Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which Team Will Win the 2016 NFL Pro Bowl In Honolulu, Hawaii
Team Michael Irvin
Team Jerry Rice
[Show Results]

***Official 2016 NFL Pro Bowl Game Thread***

Quote:I'll pass. Not interested in watching half-speed, zero-effort, touch football with ridiculous rules. Waste of time

Despite all of this,  which I agree with,   Bengals TE Tyler Eifert still suffered a significant injury.   Hopefully,  Eifert will recover quickly and this will be the final Pro Bowl ' Game''.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...lking-boot

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Despite all of this,  which I agree with,   Bengals TE Tyler Eifert still suffered a significant injury.   Hopefully,  Eifert will recover quickly and this will be the final Pro Bowl ' Game''.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...lking-boot

Or make it worth playing. I don't know what that would be, but there has to be something that can make it worthwhile before we end up with the first ever back up QB starting the Pro Bowl because everyone ahead of them declined.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Or make it worth playing. I don't know what that would be, but there has to be something that can make it worthwhile before we end up with the first ever back up QB starting the Pro Bowl because everyone ahead of them declined.

Because of the nature of the game of football,  I just can't see a scenario that can make the Pro Bowl worth playing.   The risks associated with the Pro Bowl for players and their teams will always probably be much greater than the rewards.

One alternative solution would be for the NFL to have a version of a skills competition as part of a way to honor the players that were voted to the Pro Bowl.  

Bravo to this thread.

Quote:Despite all of this, which I agree with, Bengals TE Tyler Eifert still suffered a significant injury. Hopefully, Eifert will recover quickly and this will be the final Pro Bowl ' Game''.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000630768/article/bengals-tyler-eifert-leaves-pro-bowl-in-walking-boot'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000630768/article/bengals-tyler-eifert-leaves-pro-bowl-in-walking-boot</a>

Oh man,, that really, really stinks for Cincy fans (especially if it affects his readiness/availability for the start of next season). With Eifert in the lineup this season, Cincy's offense was much more explosive than in 2014 when both Eifert and Marvin Jones were out with injuries.

Yup, Probowl is a huge risk for these players. If the NFL doesn't find a way to really make it worth while, it just needs abolished or replaced with a skills competition.

Imagine this board if AROB got injured and was in a walking boot after that game. It would be very upsetting to people, to say the least.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Oh man,, that really, really stinks for Cincy fans (especially if it affects his readiness/availability for the start of next season). With Eifert in the lineup this season, Cincy's offense was much more explosive than in 2014 when both Eifert and Marvin Jones were out with injuries.

Yup, Probowl is a huge risk for these players. If the NFL doesn't find a way to really make it worth while, it just needs abolished or replaced with a skills competition.

Imagine this board if AROB got injured and was in a walking boot after that game. It would be very upsetting to people, to say the least.

Some good news under the circumstance.  Tyler Eifert should be fine by the spring when the Bengals off season team activities begin:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/2/2/1089...n-pro-bowl

I think a skills competition makes the most sense.  This way,  the top players from the NFL season can be recognized in a way that they can still provide skill oriented entertainment but w/o significant risk.