Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom Bradys performance yesterday

It was his penance for Deflategate.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching Brady get dismantled was very satisfying.

The guy is an overrated, over glorified, over hyped above average system qb.

Quote:Watching Brady get dismantled was very satisfying.

Not sure if I would go that far, though admittedly that is EXACTLY how I feel about Joe Montana.

But if nothing else, yesterday's game showed how little pressure Brady has gotten over the course of his career and how he's capable of performing when he finally gets constant pressure.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Watching Brady get dismantled was very satisfying.

The key to trolling is being subtle with it.

Quote:The key to trolling is being subtle with it.

Tom Brady is the sux.

I tend to have to subtlety of a punch to the face landing square on the nose.

Quote:Not sure if I would go that far, though admittedly that is EXACTLY how I feel about Joe Montana.

But if nothing else, yesterday's game showed how little pressure Brady has gotten over the course of his career and how he's capable of performing when he finally gets constant pressure.

Lol, I didn't like Montana all that much either, but mainly because the niners beat up on Miami in marino's only super bowl appearance.

I'll say this for Brady, he's a top 10 qb, and a hall of famer. But I don't think he's anywhere close to the discussion of the GOAT QB.

Quote:Lol, I didn't like Montana all that much either, but mainly because the niners beat up on Miami in marino's only super bowl appearance.

I'll say this for Brady, he's a top 10 qb, and a hall of famer. But I don't think he's anywhere close to the discussion of the GOAT QB.

I'm not sure there's any QB I'd take over Brady.

Quote:I'm not sure there's any QB I'd take over Brady.

Yeah, that slow, unathletic weak armed dude that loves the check down is a formidable qb...

Why would you want a qb that can win you games without cheating, or a great defense, or a hof field goal kicker?

:-)

Quote:I'm not sure there's any QB I'd take over Brady.

How about a quarterback who does not cheat and and claim innocence?

Many quarterbacks fit that description. Tom Brady is not one of them.

Denvers defense was spot on yesterday...........their coverage was great. They were the reason Denver won as Peyton looked flat as he did with Pittsburgh.

Patriots fan here and I will be the first to admit the Pats played flat. Brady did not look like he brought his A game, but again Denvers defense was relentless!

Quote:Denvers defense was spot on yesterday...........their coverage was great. They were the reason Denver won as Peyton looked flat as he did with Pittsburgh.

Patriots fan here and I will be the first to admit the Pats played flat. Brady did not look like he brought his A game, but again Denvers defense was relentless!

What do you think of this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...eguglielmo

Quote:NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Patriots are parting ways with offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

This came after Tom Brady refused to blame his offensive line for failing to stop Denver's elite pass rushers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...e-job-done

Quote:Really?

Worst I've seen Brady in a playoff game was against the Ravens where he went 23/42 for 154 yards, 2 TD, and 3 INT.
True that might be worse

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Man some of you guys are ridiculous. The Patriots offense is predicated on quick, precise underneath throws. Despite the attempts to quickly got rid of the ball, Brady still got hit time and time again often with the rush getting to him just as he's throwing the ball. I don't know what else you want the QB to do.

Obviously he can't hold the ball and throw it deep, since they can't even protect him on shorter drops.

They can't max protect, since the Broncos were only rushing 4 most of the time (which means they'll have more guys to cover less receivers)

Watch both LT and RT by the Patriots. They were on skates. Most of the time they don't even get a hand on Ware or Miller. I mean, we've seen Luke get beat bad, but at least he falls flat on his face *after* getting a hand on the rusher. 

Volmer and their RT were practically statues against Miller/Ware's speed outside rush.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 11:36 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Man some of you guys are ridiculous. The Patriots offense is predicated on quick, precise underneath throws. Despite the attempts to quickly got rid of the ball, Brady still got hit time and time again often with the rush getting to him just as he's throwing the ball. I don't know what else you want the QB to do.

Obviously he can't hold the ball and throw it deep, since they can't even protect him on shorter drops.

They can't max protect, since the Broncos were only rushing 4 most of the time (which means they'll have more guys to cover less receivers)

Watch both LT and RT by the Patriots. They were on skates. Most of the time they don't even get a hand on Ware or Miller. I mean, we've seen Luke get beat bad, but at least he falls flat on his face *after* getting a hand on the rusher. 

Vollmer and their RT were practically statues against Miller/Ware's speed outside rush.

That should explain why the Patriots fired their OL coach one day later. The guys who were supposed to block Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe were bad too. They know how good Denver's pass rushers are. There is no excuse for playing the way they did against an elite defense.

Quote:He got hit more than any other QB in any other game this season. You must be a Jaguars fan who doesn't understand what a pass rush can do since you've probably never seen one.

Ayo whats good! I live on St. Simons too

More than anything regarding the AFC Championship Game,  I believe that the torn ACL that Patriots LT Nate Solder suffered during the regular season caught up to the Patriots yesterday.   This injury in essence weakened both Tackle positions.   Against most teams,   the Patriots were able to get away with it.   Not against the likes of Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.

Quote:More than anything regarding the AFC Championship Game,  I believe that the torn ACL that Patriots LT Nate Solder suffered during the regular season caught up to the Patriots yesterday.   This injury in essence weakened both Tackle positions.   Against most teams,   the Patriots were able to get away with it.   Not against the likes of Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.
Bingo, though I expected more from Vollmer, TBH.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:More than anything regarding the AFC Championship Game,  I believe that the torn ACL that Patriots LT Nate Solder suffered during the regular season caught up to the Patriots yesterday. This injury in essence weakened both Tackle positions.  Against most teams,  the Patriots were able to get away with it.  Not against the likes of Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.

Nate Solder was also out during the Week 12 meeting. What was different this time?

Quote:More than anything regarding the AFC Championship Game,  I believe that the torn ACL that Patriots LT Nate Solder suffered during the regular season caught up to the Patriots yesterday.   This injury in essence weakened both Tackle positions.   Against most teams,   the Patriots were able to get away with it.   Not against the likes of Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.

I don't understand why the great Belly Ache didn't make any half time adjustments.  I guess they didn't have anyone that could throw a chip in on the way out to the flat.  I kept waiting for adjustments but they seemed to do the same thing over and over.  I guess I'll have to let up a little on the Gus Bus.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.