Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Scobee- was asked to come back to Jax

Josh Scobee on 1010XL right now.

Said the Jags were one of three teams that called to try to sign him after he was released from the Steelers.

He wanted to come back here and play, but couldn't because he was hurt.

Disregard if common knowledge on here.  I never heard it straight from him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I didn't know, but let's sign him now!

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

No time like the present, imo.

Still on.  Says he has had tryouts at New Orleans and Tampa in the last couple of weeks and just waiting for a call.

Get him...get him right now!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I say sign him just to kick extra points.

Id be happy if he signed with us and retired even.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 07:17 PM by Minorcan.)

Did you hear the portion on his take on Anger? He didn't speak highly of the way they run the kick offs.

Edit: punt coverage, not kick offs

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 08:55 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:Did you hear the portion on his take on Anger? He didn't speak highly of the way they run the kick offs.

Edit: punt coverage, not kick offs
Do you mean how the team runs the coverage or how the players perform the coverage?

Us Out Of Town folks need the hookup.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Scobee should be in the Pride, but Bradwell wanted kickoffs to be nonreturnable to give one of our worst defenses of all time the full 80 yards to bend and break

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 10:30 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Scobee should be in the Pride, but Bradwell wanted kickoffs to be nonreturnable to give one of our worst defenses of all time the full 80 yards to bend and break

Nvm. This level of genius is too hard to argue against.

"hurt" only according to Scobee...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Do you mean how the team runs the coverage or how the players perform the coverage?

Us Out Of Town folks need the hookup.
Scobee said Anger was a top 5 punter in this league. Has the best hang time of any Punter and he has no doubt he'll end up being the highest paid Punter in the league. Scobee dropped a "the Jags didn't use him correctly" on the radio.....they pressed him for what he meant and he said the way they coach their coverage team is to fall back or slow down so they don't get big run backs, as opposed to just gunning it. This would explain why Anger consistently out kicks the coverage. 

For what it's worth, Scobee also said the kid out of FSU is the best kicker he has EVER seen coming out of college.  Said his consistency is unreal.

Meanwhile, Podlesh is making a comeback too.

Time to move on people. Not saying Myers is the answer, but time to move on. In the midst of not winning games, Jaguar fans tend to fall overly in love with names and what they once meant.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016, 07:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:For what it's worth, Scobee also said the kid out of FSU is the best kicker he has EVER seen coming out of college. Said his consistency is unreal.
lol, draft him in the 3rd Gene, I mean Dave

Quote:Time to move on people. Not saying Myers is the answer, but time to move on. In the midst of not winning games, Jaguar fans tend to fall overly in love with names and what they once meant.

The "people" you are talking to can be counted on one hand.

That's hardly a reflection on "Jaguar fans."

After all, you yourself wouldn't speak well of a "Jaguar fan" if taken as a sample size of one.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The "people" you are talking to can be counted on one hand.

That's hardly a reflection on "Jaguar fans."

After all, you yourself wouldn't speak well of a "Jaguar fan" if taken as a sample size of one.

Its a MB trend. People want to hold on to players 3 years past their worth for sentimental reasons. 

There are so many players I forget about once they are no longer on the team until the MB resurrects them.

There has only been 4 guys that left resently that I cared about. Reggie Nelson, Jennings, Mathis, and Daryl Smith.

I wanted Reggie gone, but man we didn't use him right. Mathis was good but always hurt. Jennings and Smith never should have left.