Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kevin Byard S

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2016, 12:48 AM by JackCity.)

Playing on the south defense this week is Kevin Byard S Middle Tennessee 5'11 218

Career Stats

--------TKLs INT FF INTTDs

2012: 74.....4.....2......2

2013: 106....5....1....2

2014: 66.....6.....2.....0

2015: 66.....4.....0.....0

Caught my eye watching the practice and got a brilliant interception. Was MTs best player on the field against Alabama and got a INT before he was ejected in the 3rd for targeting.

Not sure if he has the range to play deep in the NFL but is definitely talented. Potential 3rd,4th,5th round pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

5'11" 226, 4.62, looks more like a weakside linebacker in the Bradley defense than a safety.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2016, 02:25 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:5'11" 226, 4.62, looks more like a weakside linebacker in the Bradley defense than a safety.

216 at the Senior Bowl,with the ball skills he has he's staying at safety,could play free safety fairly decently I think.

Quote:5'11" 226, 4.62
, looks more like a weakside linebacker in the Bradley defense than a safety.

That number worries me. On field speed may be different, so tape review along with this week of practice will be critical.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:That number worries me. On field speed may be different, so tape review along with this week of practice will be critical.

Only seen one game of his so hard to tell,caught Drake from behind on one run though.

Quote:Only seen one game of his so hard to tell,caught Drake from behind on one run though.

Bumping this because I just watched his game vs Alabama and was very impressed.

Looked very good (also read this in scouting reports) at lining up the coverages and truly looks to be a ballhawk. Not a thumper but seemed to be a solid tackler (scout worried that he is an ankle-tackler). Also saw that his speed was a concern, but he was fast enough to chase Kenyan Drake down so I will be curious what his 40 time is.

Our staff spent a lot of time with him at Senior Bowl, so he is definitely a guy to keep an eye on.

I like him.

Nice 4th or maybe even 5th round option IMO. Curious to see combine numbers. Stock could rise. Here's an interview.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...evin-byard

Quote:I like him.

Nice 4th or maybe even 5th round option IMO. Curious to see combine numbers. Stock could rise. Here's an interview.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25304479/meet-the-prospect-middle-tennessee-state-safety-kevin-byard'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25304479/meet-the-prospect-middle-tennessee-state-safety-kevin-byard</a>

Good read. Wouldn't mind drafting him and sitting him behind a vet FA like Weddle to get him acclumated to the NFL.

Quote:Bumping this because I just watched his game vs Alabama and was very impressed.

Looked very good (also read this in scouting reports) at lining up the coverages and truly looks to be a ballhawk. Not a thumper but seemed to be a solid tackler (scout worried that he is an ankle-tackler). Also saw that his speed was a concern, but he was fast enough to chase Kenyan Drake down so I will be curious what his 40 time is.

Our staff spent a lot of time with him at Senior Bowl, so he is definitely a guy to keep an eye on.

Probably my favourite prospect in the draft. Best ball skills out of the safetys,competition would be an issue but I think the Alabama game shows his strengths very well,had no problem with Henry and had a great INT.

If he runs a 4.5 like he says he will it would probably bump him up to a 3rd round pick. Should be on our watch list and frankly I would prefer to pick him in 4th or 5th than Ramsey in the first.

Quote:Probably my favourite prospect in the draft. Best ball skills out of the safetys,competition would be an issue but I think the Alabama game shows his strengths very well,had no problem with Henry and had a great INT.

If he runs a 4.5 like he says he will it would probably bump him up to a 3rd round pick. Should be on our watch list and frankly I would prefer to pick him in 4th or 5th than Ramsey in the first.
Personally, I'm kind of tired of drafting strong safeties and expecting them to play center field.

Quote:Personally, I'm kind of tired of drafting strong safeties and expecting them to play center field.

Byard is a FS and played the center fielder role in college.

Quote:Byard is a FS and played the center fielder role in college.
And if his 4.6 holds up at the combine, he won't be doing that in the pros.

Quote:Personally, I'm kind of tired of drafting strong safeties and expecting them to play center field.

He projects best as a free safety. Playing deep is probably his strongest area of play. Gets everybody lined up and QBs the defense.

He did a pretty solid amount of dropping into deep coverage and looked pretty good doing it in that Alabama cut-up. Even played single high a couple of times.  Aaaannnnnd then he got ejected for targeting. LOL.  

I don't think this guy's coverage skills are really in question, though. His speed may be a different story however.  One of those cases where the combine may actually be quite telling.  I'd stay tuned on this guy.  If he runs fast at the combine he may end up a late 2nd or  early 3rd rounder. 

Quote:He projects best as a free safety. Playing deep is probably his strongest area of play. Gets everybody lined up and QBs the defense.
And all I see is Josh Evans trying his heart out to play single-high, but not having the sideline-to-sideline speed to do it effectively.

Quote:And if his 4.6 holds up at the combine, he won't be doing that in the pros.

Meh, both Weddle and Gipson are both 4.6 guys at this point in their careers. We don't even know what Byard's 40 will be. If you watch the Bama game, Byard chases down Kenyan Drake, which is pretty impressive.

Quote:And all I see is Josh Evans trying his heart out to play single-high, but not having the sideline-to-sideline speed to do it effectively.

His speed isn't great but I think he has more than enough to be an effective safety. He's spoken a few times about working the last few weeks to get in the 4.4-4.5 range. Jairus Byrd ran a 4.6 btw.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2016, 03:35 PM by JackCity.)

My boy Kevin Byard ran a 4.46 at his pro day and had a 38" vertical. I doubt the Jaguars draft him but he is going to be a good player.

He is my favorite safety in the darft. DEFINITELY goat.

[BLEEP] you Tacks.

Its going to be tough watching him play twice a year.