Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning didn't have much modesty or dignity when his Broncos got thrashed by Seattle

Quote:What about Peyton sacking himself and never chasing down interceptions? What about Peyton staying away from the ball when fumbling? The guy was really good at protecting himself no matter the situation.

Big difference between doing it in the regular season and doing it in the Super Bowl.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Big difference between doing it in the regular season and doing it in the Super Bowl.

True and I don't like Cam doing it.  I was just taking a chance to make sure I piled on Peyton.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 09:28 AM by UCF Knight.)

Quote:What about Peyton sacking himself and never chasing down interceptions?  What about Peyton staying away from the ball when fumbling?  The guy was really good at protecting himself no matter the situation.

That has a lot less to do with a bad attitude and a lot more to do with being unathletic, injury prone, and old.  You don't think the coaches told him to do that?  If it wasn't for him for nearly his whole career, whatever team he was on would have been garbage.  I would suggest Bortles do the same to be honest.

Edit:  In a Super Bowl - with the game on the line...if Peyton just stood there and looked at a fumble, or backed away, people would call him out too.

This whole story line where people want to bring up past instances now just goes back to making excuses for Cam.  Anyone can go back into history and cherry pick stories.  I can go back and find a lot more stories where players quit on their team, didn't go hard and were called out for it.

Quote:That has a lot less to do with a bad attitude and a lot more to do with being unathletic, injury prone, and old.  You don't think the coaches told him to do that?  If it wasn't for him for nearly his whole career, whatever team he was on would have been garbage.  I would suggest Bortles do the same to be honest.

Edit:  In a Super Bowl - with the game on the line...if Peyton just stood there and looked at a fumble, or backed away, people would call him out too.

This whole story line where people want to bring up past instances now just goes back to making excuses for Cam.  Anyone can go back into history and cherry pick stories.  I can go back and find a lot more stories where players quit on their team, didn't go hard and were called out for it.

Peyton's neck is held on by duct tape and a wire coat hanger. I wouldn't dive in there either.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Peyton wasn't always old you know.  He never chased down any interceptions.  I don't like the guy.  He is a stat guy not a leader.  He has no problem pointing fingers at teammates.  But yeah that is the competitor in him.

Look with all these ridiculous stat padding in the "modern" era, these guys aren't the greatest.  Give me Unitas over Peyton.  I was a big time Roger Staubach guy in the late 70's. Heck playing yard ball I made believed I was Tony on offense and randy white when playing defense.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

This thread is cute and all, but....

[Image: ApplesOranges.jpg]

Quote:This thread is cute and all, but....

[Image: ApplesOranges.jpg]

They're both fruits?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:They're both fruits?
Pome vs. citrus/hesperidium, dummy.

Quote:They're both fruits?

Don't bring your homophobic bigotry into th...

Oh, wait, they ARE both fruits.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 09:05 PM by jj82284.)

Just because theyre out to get u doesnt mean u didnt screw up.

The amount of race baiting by those like the OP is simply sad.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The amount of race baiting by those like the OP is simply sad.
The only one bringing up race is you.

Quote:The only one bringing up race is you.

I know your history, as do most.  Can't hide.

Why else compare Peyton to Cam?  Don't act like both aren't disliked.  But for you, I'd wager you like one over the other for one reason above all.

"Adonis," right?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I know your history, as do most.  Can't hide.

Why else compare Peyton to Cam?  Don't act like both aren't disliked.  But for you, I'd wager you like one over the other for one reason above all.

"Adonis," right?

If I knew how to attach a "Nail on the head" picture here I would.

Quote:If I knew how to attach a "Nail on the head" picture here I would.

[Image: 5934913973_istockphoto_280569_nail_head_...large.jpeg]

You're welcome!  Confusedweat:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:[Image: 5934913973_istockphoto_280569_nail_head_...large.jpeg]

You're welcome!  Confusedweat:

Appreciate it!