Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bloodborne - gameplay and strategy

Quote:I have to say Gascoigne might be the most fun fight in the game

I just wish I could figure out how to pronounce his name.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I have to say Gascoigne might be the most fun fight in the game

Definitely. Him, Orphan, Ludwigs, Pthumerian Elder/Descendant, and Lady Maria were all really fun bosses to me

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I just wish I could figure out how to pronounce his name.

Gas-coin.

Quote:Gas-coin.

Ya know, I shoulda figured it would be something easy...

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE3tMn42OEE

The father Gascoigne story

I think I'm coming up on the end of the game but I also think I have a bunch of nonsense to do.  I just killed the big brain and saw the lady in the white dress but didn't go on from there just kind of backtracked.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Now don't go dropping spoilers on me folks. I've re-started the game but I never finished the first time around so I'm still very much in the dark with a lot of the story.

Quote:Now don't go dropping spoilers on me folks. I've re-started the game but I never finished the first time around so I'm still very much in the dark with a lot of the story.
The way these games are built I'm not even sure I ever understand the story enough to spoil anything.   in fact I've managed to kill something like 5 bosses since my last update of saying i think i'm almost done lol

Go Jags!

Quote:Now don't go dropping spoilers on me folks. I've re-started the game but I never finished the first time around so I'm still very much in the dark with a lot of the story.

That's the great thing about Bloodborne; I don't think anyone understands it enough to spoil it for anyone

I understand some parts of it, but I couldn't possibly tell you why any of that is happening

Quote:That's the great thing about Bloodborne; I don't think anyone understands it enough to spoil it for anyone

I understand some parts of it, but I couldn't possibly tell you why any of that is happening

Probably my favorite thing about them and why the replay ability is so great.  I was dying to play this game and finally got a ps4 and started about a month ago.  Now I get to wait for darksouls 3 and get lost in that for a while.  Makes me wish more games were built like this.

Go Jags!

I may be getting into the nuts and bolts of this a bit much, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the "scaling" aspect of the weapons. Is it that some are more effective as a particular aspect is increased (SKL / STR / ARC), or that they simply react better to certain buffs such as the stones or the "fire paper" et al?

Quote:I may be getting into the nuts and bolts of this a bit much, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the "scaling" aspect of the weapons. Is it that some are more effective as a particular aspect is increased (SKL / STR / ARC), or that they simply react better to certain buffs such as the stones or the "fire paper" et al?

each weapon has letters corresponding to it from best to worst S A B C D E -   I'll see if i can break this down better from here  So say your weapon has an S in strength  you take the base damage it does say 100, for every point of strength you have it scales at the S level which i'm not sure what actually is but lets say S= 5x.   if you have 20 strength you get 100 base damage + 100 scaling damage.    Say A scaling is 4x  100+ 80  ..  

Long story short whatever your weapon you use is you want to match its highest letter with the level you raise.  So if a weapon has A in scaling for skill and B in scaling for strength if you want to stick with that weapon the more important level to raise is skill.

It is strange because based on how you build your character any weapon in the game can be really good, but the best weapon in the game with the wrong leveling can be crap.   Also there is no real way to determine the best weapon because the game does a very good job at balancing them all.

Go Jags!

Quote:each weapon has letters corresponding to it from best to worst S A B C D E -   I'll see if i can break this down better from here  So say your weapon has an S in strength  you take the base damage it does say 100, for every point of strength you have it scales at the S level which i'm not sure what actually is but lets say S= 5x.   if you have 20 strength you get 100 base damage + 100 scaling damage.    Say A scaling is 4x  100+ 80  ..  

Long story short whatever your weapon you use is you want to match its highest letter with the level you raise.  So if a weapon has A in scaling for skill and B in scaling for strength if you want to stick with that weapon the more important level to raise is skill.

It is strange because based on how you build your character any weapon in the game can be really good, but the best weapon in the game with the wrong leveling can be crap.   Also there is no real way to determine the best weapon because the game does a very good job at balancing them all.

Ah ha! This makes more sense. I was wondering about the "A B C D E" indicators; now I think I can wrap my head around this a little bit. So you really can trick out your character for a specific weapon!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2016, 02:07 PM by realtorpat.)

Quote:Ah ha! This makes more sense. I was wondering about the "A B C D E" indicators; now I think I can wrap my head around this a little bit. So you really can trick out your character for a specific weapon!
Ya its pretty crazy, thats why everyone talks about strength builds or arcane builds.  Mine started as a skill build but has evolved to be skill, strength, arcane.  The souls games have more options as well.  Basically any weapon that has an S or an A can be a top weapon on the right build regardless of the weapons base physical damage stats.

You can also screw yourself over pretty well by investing in the wrong stats or switching to the wrong weapon for your build.

The souls games also have high physical damage weapons with no scaling, like I said of all the weapons in the game probably about half have a chance to be a top weapon in the game depending on your build and like the souls game I'm sure there are weapons that look good but lack scaling.

Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2016, 02:12 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:Ya its pretty crazy, thats why everyone talks about strength builds or arcane builds.  Mine started as a skill build but has evolved to be skill, strength, arcane.  The souls games have more options as well.  Basically any weapon that has an S or an A can be a top weapon on the right build regardless of the weapons base physical damage stats.

You can also screw yourself over pretty well by investing in the wrong stats or switching to the wrong weapon for your build.

So I noticed that few if any weapons listed on the wiki page you provided have a scaling greater than 'C'. Is this accurate? Right now I'm swapping between the Saw Cleaver and the Cane, but I'm seeing as how that's probably not the best approach since I'll just have to dump a ton of resources into both Strength and Skill.

EDIT: Now I see that the scaling changes as the weapon upgrades. So what is initially a 'C' scaling factor at 1+, may turn into a 'B' at a 9+. Pretty sneaky sis.

Quote:So I noticed that few if any weapons listed on the wiki page you provided have a scaling greater than 'C'. Is this accurate? Right now I'm swapping between the Saw Cleaver and the Cane, but I'm seeing as how that's probably not the best approach since I'll just have to dump a ton of resources into both Strength and Skill.

most if not all weapons start out at C scaling and as you reinforce the weapon they go up.  The Cane for instance jumps to A scaling once you upgrade it to the 9th level.  Don't just click on the list of weapons click on the actual weapon and it will give you more info.

Go Jags!

I'd like to point out that if you have the Old Hunters DLC you can get some seriously ridiculous weapons if you're interested in scaling. It added a lot of Strength-based weapons too if that's how you're building

If you're running an Arcane build... Well, without spoiling it, you should definitely check out the Milkweed Rune 

Quote:I'd like to point out that if you have the Old Hunters DLC you can get some seriously ridiculous weapons if you're interested in scaling. It added a lot of Strength-based weapons too if that's how you're building

If you're running an Arcane build... Well, without spoiling it, you should definitely check out the Milkweed Rune 
I need to download the DLC still, I'm using the ludwig holy blade and blade of mercy at the moment.  Good chance I'm going to start over with a new character soon.  A friend of mine is making a gun only build. 

Go Jags!

Buying a game tonight...This or Witcher 3?

Quote:Buying a game tonight...This or Witcher 3?

IMO Bloodborne Witcher 3 is lots of dialogue glitchy fighting and endless back and forth at some point it seems more like pony express.

Go Jags!

Quote:IMO Bloodborne Witcher 3 is lots of dialogue glitchy fighting and endless back and forth at some point it seems more like pony express.

I've heard great things about Bloodborne but I've never played any Dark Souls game before,looking for an RPG type with lots of depth,gave up on Fallout 4 months ago.