Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl Prediction Thread

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 11:19 PM by jagabc6893.)

Have not seen one, so here goes.  Mods, merge my post if there is one.

If I had to bet, I'd take Carolina.  But...

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that Denver won.  Very specific.  Denver up 24-17 at the end of the 4th.  Newton leads Panthers down near Denver's 20 to try to tie it.  However, he throws a pick and it's returned for a TD.  Denver goes up 31-17, and the game ends that way after Carolina can't score.

Wouldn't mind seeing Peyton win one more for some reason.  I like him a lot more in Denver, and since he won me my Fantasy league a couple years ago.

Real prediction:  Carolina 27 - Denver 23, with Peyton failing to lead Broncos to a TD on final drive (Luke Kuechly INT).  Newton or Kuechly are MVP.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This thread should have a poll. I think you can still add one with the Edit button.

Panthers because Cam Newton is the better quarterback right now.

Broncos all the way! Peyton Manning is going to get it done one final time. Broncos 24 - Panthers 21

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Broncos all the way! Peyton Manning is going to get it done one final time. Broncos 24 - Panthers 21
For all the pain he's caused us in the past, I've always respected him as a man and as a person. If anyone deserves to go out on top in the biggest super bowl ever, it's him. Broncos 38 - Panthers 21.

Quote:For all the pain he's caused us in the past, I've always respected him as a man and as a person. If anyone deserves to go out on top in the biggest super bowl ever, it's him. Broncos 38 - Panthers 21.

Absolutely. It probably will be his last game, so I think a lot of fans will be pulling for him Sunday; Unfortunately I don't think Denver will score 38 points against Carolina's defense.

Panthers by 15.

Carolina on a pick 6 in the closing moments. Manning retires.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Carolina on a pick 6 in the closing moments. Manning retires.

Lol
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Hey remember that time in 2011, when a lot of the "experts" said Cam Newton would never be anything and Blaine Gabbert ( he of 16 TD's and 9 INT his last year) was going to be a great pro because he looked like a stud, prototypical QB while standing still? Yeah, about that...

What if the Panthers take Derrick Henry with pick #31 this year, AND get Kelvin Benjamin back, AND their defense gets better with other draft picks, while the other teams in the NFC South get worse?  I could definitely see another Super Bowl for them if Cam stays healthy.

Quote:Panthers by 15.
Better yet, 15 - 0... five FG's.  That would be.... not exciting. 

Quote:Better yet, 15 - 0... five FG's.  That would be.... not exciting. 

Ewww, that would suck. The Super Bowl is supposed to be the most exciting game in all professional sports.

For the first time ever, I'm pulling for Jughead.

Over/under on the Colts FO trying to hang another banner if their ex-QB goes out on top?
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:For the first time ever, I'm pulling for Jughead.

Over/under on the Colts FO trying to hang another banner if their ex-QB goes out on top?

Jim Irsay already asked Peyton Manning to sign a one-day retirement contract with the Colts.

Quote:Jim Irsay already asked Peyton Manning to sign a one-day retirement contract with the Colts.

Which means they will probably want to hang a participation banner if they lose.

Man predictions are tough to make.

I predict the Panthers will send Manning home with a 1-3 record in the SB and an overall 13-14 record in the playoffs.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I don't really want Manning to win but then again I don't really want Can to win either.

Ideal scenario is Manning gets injured/benched and Osweiler comes on and wins the game for the Broncos.

Quote:Ewww, that would suck. The Super Bowl is supposed to be the most exciting game in all professional sports.

I think that's behind the Soccer World Cup Final...

Anyway, I think Panthers 45-27 Broncos.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:I think that's behind the Soccer World Cup Final...

Anyway, I think Panthers 45-27 Broncos.

Soccer and exciting are kinda paradoxical.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Soccer and exciting are kinda paradoxical.

Haha... can't lie I love Soccer, but then, I am British..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Peyton rushes for two first downs

Quote:Peyton rushes for two first downs

I'll take the under on that prediction.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.