Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Would you still root for the Jags (or any other team if they are your favorite) if they relocated to another city?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Would you still root for the team if the Jags relocated? (MERGED)

You'd be a fan of the murder of DUUUUUUUUVVVVVAAAAAAAALLLL?  Surely you jest.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The NFL overall is borderline unwatchable for me. So without having a local team to cheer for I would no longer watch or care about football
GO Jaguars
;

The NFL would be dead to me if the Jaguars were to relocate.  Bitter?  Yes.  Scorned?  Uh huh.  Borderline childish?  You betcha.

I'm being honest here.....the NFL would be dead to me.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

no

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'd still be a fan, but the Italian in me would want to send a couple of guys to "talk" to the guy that moved them...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Probably not, unless they moved to Columbus.  Columbus will never have a team, too close to a lot of NFL cities.

No. I feel no compulsion to remain loyal to a franchise that would leave where I live. Of course, J'ville is small bananas compared to other markets... like say London; so it wouldn't surprise me if they did move. I just wouldn't be a Jag fan anymore.

I went to Northern High School - Bears, and played Football and Baseball and  Wrestled.  In 11th grade I Moved across town and played Football and Baseball and Wrestled for Cumberland Valley HS - The Eagles.

I stopped wearing my Bears stuff when I moved and became a CV Eagle.

I's a Jags fan cause I'm here.  They are in my back yard.  My home Team. I go to games, follow the team, and feed my kids with paraphernalia.  I don't live in Dallas Chicago or Pittsburgh.  I live in Jax.

To take it one step deeper....I lived outside of Baltimore.  I was 10 when they packed up and left (sucks for st Louis)....No FN way am I a "colts" fan.  I didn't live in Indy. 

Quote:This very likely would be how I would respond if the Lions moved.  

At least from my point of view,  if a team moves,  they are no longer the same franchise.  What makes things even worse is when the team nickname,  logos,  uniforms,  and history also move when a team moves.    As bad as the Cleveland Browns have been collectively since the franchise was reborn in 1999,  at least they still have the foundation of their franchise.
You are one of the reasons I made this thread in the NFL at Large section. There are fans of other teams that visit and post on this board.

---------------------------------

To answer my own question, I think I would still be a fan and root for the team if they relocated. I think something like this gives you an opportunity to pick a new team if you want, which I would probably do. I'd probably start rooting for the Packers or something. But I'd definitely continue to root and be a fan of the Jags even if they moved.

It wouldn't stop me from watching the NFL either, even though the Jags losing has taken its toll on me over the last few years and I've been watching more baseball and hockey lately.

Yes I would, but I'm not from the City...

No, I root for the Jags because they are the JACKSONVILLE Jaguars.    If they moved, I'd go back to being just a New Orleans fan (I was born there and still have family there).   I lived in Houston for several years, so I was an Oilers fan too, right up until they day they moved to Tennessee.  

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 02:09 PM by Perkolater.)

EDIT:  Post duplicated when threads merged

I moved to Florida in 1996 from LA.  So I had no team  when I moved and thus the Expansion Jags became my team.  So the answer to your question is hell no.  I am still a Jags fan even with the Rams moving back to LA, as long as they stay in Jax. 

I couldn't pull for the London Jaguars. I'm too American for that.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

No I'd probably be a Miami Dolphins fan meh. My sister lives in San Antonio if they moved there maybe.

No, if they leave me, I will leave them.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Jags fan?  No, I only started being a fan of this team because they are the home team

Bucs fan? Yes, I dont live in Tampa so no biggie. 

Quote:You are one of the reasons I made this thread in the NFL at Large section. There are fans of other teams that visit and post on this board.

---------------------------------

To answer my own question, I think I would still be a fan and root for the team if they relocated. I think something like this gives you an opportunity to pick a new team if you want, which I would probably do. I'd probably start rooting for the Packers or something. But I'd definitely continue to root and be a fan of the Jags even if they moved.

It wouldn't stop me from watching the NFL either, even though the Jags losing has taken its toll on me over the last few years and I've been watching more baseball and hockey lately.

Thank you!

This is an excellent topic that I definitely wanted to address.

Even 3 days later,  I'm still very disturbed that St. Louis lost another NFL team.   In reality,  this could have been Detroit or Jacksonville.   Like the Lions and Jaguars,  the Rams have had some tough times this century.   Far too many tough times for each fan base.   The Lions had some very rough stretches in the 1960's,  1970's, and 1980's as well.

The difference between Detroit and Jacksonville,  vs. St. Louis is our respective favorite teams have ownership that's committed to the area the team has a long history in.   Despite Stan Kroenke's Missouri roots and being named for two St. Louis Baseball Cardinals greats,  he put money and possibly over motivations over commitment to making the best possible attempt in the market his team was based in.  

Though I certainly respect you and other Jaguars fans that would still root for the team if they moved,   like with most subjects,  there's different ways of viewing the situation.   As a Lions fan,  I can't even imagine the team not having an annual Thanksgiving Day game in the Detroit area,  since that tradition started in 1934 and has existed except in the WWII years.   If the team wasn't the Detroit Lions,  it wouldn't be the franchise I have rooted for since 1970.    It's very hard from my perspective to separate the team history from the area its based in. 

The bottom line is fans like all of us don't have much,  if any say individually.  But collectively,  it would benefit us if we stood together against the likes of Stan Kroenke and Jerry Jones.   Hopefully,  the Jaguars will never be a serious candidate to move to London ( or anywhere.  ).  But eventually,  the NFL is going to try to get into the London market with one or more teams.    This is the direction the NFL is going in.    Even semi large markets like Detroit are in eventual danger of losing teams.   This is that much more the case with small markets ( other than Green Bay  )  unless fans collectively can somehow have a voice that the league ( s )  have to listen too.