Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London to have an NFL team by 2022

So according to MSN sports London will have their own team by 2022. Of coarse the Jags have been named as a possible team to move as they are owned by Shad Khan

here is the article 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/repo...li=BBnb7Kz

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NFL spokesperson issued a statement that it's false
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

cool, MSN never checks their facts 

There is absolutely no reason to believe the Jaguars are moving there. Shad Khan made it very clear he will not leave Jacksonville through both words and actions.

Quote:So according to MSN sports London will have their own team by 2022. Of coarse the Jags have been named as a possible team to move as they are owned by Shad Khan

here is the article 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/repo...li=BBnb7Kz

yeah, I just saw this article on MSN just now.  

Quote:NFL spokesperson issued a statement that it's false

Do you have the link?

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2016, 10:06 PM by duncan32244.)

Quote:There is absolutely no reason to believe the Jaguars are moving there. Shad Khan made it very clear he will not leave Jacksonville through both words and actions. 

Cleveland, Baltimore, St. Louis, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, Houston Oilers, Oakland (again), St Louis ( again),  That being said, anyone can move.  No one thought that the Baltimore  Colts or the Cleveland  Browns would ever leave !

Go Navy! Support our returning veterans!

Quote:yeah, I just saw this article on MSN just now.  

Do you have the link?

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'>Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/689826250144235521' title="10:06 AM - 20 Jan 2016">11h11 hours ago</a>
<p class="" style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">NFL spokesman just emailed to say BBC report about an NFL team in London by 2022 is NOT true

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">There's also a few articles out about it too.

Quote:yeah, I just saw this article on MSN just now.  

Do you have the link?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-comments/

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong  11h11 hours ago
<p style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">NFL spokesman just emailed to say BBC report about an NFL team in London by 2022 is NOT true

<p style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">There's also a few articles out about it too.

</div>

It just ticks me off.  I spent the weekend with my brother who lives in Denver.  He's an idiot and made a [BLEEP] London Jaguar joke of which I had to ignore, because my wife has told me I could not fight with him during this trip.

And then this stupid MSN article.  It's just really frustrating.  Now I'm gonna have to hear it from him next time I talk to him.  

If there is one thing I have learned following Fulham since Khan bought the club, it's that the British media makes the American media look like Puritans when it comes to ethics and journalistic integrity.

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-comments/

Thanks.  This article is the common sense reasoning that we all know.  Of course, the MSN article is the article everyone will remember.  

Quote:If there is one thing I have learned following Fulham since Khan bought the club, it's that the British media makes the American media look like Puritans when it comes to ethics and journalistic integrity.

MSN doesn't come out looking anybetter either. 

Quote:MSN doesn't come out looking anybetter either. 
No, but they didn't do any of the sourcing for the story they just took the BBC article and pushed it down the river some more.

Did I click on NFL At Large by mistake?

yep typical lazy journalism, no fact checking whatsoever, just regurgitating what someone else said.

Duncan, I assume you fully understand every city on that list failed to support the team and provide a better stadium. Jacksonville, on the other paw, is getting the most assistance for stadium and practice field improvements of any team that has a lease with the city. Any real Jaguars fan knows Shad Khan has been making tons of stadium and practice field improvements with the full support of Jacksonville's City Council. It is the exact opposite of what every team that moved out of its city had.

The only way there's going to be a NFL team in London, is if they plan on moving at least 4 teams to London. Only one team in London will never work. Teams cannot fly back and forth every week and no team is going to play 4 straight home games, then fly to the States and play 4 straight road games. It's not going to happen.

What if you get a player injured in your Thursday practice. Have to get somebody in the states to give some guy on the streets a physical and fly them out Friday/Friday night (what if they're on the west coast when you call said FA). Now they arrive in London, mid Saturday? They're expected to play at a high level on Sunday morning? Isn't happening.

Quote:The only way there's going to be a NFL team in London, is if they plan on moving at least 4 teams to London. Only one team in London will never work. Teams cannot fly back and forth every week and no team is going to play 4 straight home games, then fly to the States and play 4 straight road games. It's not going to happen.

What if you get a player injured in your Thursday practice. Have to get somebody in the states to give some guy on the streets a physical and fly them out Friday/Friday night (what if they're on the west coast when you call said FA). Now they arrive in London, mid Saturday? They're expected to play at a high level on Sunday morning? Isn't happening.

The NFL is all about money. As we speak 1 British Pound equals $1.42 US Dollar. There's plenty enough reason to believe the NFL will find a way to make it work over there.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Did I click on NFL At Large by mistake?

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:The NFL is all about money. As we speak 1 British Pound equals $1.42 US Dollar. There's plenty enough reason to believe the NFL will find a way to make it work over there.

There is no reason to think it would work. You have to look at the interests of players and coaches, who have personal lives outside of football and families or girlfriends. Think about the time differences too: eight hours for West Coast teams and seven for the Broncos and Cardinals. Even the Jaguars lose five hours when they fly to London.