Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which Team Will Win the 2016 NFL Pro Bowl In Honolulu, Hawaii
Team Michael Irvin
Team Jerry Rice
[Show Results]

***Official 2016 NFL Pro Bowl Game Thread***

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2016, 06:13 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Hi, Jaguars fans! Smile 2016 NFL Pro Bowl alternate, and wide receiver Allen Robinson will represent the Jacksonville Jaguars playing for Team Irvin for the 2016 NFL Pro Bowl being played Sunday Morning in Honolulu, Hawaii. ESPN will televise the game on HD.

Sunny and clear skies at 81 degrees, is the forecast for the 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time, 1:00PM local Honolulu time kickoff from Aloha Stadium. NO injuries to all players, and GO A.R. and Team Irvin!!! :yes: Smile B) :thumbsup: ^_^

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.probowl.com/'>http://www.probowl.com/</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Pro_Bowl'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Pro_Bowl</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016013100/2015/PRO21/team-rice@team-irvin#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview'>http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016013100/2015/PRO21/team-rice@team-irvin#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview</a>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2016, 02:14 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Amelia screwed up again. Seven PM means it is a NIGHT game.

I am not rooting for Team Irvin. I just want Allen Robinson to play well and show why he should have been voted in.

Cage match.

Quote:Cage match.

[Image: 111jya1.jpg]

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2016, 02:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Amelia screwed up again. Seven PM means it is a NIGHT game.

I am not rooting for Team Irvin. I just want Allen Robinson to play well and show why he should have been voted in.
you need to be quicker. You snooze you lose!

It's not a night game in Honolulu.

Does anyone actually watch the "scrimmage" that is called The Pro Bowl?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Does anyone actually watch the "scrimmage" that is called The Pro Bowl?

Only for Jaguar players
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:It's not a night game in Honolulu.

It is not a morning game in Honolulu either. Local time is 1:00.

Quote:Only for Jaguar players

I don't even watch it for that.

Quote:Does anyone actually watch the "scrimmage" that is called The Pro Bowl?

Very rarely will I watch the Pro Bowl.   Last year was a rare exception.   Probably the first time since the 1990's.   It was a worse 'game' than the first pre-season games.

The only interest I have with the actual ' game'  is hoping that there are no significant injuries.   During the evening,  I plan on looking at various Twitter accounts to see any injury updates.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2016, 05:30 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Very rarely will I watch the Pro Bowl. Last year was a rare exception. Probably the first time since the 1990s. It was a worse 'game' than the first preseason games.

The only interest I have with the actual 'game' is hoping that there are no significant injuries. During the evening, I plan on looking at various Twitter accounts to see any injury updates.

I found this article about why the Pro Bowl is less competitive than real NFL games:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...k-about-it

Quote:In the past, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell admitted that the Pro Bowl could be abolished if the quality of play was not improved upon. Players consistently try and balance the need to put on a good show for fans against their desire not to get injured.

Quote:I found this article about why the Pro Bowl is less competitive than real NFL games:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...k-about-it

I think the nature of the Pro Bowl is such that there's nothing the NFL can realistically do to make the game itself interesting to the majority of NFL fans.  

Quote:   I think the nature of the Pro Bowl is such that there's nothing the NFL can realistically do to make the game itself interesting to the majority of NFL fans.  

There is: Move it back to after the Super Bowl so players in that game can play in it. One reason is sucks is guys like Cam Newton and DeMarcus Ware can't go to Hawaii.

Quote:There is: Move it back to after the Super Bowl so players in that game can play in it. One reason is sucks is guys like Cam Newton and DeMarcus Ware can't go to Hawaii.

At least from my perspective that wouldn't make a difference in making the game better.   The players that are participating in this year's Pro Bowl would be more than capable of putting on a great show if the game was under regular season or playoff conditions.   

D6 do you care about Lions players being in the Pro Bowl?

Quote:D6 do you care about Lions players being in the Pro Bowl?

I watched the game last year because Matthew Stafford was the first Lions QB since the 1971 season to play in a Pro Bowl.   Normally though,  all I care about is the Lions players and all of the participants getting out of the game w/o getting injured.   This year,  Ziggy Ansah is the only Lions player that will be playing in the game.  As much as I enjoy watching him play for the Lions,  it's not going to be enough for me to watch the game.

You might want to google about the rotation of the earth and time zone differences.

Where's the "who cares?" option?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:There is: Move it back to after the Super Bowl so players in that game can play in it. One reason is sucks is guys like Cam Newton and DeMarcus Ware can't go to Hawaii.

Completely irrelevant.

The pro bowl isn't a priority for a lot of star players beyond the bonus they might get for being selected. The Pro Bowl hasn't been compelling for several years for players or fans.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You might want to Google about the rotation of the earth and time zone differences.

Where's the "who cares?" option?

Are you saying Hawaii is not 6 hours behind Florida?