Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's talk about rb's

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 11:59 PM by Adub28.)

I don't see the Jags taking a rb in the first 2 rounds so let's discuss guys that are going around the 3rd or 4th round. Paul Perkins, Kenneth Dixon and or Alex Collins etc etc. Who is a mid round potential prospect you would like to see as a Jaguar. I'd be happy with any of these guys who could come in and help immediatly to ease the load on Yeldon. I'd rather go this route rather than spend money via free agency that could go towards the defense.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPnaMf3h6s'>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPnaMf3h6s</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-OIn7BLfUOY'>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-OIn7BLfUOY</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3sSck_Z_Ds'>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3sSck_Z_Ds</a>
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I really liked what I saw of Alex Collins but I could see him getting scooped up in the 2nd round. 

I think Alex Collin in the 3rd wouldn't be a bad idea. He runs like Marshawn Lynch/Chris Johnson.

I don't see any reason to draft one unless it's the 6th or 7th. A 2nd round RB is already plenty of draft capital to have in the position. Just sign Lance Dunbar or Turbin or someone to be a cheap 3rd down back and it's fine.

Collins is my favorite back in the draft behind Elliot but as KY said, dont want a RB in the early rounds.  If Collins somehow fell to the 4th I dont think you could pass him up but I think he goes in the 2nd

Brandon Ross from Maryland would be a nice get,add some speed to our RBs. Not sure where he's projected to go.

Aaron Green in the fifth would be nice.

Wouldn't draft one any earlier.

Aaron Green is my guy. Reminds me of Gio Bernard and we need that type of back.
Shock the world

It wouldn't surprise me to see Jordan Howard slip down in the draft, and be available later.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2016, 04:27 PM by Vino.)

I don't think people realize this is a bad draft. If a RB is the best player available when we pick in the third (very likely) then that's who we should take. Drafting based on needs wil get us more Gratz's and Cyprien's.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I don't think people realize this is a bad draft. If a RB is the best player available when we pick in the third (very likely) then that's who we should take. Drafting based on needs wil get us more Gratz's and Cyprien's.

Man cmon..

This isn't a bad draft. There isn't a sure fire star to go #1 overall that's for sure, but there is a lot of talent out there that our Jags must take advantage on.
Shock the world

Quote:Aaron Green in the fifth would be nice.

Wouldn't draft one any earlier.

This. Would add another dimension to the offense.

Quote:I don't see any reason to draft one unless it's the 6th or 7th. A 2nd round RB is already plenty of draft capital to have in the position. Just sign Lance Dunbar or Turbin or someone to be a cheap 3rd down back and it's fine.

Agreed here completely. I doubt we draft one at all this year
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2016, 10:20 PM by Vino.)

Quote:Man cmon..

This isn't a bad draft. There isn't a sure fire star to go #1 overall that's for sure, but there is a lot of talent out there that our Jags must take advantage on.
It is a bad draft. Past DT there is almost no depth. The edge players are one dimensional outside of Bosa and Spence. TE is attrocious. OL is bad. Linebacker past Darron Lee is bad. A bunch of box safeties and project CBs past round 1. There is little depth in this draft at positions outside DT look it up. RB is probably the one position other than maybe DT where a sure fire good player will still be available in the 3rd round and it's still a need.

Quote:It is a bad draft. Past DT there is almost no depth. The edge players are one dimensional outside of Bosa and Spence. TE is attrocious. OL is bad. Linebacker past Darron Lee is bad. A bunch of box safeties and project CBs past round 1. There is little depth in this draft at positions outside DT look it up. RB is probably the one position other than maybe DT where a sure fire good player will still be available in the 3rd round and it's still a need.

Completely disagree, but whatever Smile
Shock the world

Quote:I don't think people realize this is a bad draft. If a RB is the best player available when we pick in the third (very likely) then that's who we should take. Drafting based on needs wil get us more Gratz's and Cyprien's.

From what I have heard and read, this is an outstanding draft for defense.   That's why it's most likely that a defensive player will be the best player available in round 3.   Not a RB. 

Personally, I wouldn't take a RB any higher than the 6th round.   Just based on our needs.   Of course, if some incredible back falls to round 5, then of course we should take him.    I wouldn't draft Derrick Henry until at least the 5th round.   He needs huge holes to build up steam and run over people.   It's all straight line, no wiggle.  

Quote:From what I have heard and read, this is an outstanding draft for defense.   That's why it's most likely that a defensive player will be the best player available in round 3.   Not a RB. 

Personally, I wouldn't take a RB any higher than the 6th round.   Just based on our needs.   Of course, if some incredible back falls to round 5, then of course we should take him.    I wouldn't draft Derrick Henry until at least the 5th round.   He needs huge holes to build up steam and run over people.   It's all straight line, no wiggle.

I personally don't want one before round 4. But I wouldn't mine one of the three I mentioned earlier if they slipped to the 4th. Toby, Pierce are both likely gone, Gray and Robinson were avg at best, we need someone to help ease the load on Yeldon who's track record isn't exactly one of a durable back. I like a few others later as well but the position still needs a upgrade albeit it's not a top priority.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Quote:From what I have heard and read, this is an outstanding draft for defense.   That's why it's most likely that a defensive player will be the best player available in round 3.   Not a RB. 

it's an outstanding draft for defensive tackle. But whatever, don't listen to me. In 3 years when this draft is being looked back on as pretty poor don't act surprised.

Jaguars need to stick to defense in this draft. Take Mack in free agency and use a mid round pick to take a developmental tackle. They can take an undrafted player at running back. Jonas Gray looks like a solid complement to Yeldon and Grant showed some signs of being the speed back this offense lacks.

I have to agree qith most people this class is stacked on defense. The WR dont have the top guys at the top other than Treadwell but it is very deep, RB class is deep, TE class is weak but it usually is, and the RB class is deep in the mid rounds. The oline class is meh imo. Luckily its deep on defense where we need th most help and deep at the WR positions in the mid to late rounds where other teams can pick them. Love the defense for this class though. Im thinking a back first or top 2nd round talent falls to the 3rd for us.