Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Casey Hayward expected to test FA.

Living up in Packer-land I'm certainly familiar with Hayward, he's an underrated CB that excels in man coverage. Don't be surprised if Dave makes a run at him, Hayward is also a guy that would be an intriguing prospect at the FS position.

via rotoworld 

<p style="background-color:transparent;">The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel expects the Packers to let CB Casey Hayward walk in free agency.

Hayward, a 2012 second-rounder, was probably the Packers' best cover corner in 2015, but the team has Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins and Sam Shields to build around. Going on 27, Hayward has said he expects to hit the open market. He shouldn't struggle for suitors with the way cornerbacks have gotten paid the past few seasons. Hayward can play both in the slot and outside

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Living up in Packer-land I'm certainly familiar with Hayward, he's an underrated CB that excels in man coverage. Don't be surprised if Dave makes a run at him, Hayward is also a guy that would be an intriguing prospect at the FS position.

via rotoworld 

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel expects the Packers to let CB Casey Hayward walk in free agency.

Hayward, a 2012 second-rounder, was probably the Packers' best cover corner in 2015, but the team has Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins and Sam Shields to build around. Going on 27, Hayward has said he expects to hit the open market. He shouldn't struggle for suitors with the way cornerbacks have gotten paid the past few seasons. Hayward can play both in the slot and outside
I personally would prefer Janoris Jenkins or Trumaine Johnson from Rams but Hayward wouldn't be bad if we we're to miss out on them.

Cornerback is going to be the deepest FA position. Hayward, Janoris, Trumaine, Sean Smith, and Boykin would all be great additions. I want Boykin to be our nickel corner so bad. 

Quote:I personally would prefer Janoris Jenkins or Trumaine Johnson from Rams but Hayward wouldn't be bad if we we're to miss out on them.

I think Trumaine Johnson will be their #1 target at the position, give his size and upside. 

Quote:Cornerback is going to be the deepest FA position. Hayward, Janoris, Trumaine, Sean Smith, and Boykin would all be great additions. I want Boykin to be our nickel corner so bad. 

I think Colvin will be our primary Nickel next year, he excels in that role. We need another "Davon House" opposite of Davon House haha.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think Colvin will be our primary Nickel next year, he excels in that role. We need another "Davon House" opposite of Davon House haha.
I agree that's the plan, and it's fine Colvin will be good as a full time nickel...Boykin is just a bit better. 

I do like the depth in this apparently available CB FA class this year.  Hayward is a solid CB.