Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Mack expected to opt out of contract

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That whole organization just seems like such a mess. Why would any person, player or not, want to have to go to work there every day?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:That whole organization just seems like such a mess. Why would any person, player or not, want to have to go to work there every day?
Alex Mack and Tishaun Gipson might go from poopy brown to teal gold and black perhaps.

Hmm - should this thread be in the shiny new section on FA?

Quote:Hmm - should this thread be in the shiny new section on FA?

Nah, leave it here and see who gets their big girl undies all twisted up.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Nah, leave it here and see who gets their big girl undies all twisted up.
I think she's on sabbatical.

Or did you mean bunny?  :woot: j/k

Two years ago I would have loved to have him.  I wonder what his price is going to be now....he didn't play amazingly last year.  He made the Pro Bowl on name only.

Apparently there is a good chance he still resigns with the Browns. The morning guys on 1010 seem to think that Mack will either be playing for the Browns or Jags next year.

Quote:Apparently there is a good chance he still resigns with the Browns. The morning guys on 1010 seem to think that Mack will either be playing for the Browns or Jags next year.

He isn't leaving that contract without some numbers in place with the Jags.  He will know what he is making next year if he opts out.

He's in a good spot again, just like he was 2 years ago, to make a lot of $$ whether it be here or there. Lucky dog.

Considering we wrote the contract he's on now....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If he's opting out of the contract to be paid higher than his current $8m per year, I wouldn't be interested.  Personally, would rather make a play for young, healthy, and dominant Kelechi Osmele for similar money and move Cann to center. 

Quote:I think she's on sabbatical.

ZING!

Im not sold on Cann at C. Gimme the vet. Considering our cap situation, id have no problem overpaying him this year to get him here. Reward outweighs the risk IMO.

In a perfect world, Luke Bo wins the starting job over whatever mid-tier C we do bring in since all of the big bucks go to the defense in FA. Cann slides to his original position at LG. Interior o-line is set for the next decade. I dont know if the stats agree but our run blocking looked better with Linder and Luke on the interior IMO

Quote:Apparently there is a good chance he still resigns with the Browns. The morning guys on 1010 seem to think that Mack will either be playing for the Browns or Jags next year.

I got the same impression from twitter (that he likely could re-sign with the Browns after opting out.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I think she's on sabbatical.

Hey now!! My panties don't get twisted!! It's more of a bunching action, thank you very much! :teehee:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

If ya don't wear 'em, they don't get twisted or bunched.

Just sayin'...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Im not sold on Cann at C. Gimme the vet. Considering our cap situation, id have no problem overpaying him this year to get him here. Reward outweighs the risk IMO.

I agree that I am not thrilled about the idea of moving a guy that we know is very good at guard to C, but I strongly disagree that the reward with Mack outweighs the risk. At 10+ mil/yr the downside far outweighs the upside. He has to be elite to earn that money and there really is no upside from that, anything less than elite and it's downside.

Quote:If he's opting out of the contract to be paid higher than his current $8m per year, I wouldn't be interested.  Personally, would rather make a play for young, healthy, and dominant Kelechi Osmele for similar money and move Cann to center. 
He'll be opting out to get a new signing bonus which will pay him way more than $8m next year. You will end up paying pretty much any halfway decent FA more than that just to sign with you. Mack getting paid more than $8m next year was a given from the day the contract was written a couple of years ago..

Quote:He isn't leaving that contract without some numbers in place with the Jags.  He will know what he is making next year if he opts out.

That's a good thought.   To opt out of that big contract, he must know there's someone coming after him.   It's got to be us.