Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kong

When I was a young man, I loved King Kong (The movie), does anyone remember when they would play the black & white movie every year on Thanksgiving day? (it was possibly before the NFL turned Thanksgiving day into a broadcast staple of the day)  I watched it every year (every year).  Over all those years, I would also watch it when I would run across it, anytime, anyplace.  I have also watched every re-make since the original (including Mighty Joe Young, the knockoff), but none have ever been as special to me as the original Kong.

Maybe it is the childhood nostalgia, and possibly no remake will ever be able to compare with my youth ... That doesn't stop me from being really excited to see this newly released Kong. I am as excited as a Star Wars nerd ... But, a lot older.

Someone please tell me they seen it this weekend, and it was super great.  I didn't go this weekend, mainly because the crowds would ruin it. I would prefer ... me/myself/popcorn/Kong.  I can wait to be blown away, again .... It has been a long time.  It will suck if it sucks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is one I'm deferring to video.

Judging from the trailers, to me it looks like a studio greenlit remakes of King Kong, Apocalypse Now, and Hot Shots!, then decided they didn't have the money to do them all... so they did them all in one.

I loved them all from the beginning, but this looks really, really ill-advised to me.

With all the bad remakes, they should just put "Not " in the title of them.

Not Ghostbusters

Not Clash of the Titans

Not The Karate Kid

I'd like to be wrong about Kong, but I'll certainly be waiting for it to hit HBO or Netflix to find out.  Might not be a long wait, judging from the trailers.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

King Kong (1933) is my fav movie

The claymation dinos

The log over the ravine scene

The epic jaw tear of the T. rex

Epic finale

Peter Jackson's remake was abhorrent

But this looks like good fun

Quote:King Kong (1933) is my fav movie

The claymation dinos

The log over the ravine scene

The epic jaw tear of the T. rex

Epic finale

Peter Jackson's remake was abhorrent

But this looks like good fun

I love that one too. It was a masterpiece for the time and tech.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What made Peter Jackson's was the scene just before the building ascent.  Very well done.

Jackson moved it back closer to the original than the modernized 76 version that got a bit too political, but was still very good despite that.

All three core films stand well on their own.

This one looks like just another foul Hollywood cash-in on an existing product, and a setup to film for Godzilla vs Kong.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2017, 08:51 PM by Sammy.)

Too bad Fay Wray was too young for me. Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvD3X3RcK3Y

Saw it, thought it was decent, not the same story line as the other Kong movies

My wife and I were watching the Jackson one last weekend and the commercial for the new one came on. She looked confused and asked why they remade the same movie again. I just said, "hollywood's been out of ideas for years now." Then we laughed and laughed and watched the rest of the movie.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2017, 02:08 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:My wife and I were watching the Jackson one last weekend and the commercial for the new one came on. She looked confused and asked why they remade the same movie again. I just said, "hollywood's been out of ideas for years now." Then we laughed and laughed and watched the rest of the movie.

Did somebody say something that was funny, or was it the hallucinogenics?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Did somebody say something that was funny, or was it the hallucinogenics?

[Image: 64392469.jpg]

Whoa, Sammy's alive?!

Quote:Whoa, Sammy's alive?!
Someone cut him out of the jorts he was stuck in the last couple years apparently.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Too bad Fay Wray was too young for me. Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvD3X3RcK3Y
Love those old dino fights. I was a big Godzilla fan as a kid, or as me and my brother said 'gooo-zilla' since that's what it sounded like the Japanese were saying. I hope they don't remake it, the 90's remake was bad enough.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Love those old dino fights. I was a big Godzilla fan as a kid, or as me and my brother said 'gooo-zilla' since that's what it sounded like the Japanese were saying. I hope they don't remake it, the 90's remake was bad enough.

They just did it a year or so back.

Quote:They just did it a year or so back.

The 90's remake was abysmal, because the director was not a Godzilla fan and didn't watch any of the old films. He knew nothing about the character or the formula of the movies. The 2014 film was fantastic in my opinion, because the director in this film was a big fan of the original movies and followed the look of the creature and the structure of filming that all of the Toho versions did. Unfortunately, we're getting a new director for the next film and I'm not too impressed with his recent resume. Hopefully, he'll surprise me.

Quote:The 90's remake was abysmal, because the director was not a Godzilla fan and didn't watch any of the old films. He knew nothing about the character or the formula of the movies. The 2014 film was fantastic in my opinion, because the director in this film was a big fan of the original movies and followed the look of the creature and the structure of filming that all of the Toho versions did. Unfortunately, we're getting a new director for the next film and I'm not too impressed with his recent resume. Hopefully, he'll surprise me.

Yeah. Godzilla is not a dinosaur or a big lizard, he's something else entirely.

Quote:Yeah. Godzilla is not a dinosaur or a big lizard, he's something else entirely.

Roland Emmerich made him look like some giant, bipedal iguana in the 1998 version. He didn't even know that Godzilla was able to breathe fire. And don't get me started on having Matthew Broderick as the lead. A broadway actor leading a Godzilla film? I kept waiting for him to break out in song. If a company is going to re-boot a major movie franchise, the director should be forced to watch the past films, so he at least knows why people liked the franchise so much. Emmerich was so determined to do things his own way that Godzilla fans don't even acknowledge his film as part of the Godzilla universe. 

Even as a young lad, I knew a Faye Wray/King Kong romance was impossible. In this case, size not only matters, it's a matter of life and death. I was a kid, but certain things are readily apparent.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Even as a young lad, I knew a Faye Wray/King Kong romance was impossible. In this case, size not only matters, it's a matter of life and death. I was a kid, but certain things are readily apparent.

Then explain to me the Gerbil romance possibilities.