Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity

Quote:No one cares what Harris has to say. Cam was just the MVP, he had a chance to show people he's maturing and he's the QB.

QBs are treated differently. He has been trying to show people he's not a baby.

I personally don't care what he does but there are a lot of people who do. And he had a chance to show some class and that he can lose with dignity. He failed.

Let me get this straight.....a player can talk poop about Cam but it doesn't matter and it only matters what Cam does because he's the MVP?

GTFO

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've been a Cam guy because he brought Auburn a title. But, how he handled himself yesterday (including protecting himself instead of recovering the fumble) definitely left a little sour taste in my mouth.

I'm pretty sure he has a left shoulder injury, which is why he didn't run much at all. He grabbed his shoulder at one point and then afterwards he didn't move his left arm much.

Quote:Let me get this straight.....a player can talk poop about Cam but it doesn't matter and it only matters what Cam does because he's the MVP?

GTFO
Scam represents the league as a whole, he is the MVP. 

From Prime Time

"You are the face of our brand right now, you can't do that,"Sanders, an analyst on NFL Network, said after the game. "I understand the emotions of losing, but you can't do that. A Manning, a Brady ... all these guys who are a prototypical type of quarterback in our game, they're not going to do that ever. Would Drew Brees ever?”

Wait....we are quoting Sanders to support points now?

That's great

Now I know what the V in MVP stands for

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 08:53 PM by RicoTx.)

What a surprise. He can still do no wrong.

And your take on the fumble is laughable.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He had the QB equivalent of a Brandon Lloyd moment on that fumble.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1242395...l_duck.gif

Apparently I don't know how to embed a GIF.

Quote:Wait....we are quoting Sanders to support points now?

That's great
Michael Irvin thought it was immature as well.

I think his point in quoting Deion was to point out a former player's view of it. Which I don't see why that isn't valid.

cam just needs a snickers. He acts like a little [BLEEP] when he's hungry.

Quote:1) if you check out the images from the fumble Cam steps back because Kahlil is about to recover it. The ball squirted out from Ryan's hands. Cam would have just been jumping on him. I was [BAD WORD REMOVED] at the time but have later seen more of the story of that play and I get it.
You spelled DeMarcus Ware wrong. 

[Image: camfumble2.0.gif]

(i'm totally just messing with you - this stuff is funny to me - sorry) 

Hindsight is fitty, fitty.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 09:26 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:You spelled DeMarcus Ware wrong.

There is not another Panthers' player near that ball when Newton does his bunny hop.

You're right. It is funny.

Quote:You spelled DeMarcus Ware wrong. 

Cam actually had a chance to recover his own fumble if he just dove fast and hard over it. Would he have recovered it? Don't know but he definitely had a chance to if he just dove for it.

There is really nothing anyone can say to spin this from Cam bailing out from even trying to recover the fumble.

Was his shoulder, or anything else, injured and he didn't want to injure it more in pileup going for a fumble? Don't know, but he definitely didn't go hard after his own fumble while it was only a 6 point game. It's right there on film.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 09:56 PM by SeldomRite.)

I don't relish buckethead getting another championship, but at least it wasn't Cam. Also I see that znation has finally shut his trap and buggered off back to places where people care about the panthers.

I recall thinking, as Cam hesitated to try to go after the fumble while the game was still within reach, "Maybe it would help if he did a superman shirt rip."

Quote:I recall thinking, as Cam hesitated to try to go after the fumble while the game was still within reach, "Maybe it would help if he did a superman shirt rip."

I wasn't 'thinking' anything. I turned to my wife and said, "What a...um...kitty."

(My wife didn't appreciate the actual word that I used.)

I liked his attitude, i can see how some might think it is alot of bravado, but I think his heart was in the right place, maybe too much in the right place. There is nothing wrong with wanting to win, and its a hard pill to swallow, when you lose after such an impressive season.

Quote:This, on top of everything else that transpired?

Yeah...I could see Newton's response going the way it did.

On top of receivers dropping passes, Newton being sacked, hurried, knocked down a dozen times he is being made the scapegoat right now.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I see the new narrative for Cam supporters is what Peyton did in 2010. I saw a PFT article and a few more calling him out on it. Did it blew up like this? No, but Cam is also a much bigger personality than Peyton ever was.

Z...your take on the fumble is funny. Would he have gotten it? Who knows, but you've got to try.

Quote:On top of receivers dropping passes, Newton being sacked, hurried, knocked down a dozen times he is being made the scapegoat right now.

His receivers sucked, but Cam wasnt himself the whole night. There were throws in the first half where he had time and he sailed the ball a few feet over guys heads.

Denver was the best team in the NFL and with that defense could be back there next year.

The amount and depth of the excuses for this jerk, crybaby paper tiger are just amazing...

Thanks for the look into some of your minds, i needed cheering up. :woot:

I wish the best to Cam Karma Newton next year... learn from this, fix it.. or you will always be THAT guy who more people than not.. do not like.

What we do in life.. echoes in eternity. :thumbsup:

Quote:His receivers sucked, but Cam wasnt himself the whole night. There were throws in the first half where he had time and he sailed the ball a few feet over guys heads.

Denver was the best team in the NFL and with that defense could be back there next year.

He wasnt himself, but I was truly surprised of 2 things in the second half. 1, The coaching staff not giving Newton more freedom to audible at the LOS. I will always wonder did Carolina gameplan include giving Cam multiple audible packages?

The second thing was Involving Olsen more on blocking and releases at the LOS into the flat. He was Newton's best target all game and it seemed like Carolina didnt want to use Denver's strength against them.  

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.