Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevathan or Jackson?

There is no way Denver can keep all of their defensive free agents. No doubt, Von Miller will be a top priority to be re-signed. However, it will be very difficult for them to also keep both Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. If you had your choice, which of these players would you rather see the Jaguars sign in free agency? Trevathan seems to fill a position of greater need (OTTO), however Jackson may have more upside and would improve the defensive line significantly. The interior pass rush with Marks and Jackson would be tough for most teams to handle and would open things up for Fowler and whoever else ends up at LEO.

My choice would be Jackson as Trevathan seems to be somewhat inconsistent. Which of these players would you prefer?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd take Trevathen. His coverage skills are very good and gives us Pozs replacement. I think Poz should be off the field on 3rd downs next year,he got abused in two or three games this season.

Hmm.. I dont know anything about these guys except for the Danny dude dropping the ball before scoring a few years ago.

I do know this though. Josh Norman.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Jackson is an awkward fit. Trevethan could be our SAM though.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

At first thought I say Jackson, but I do get that Danny fills a bigger need and helps more right off the bat Id believe. But something about Jackson....

I'm always weary trusting the ILBs in a dominant 3-4 front seven.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Hmm.. I don't know anything about these guys except for the Danny dude dropping the ball before scoring a few years ago.

I do know this though. Josh Norman.

Obviously you did not watch the AFC Championship Game. Malik Jackson was the MVP of that game, and rightfully so. If you watch MJ highlights you will be impressed. He wears #97.

The probability of Carolina tagging Josh Norman is pretty high. I would be shocked if the Panthers don't give him a big contract this year.

I would definitely choose Danny Trevathan for one reason: we need an upgrade at MLB. But man it would be so awesome to sign both guys.

Malik Jackson is the overall better player and will be significantly more expensive. Trevathan fills the bigger hole and will be cheaper. I'd lean Trevathan.

Quote:Malik Jackson is the overall better player and will be significantly more expensive. Trevathan fills the bigger hole and will be cheaper. I'd lean Trevathan.

We have enough money to pay Malik Jackson. The problem is John Elway will want to keep him in Denver if possible.

Vernon, Malik Jackson and Trevaithon or Irvin lets play!!!
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Yes to both.

Malik Jackson, as I want the inside DL help and pressure.  Jackson can collapse the inside pocket, making the outside guys more effective if the QB has issues stepping up.  Also, Marks is coming back now from 2 injuries, and I like another guy next to and rotating with him.  I am not sold yet on the young Bennett. 

I'd choose Trevathen

Quote:Malik Jackson, as I want the inside DL help and pressure.  Jackson can collapse the inside pocket, making the outside guys more effective if the QB has issues stepping up.  Also, Marks is coming back now from 2 injuries, and I like another guy next to and rotating with him.  I am not sold yet on the young Bennett. 

Michael Bennett just finished his rookie season. I expect some better things from him in 2016. But obviously I am not going to fool myself and call him an upgrade over Roy Miller right now.

Quote:Malik Jackson, as I want the inside DL help and pressure.  Jackson can collapse the inside pocket, making the outside guys more effective if the QB has issues stepping up.  Also, Marks is coming back now from 2 injuries, and I like another guy next to and rotating with him.  I am not sold yet on the young Bennett.
This

I like Trevathan.
Shock the world

Quote:I like Trevathan.

I do too. I also like Jackson.

It looks like we may have a chance at signing one of these players. From NFL.com:

Quote:Miller is an example of a team-wide trend. Most of Elway's best draft picks are now eligible for free agency. Defensive tackle Derek Wolfe just re-signed with the team two weeks ago, and it already looks like a bargain. Underrated defenders Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan could wind up striking it rich in free agency elsewhere while Elway focuses on Miller.

Count me in the Trevathan ledger.