Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Waiting for Wilson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWB1QlEofuU

I'm glad that we have BB5, but man, what if we got Wilson in 2012? would things be any different then they are now?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWB1QlEofuU

I'm glad that we have BB5, but man, what if we got Wilson in 2012? would things be any different then they are now?

He would've already died behind that line we had.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm glad we didn't. Bortles is better

Ur sick in the head. I love blake but russel is on Another level. If we resigned podlesh i have very little doubt he would have been the pick. Hes everything gene believed in.

Quote:Ur sick in the head. I love blake but russel is on Another level. If we resigned podlesh i have very little doubt he would have been the pick. Hes everything gene believed in.

Not really.  Is Russel going to grow taller?  Blake is a grinder and worker just like Russel.  I think it is going to pay off for us.  The AFC is down and I'm glad Brady v Manning is going away.  Time for fresh blood.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

i'll take Bortles over Russel,  Wilson is an ankle injury away from being largely ineffective

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I'm glad we didn't. Bortles is better

Lol, stop it. He's not on Wilson's level yet.

Eh.  I've never coveted Wilson. 

I like the guy we got.

The 2012 draft was not good for us at all.

Imagine if instead of the walking DUI we took Luke Kuechly.  Wouldn't even have to trade up, then we'd have a 4th round pick to waste on a punter instead of a 3rd round pick and move up to take a guy who barely played in the NFL because he liked driving drunk more than he liked playing football.  (Still remember wanting Michael Floyd, and everyone kept bringing up his DUIs, and then when I brought up Blackmons, everyone dismissed it)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:He would've already died behind that line we had.

He survived without any serious injury behind our bad OL playing in probably the best defensive division in the league over the last four years. I think he would be just fine behind your OL as well.

Quote:i'll take Bortles over Russel,  Wilson is an ankle injury away from being largely ineffective

Don't think so. His athleticism is a plus, but he's developed into a very good pocket passer. He just need a better protection and I hope we'll improve our OL in the offseason.

Quote:Eh.  I've never coveted Wilson. 

I like the guy we got.
I like the guy we got too, but I still can't take him over Wilson at this point.

Wasn't Wilson like 24-1 TD-INT ratio down the stretch this year?

On top of his back to back Super Bowl appearances and one ring?

I hope and wish Bortles gets to that level play.  But he isn't there yet,

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I like the guy we got too, but I still can't take him over Wilson at this point.

I hope and wish Bortles gets to that level play. But he isn't there yet,
Wilson has been and still is better, sure, but he'd have struggled plenty behind the lines we've had since he was drafted - and I just really like our boy's long term potential. That's all. Not debating who's better. Just feel good moving forward with who we have at the position.

Quote:Wilson has been and still is better, sure, but he'd have struggled plenty behind the lines we've had since he was drafted - and I just really like our boy's long term potential. That's all. Not debating who's better. Just feel good moving forward with who we have at the position.
Gotcha.

I am stoked about Bortles' long term prospects.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I like the guy we got too, but I still can't take him over Wilson at this point.

I hope and wish Bortles gets to that level play.  But he isn't there yet,

Quote:Wilson has been and still is better, sure, but he'd have struggled plenty behind the lines we've had since he was drafted - and I just really like our boy's long term potential. That's all. Not debating who's better. Just feel good moving forward with who we have at the position.

Wilson this past season was much much further along in his development as a QB than Blake was. Maybe this horse is already dead, but I can't get over that the guy threw 30+ TDs in only his second year of having a QB coach. Wilson is a fine QB and I have nothing but admiration and respect for him, but he had a massive head start on Bortles at the beginning of the 2015 season.

I look forward to watching Blake capitalize on his potential and I'll leave it at that.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:The 2012 draft was not good for us at all.

Imagine if instead of the walking DUI we took Luke Kuechly. Wouldn't even have to trade up, then we'd have a 4th round pick to waste on a punter instead of a 3rd round pick and move up to take a guy who barely played in the NFL because he liked driving drunk more than he liked playing football. (Still remember wanting Michael Floyd, and everyone kept bringing up his DUIs, and then when I brought up Blackmons, everyone dismissed it)

I blame what happened to Blackmon on the state of the organization at the time. It's improved since then. Blackmon should have went to an organization that should have baby sat him (Cowboys and Dez).

The Browns have a weak organization, and look at Josh Gordon and Manziel as examples.
No commercial messages in sigs

I'm happy we have Bortles, but Wilson is the better player right now. If Bortles keeps improving, he will be just as good, if not better.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Don't think so. His athleticism is a plus, but he's developed into a very good pocket passer. He just need a better protection and I hope we'll improve our OL in the offseason.
5 good games against mediocre defenses doesn't make him a good pocket passer.  He played minnesota well in the regular season when their 3 best players were out and in the playoffs made the majority of his yards on one broken play.  

Ya he had 5 good games from the pocket against terrible defenses, that does not make him a very good pocket passer he is not a very good pocket passer against any team with a decent defense.

Go Jags!

Quote:I'm happy we have Bortles, but Wilson is the better player right now. If Bortles keeps improving, he will be just as good, if not better.

I honestly think Bortles is better, Wilson just has the better team.

Go Jags!

Quote:He survived without any serious injury behind our bad OL playing in probably the best defensive division in the league over the last four years. I think he would be just fine behind your OL as well.

Don't think so. His athleticism is a plus, but he's developed into a very good pocket passer. He just need a better protection and I hope we'll improve our OL in the offseason.

Your bad offensive line? Please.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:He survived without any serious injury behind our bad OL playing in probably the best defensive division in the league over the last four years. I think he would be just fine behind your OL as well.

Ummm. No. (nothing personal - I like Wilson just fine - but you may not realize how bad the lines have been here)

Our line this season was the best it's been in 4 years and our QB still took an ungodly number of hits. 

While Wilson may have "been fine"  physically, his production numbers would have been significantly less had he played in Jax since being drafted.  I'd bet my right arm on it.