Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hue Jackson new HC of the Browns

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 04:20 PM by jagfanthrutherottenyears.)

NVM then.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Mods please delete, false tweet.

Looks like you were right and didn't even know it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:How many of y'all failed to catch on that this isn't true? They covered it in the first couple of posts.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14562572/sources-say-hue-jackson-agreed-terms-browns'>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14562572/sources-say-hue-jackson-agreed-terms-browns</a>

Schefter and others are reporting it.

RIP

My condolences to Jackson's family upon the death of his coaching career.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14562572/sources-say-hue-jackson-agreed-terms-browns'>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14562572/sources-say-hue-jackson-agreed-terms-browns</a>

Schefter and others are reporting it.

LOL, oops.

And sucks for Hue.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Was hoping better for him....Wish him the best as a Brown but....its the browns.

Also I find it funny some people wait unti NFL.com posts news...they are always so late on news IMO. Even compared to CBS Sports/ESPN and ect.....

Should we hold on to gus for 2016 and 2017 so we can get Hue in 2018 when Cleveland makes another rash HC change?

Report up on PFT that Jackson will be cutting ties with Manziel.

I wonder, did the Browns get him to sign on the dotted line by giving him more control than, for example, the Giants were willing to?

Would be funny if the Browns end up with more wins than us next season. 

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 05:23 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Would be funny if the Browns end up with more wins than us next season. 
No, it'd be sad. Very sad. You guys have no idea how much I wanted Hue Jackson here. Greg Roman was choice 1B for me, and luckily it looks like he'll still be there in 2017. If he gets another solid year out of Tyrod Taylor, who's a perpetual journeyman type with nothing really special about his passing ability, he may well be a hot candidate next season along the lines of a Gary Kubiak (pre-Houston) or Mike Zimmer type. "How has he not been a head coach yet?" kind of thing.

As a Browns fan as well, I really like this hire. The GM situation needs to be addressed. Waiting for the bonehead move sure to happen. They will hire a local hot dog vendor.

Quote:As a Browns fan as well, I really like this hire. The GM situation needs to be addressed. Waiting for the bonehead move sure to happen. They will hire a local hot dog vendor.
What's the availability of that homeless guy who told Haslam to draft Johnny Manziel?

Quote:What's the availability of that homeless guy who told Haslam to draft Johnny Manziel?

Haslem paid for an analytics report that told them to pick Bridgewater. Box car Willy's input was apparently more convincing to Jimmy.