Everyone but you concedes this.

Also $11.5 mil is close when it works your way but $11 mil can't count because it's a dollar off?

I consider a pass rusher a DE or linebacker who's primary job is to sack the QB. Its not some weird formula.

Yes, $11 million doesn't count because I clearly said OVER $11 million.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Considering the argument is that $14 million isn't overpaying for Jackson, I gave you guys $3 million in the argument.  I could preface it with $14 million.

That's your argument. No one else here has dropped that number.

Quote:And again im not sure most here are saying it isnt over payment. I know the arguement im making is that it doesnt hurt our team to pay that much due to our cap situation espcially if that means acquiring a quality player.

While it certainly won't kill our cap, its not a wise investment that can be better used elsewhere.

Money money money moneeyy, mooonnneeeeeeyyy! What's the big different between 10 mil and 12 mil a year tbh; hell even 14 mil..... It's apples and oranges guys. To us non-millionaire/billionaire people, it's a lot. To them and our cap space, chump change. I doubt Dave will spend 14 mil a year on him. If he does, so be it.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 04:00 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:I could see Von Miller potentially getting $20 million. What I can't see is Malik Jackson getting $14 million or the $15-18 like one other said.

Miller will get 20 million. And that might be a low ball. He put up the greatest season imaginable in a conttact year.

Jackson is in 12-16 million range. Thats how this works in free agnecy. If you dont like the prices then just stay away from it because the contracts get out of hand. The value you assess to a guy is not the value they get in free agency. You have to have a limit you will go to and wont go over. Mine would be 5 year 80 mil which isnt bad and is the max. Thats about 16 mil a year. And he really wont see the whole 80 mil. Really about 40 of it honestly.

Quote:I consider a pass rusher a DE or linebacker who's primary job is to sack the QB. Its not some weird formula.

Yes, $11 million doesn't count because I clearly said OVER $11 million.

And even if we concede your narrow definition you were CLEARLY wrong. Like I said, and like has been proven to you.

Derek Wolfe is not a good barometer,he took a hometown discount. Feel free to argue that FreeAgent01,I just kinda live in Colorado and know a thing or 2 about the broncos though.

Quote:Derek Wolfe is not a good barometer,he took a hometown discount. Feel free to argue that FreeAgent01,I just kinda live in Colorado and know a thing or 2 about the broncos though.

It doesn't mean you are any more right just because you live there. I'm sure you know more about the Jags than quite a few Jags fans that live in Jacksonville. By the way, I live in a state that shares a border with Colorado so I'm not exactly on the other side of the world.

Quote:Youre right. Lets re-sign cyprien for 35 million dollars a year. Inflation man.

Hehe cute.

Quote:And even if we concede your narrow definition you were CLEARLY wrong. Like I said, and like has been proven to you.

I'll agree. I was clearly wrong. It was 5 and not 3. All of which are 10+ sack guys.

Quote:Miller will get 20 million. And that might be a low ball. He put up the greatest season imaginable in a conttact year.

Jackson is in 12-16 million range. Thats how this works in free agnecy. If you dont like the prices then just stay away from it because the contracts get out of hand. The value you assess to a guy is not the value they get in free agency. You have to have a limit you will go to and wont go over. Mine would be 5 year 80 mil which isnt bad and is the max. Thats about 16 mil a year. And he really wont see the whole 80 mil. Really about 40 of it honestly.

Why not go $20 million or $25 million? We have the money. Wink

Lets be honest, he would see most of that $80 million unless he were cut early into his contract, and like has been alluded to, if you front load that contract, he will definitely see most of that money.

I expect Malik and others to be overpaid, as is customary every free agency, just not to the grandiose scale that has been suggested. The top 3/5T tweeners dont just go from making $8.5 million to $14 million plus over one season... Especially when Malik Jackson hasnt done anything significant to warrant it. $10-11 million is fair market value for him in free agency and anything over gets into the territory of gross mismanagement. He may end up getting $12 or $13 million, but its a real gross overpay. I'm just going by free agency contract history.