Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity

Quote:Yeah.... it is fun to jump into a bunch of defenders to score a TD, but can't make an effort to recover a fumble in a one possession game.  Thomas Davis's arm says hello, Cam. 

By the way, the picture of that arm is disgusting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am late to the party on this thread. I have more of an issue with him quitting on the fumble with 4 minutes to go down 6. He just quit. The postgame I can understand to a point, but quitting in a game, in the Super Bowl with the game where it was, inexcusable.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I am late to the party on this thread. I have more of an issue with him quitting on the fumble with 4 minutes to go down 6. He just quit. The postgame I can understand to a point, but quitting in a game, in the Super Bowl with the game where it was, inexcusable.
We see eye to eye on this.

That other press conference stuff really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

But I think not diving after that fumble is going to kill him...not only in the fans and media's eyes, but in the eyes of players around the league, and perhaps some in his locker room.  He is going to take heat for that, and I can't say it's unjustified or overblown at all.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:We see eye to eye on this.

That other press conference stuff really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

But I think not diving after that fumble is going to kill him...not only in the fans and media's eyes, but in the eyes of players around the league, and perhaps some in his locker room.  He is going to take heat for that, and I can't say it's unjustified or overblown at all.
There is no way that play and his effort could be overblown. It was a pathetic effort, it was no effort at all. When it comes to the game itself, it doesn't get much worse.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:By the way, the picture of that arm is disgusting.
THAT is why Newton is going to catch flak for not diving after that fumble.  Thomas Davis played with a freaking broken arm in the Super Bowl.  He sacrificed for the game.  He gave it all, risking further injury, knowing it's the last game of the season and his team needed him.  The way people will look at Newton, either he didn't want to get down and dirty and risk injury like his teammates, or he quit.  He will have to win it all to erase that image from people's minds.

Cam Newton going after that ball

https://youtu.be/AnfbhdELQLA?t=1m24s

Cam explains himself and the press conference.

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/ca...ser-020916

Good for ya, Cam.

Is this horse dead enough yet?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Is this horse dead enough yet?

Dead horse dead.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Cam explains himself and the press conference.

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/ca...ser-020916

Good for ya, Cam.

Sorry, but that says nothing than what he's said all along.  He's going to do what he wants to do.

Whatever.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I didn't post the same thing... please...compare my posts.. and then get off ur high horse and moderate appropriately.

I will lodge a complaint about your obvious bias and your position here. I would RETHIINK your own postings before you go treating this place like your own private revenge forum.

Your not good at your 'job'.... 20K posts??  Do u even have a life?

I haven't broken any of your rules here.....None.... WHEN i post the same thing 100X... you are free to take your self important actions against me.... UNTIL then... get off my back.. I dont want or need your advice about rethinking my own actions or postings.

You are NObody and you have ZERO authority over me.. UNTIL... I deem it so.

So weak. :thanks:

Quote:and by the way....

Newton was... is.. and in all likelyhood.. will always be... a PUNK :thanks:<strong> </strong>

My opinion only...of course. :thumbsup:
YOU are a complete TOOL and an obvious jerk. Cam Newton is a punk in your opinion? Read your own words. You're a wanna be bully. You should be banned from posting solely due to the fact that you're beyond unlikable. 

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 03:47 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:YOU are a complete TOOL and an obvious jerk. Cam Newton is a punk in your opinion? Read your own words. You're a wanna be bully. You should be banned from posting solely due to the fact that you're beyond unlikable. 

My biggest issue with this is I'm not certain which emphasis to use for which font modification tool. Is he yelling when the word is bold or when it's in ALL CAPS? Or is he using slow diction during the bolded words, and making air quotes with the ones in ALL CAPS?

I mean, there's so many ways to interpret how he wants to be condescending. I feel like he should post a Reference Guide or just a simple syllabus so that we can keep up with which technique he's using to insult us.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:My biggest issue with this is I'm not certain which emphasis to use for which font modification tool. Is he yelling when the word is bold or when it's in ALL CAPS. Or is he using slow diction during the bolded words, and making air quotes with the ones in ALL CAPS.

I mean, there's so many ways to interpret how he wants to be condescending. I feel like he should post a Reference Guide or just a simple syllabus so that we can keep up with which technique he's using to insult us.

I don't get it.

Quote:Sorry, but that says nothing than what he's said all along.  He's going to do what he wants to do.

Whatever.
I didn't say he apologized for what he did.

Quote:There is no way that play and his effort could be overblown. It was a pathetic effort, it was no effort at all. When it comes to the game itself, it doesn't get much worse.

In all honesty, what he did in that press conference was good for him.  It took away some of the eyes on what happened during the game and on that play.  That play was an embarrassment and somehow his fans, coaches, and teammates somehow still stand up for him on that play. 

There are no excuses.

Quote:I didn't say he apologized for what he did.

I don't care one way or the other.  As a matter of fact I still haven't even seen the press conference.

My only comment is, if he's going to 'be his own man' he'd better be prepared to take some heat when he acts like what some would consider out of the norm.  

Quote:My biggest issue with this is I'm not certain which emphasis to use for which font modification tool. Is he yelling when the word is bold or when it's in ALL CAPS? Or is he using slow diction during the bolded words, and making air quotes with the ones in ALL CAPS?

I don't attack people often, but this dude is insufferable! You can tell he's a genuine creep!

Quote:I don't attack people often, but this dude is insufferable! You can tell he's a genuine creep!

Condescending jerk is more like it.  I was going to respond earlier, but he was doing a good job all on his own of digging deeper and deeper.

I made carne adovada for the first time for our super bowl party. It turned out amazing. I used real red Chile pods, not the powdered stuff.

Quote:I made carne adovada for the first time for our super bowl party. It turned out amazing. I used real red Chile pods, not the powdered stuff.
HAHA! Are you in the right thread Anchor?