Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl Halftime

Quote:Foo Fighters would be a a good show. That's a halftime I could get behind.

I despise everything about Dave Grohl...

But then, I'm used to not paying much attention to the Halftime Show since it hasn't actually been worth watching in years.

Bring on the Puppy Bowl!

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I despise everything about Dave Grohl...

But then, I'm used to not paying much attention to the Halftime Show since it hasn't actually been worth watching in years.

Bring on the Puppy Bowl!

I'm very positive that you don't speak for the majority.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 12:26 AM by pirkster.)

Bring on the Puppy Bowl!

Grohl is a buffoon politically speaking, but he's the best thing to come out of the band Nirvana by far.

And again, her politics are [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor, but I enjoyed Katy Perry very much.

She's very easy on the eyes and ears, with emphasis on the eyes.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Foo Fighters suck. That being said, I judge music by their music and not their political leaning. But that's just me.

Quote:Foo Fighters suck. That being said, I judge music by their music and not their political leaning. But that's just me.

I didn't do that, either.  I spoke my opinion on both.  Separately.  Not sure how that's "just you" in this context...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I don't particularly care about political leanings. Music is music, regardless of who plays it, and unless it's overtly racist, intentionally misogynistic, or about feeling like a plastic bag, it stands on its own merits. I never understood people who would refuse to listen to music because they disagree with the actions or leanings of the person playing it. Not buying albums, fine, I get it, but changing the radio station every time Queen comes on because Freddie Mercury slept and/or shared needles with half of Europe (and not just the male half)?

Bring on the Puppy Bowl!

I'll one up you and say that I despise anything that had to do with Nirvana.

Quote:You think a lot of things. Many of them are nonsensical. At best.

I always want to say thank you to my fans.

So Thanks.

Update: So it turns out TJ Bender doesn't like me supporting Trump or talking bad about Obama in the political posts and that is why he is angry...

I debated on commenting on politics on a sports page.  The two really shouldn't mix.

Quote:I mean, if that's your most important question about the halftime show then that's fine I suppose. I'm more concerned with the thought process that determined Coldplay was the right and best possible choice to perform the superbowl 50 halftime show. I mean Jesus, clocks, during halftime of a football game?! Gimme a friggin break.

You would think that they would open it up to the fans to vote.

It was overblown. I wasn't a fan of the Black Panther tribute if you want to call it that, but really as others said, the true issue was the fact that Coldplay was the headline act (!) and the show blew. And this is coming from someone who actually enjoys a few of their songs. The problem is that they lack showmanship. It's a halftime SHOW, not the local open mike night at Starbucks. That's why I enjoyed Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, etc even though I'm not a big fan because they put on a spectacle and held your attention. Prince blew his show out of the water with how awesome it was. They entertained, not just stood around and sung.